Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

Hey Everyone, I'll never manage to answer a lot of the replies I received, but I did read them, just kinda short on time today.  IF I'm a good girl, I will be eventually be out taking care of shit I've put off thanks to my hand and all.

Anyway, one thing on my mind since this Euron casting..........and it may figure into a Rant and Rave Rorschach test for D&D, is this:  I fear that D&D are going for another fan fav and late season saver like Pedro was as Oberyn.  Season by season, the complexity of the story suffers, but it was last year that it seems a lot of it really hit the fan even though S4 had lots of issues.  Season 4 also had Oberyn larger than life, making things somewhat fun, and somewhat easy to ignore.  Add in the comic duo of Arya and The Hound and, IMO, they and Oberyn helped hide a lot of the s4 flaws, at first, anyway.  I fear that Pedro as Oberyn is the mark they might be going for with this Euron casting.  It's a bit of de ja vu too...........I remember lots of questioning about the casting of Pedro, too, just like with this guy that's been cast as Euron.  Everything from his age to.....unknown acting ability was questioned, and that feeling just reminds me of all the Euron stuff now.  I really do feel that Euron may be totally revamped, forget even the molestation wonderings, much less their beloved background rapes.  I do think it's something to consider, and watch for........the D's may be looking for that Oberyn lightening to strike again, with Euron.  

I'd like to take this opportunity to say:  I wasn't around MUCH pre s4 on the tv side, and I wasn't one bemoaning Pedro's casting.  I think I wondered on his age, on another board and fandom where it came up, but I was willing to wait and see.  This show, and the D's, have killed that for me.......the idea of a benefit of the doubt and wait and see.  

Silly, Bronn is going back to Dorne for the bad pussy. Obviously :)

LOL.  Or maybe bad pussy is coming to KL? He could stay and hang with the Sand Snake(s) I guess.  

It's going to be worlds colliding when the B movie gals enter the previously not B movie King's Landing plotline/costumes.  Kind of like Independent George and Relationship George meeting.  

Every time I think in any detail about Season 6 I want to scream.

Hmn.

http://www.robertjacksonbennett.com/blog/why-are-you-writing-a-rape-scene

Remember that D&D try and preserve the dignity of men whenever possible (except Theon), whilst gleefully humiliating women. So perhaps they would be uncomfortable with a crime that has male victims.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BeautyIsNeverTarnished

It's why I forgive Martin for Jeyne Poole a frostbitten nose.

Though I am currently struggling with Morena and the George Elliot quote.

If that happens we will be in  De Sade's Justine.

I had read the Bennett writings during the season 5 controversies, but thanks for linking them and reminding me.  I seriously suspect that with the Greyjoy family cut to the bare bones, and the way the D's behave on this type of thing, that we can forget most of Euron's sins making it to the screen.  Add some of the issues male vs female victims, and I'm wondering if we will even recognize Euron.  

But.. you guys are forgetting Tyrion!!! Is it because he'll be canonised soon and will give up on women once he's a saint? 

He's still a romantic hero, he saved Missandei. She even told him that in front of Grey Worm. Triangle!

I'm just super surprised he wasn't part of the Jorah - Dany - Daario triangle. Surely Dany will appreciate him.

Hahaha, how could we forget The Gift.  And, it will be him with Missy and The Worm next season in Mereen.  Hmmmmmmmmm.  It's all filler for St. Tyrion until it's time for him to mount a dragon or Dany, anyway, and save the world.  

Geeze, all this talk about Dany has reminded me we'll be treated to the Jorah/Daario road trip to find the ring of Lothlorien.  It's anyone's guess who is going to save Dany from the attempted rape we know is coming: Drogon, Jorah/Daario or Dany saves herself [yeah right].

My rewatch told me that Daario I was not as bad as everyone thought and much closer to book Daario than Daario II, even if he is a better actor.

I always liked the first Daario, he definitely had the swag and personality of OG Daario.  The second version is more about how he's written, I think, anyway.  He's just sooooooooooooooo sedate seeming, though, that it throws me off.  I know Daario I left for a movie commitment, I even saw a commerical or trailer for one recently.......I wonder how he's doing and I'd bet his acting may have picked up.  

Hopefully it's just attempted.

I like Daario. When she was in danger in the finale, he threw himself on her, to protect her. I always thought he really loved her in the books, too. And thank goodness the Euron casting finally puts an end to the silly Daario is Euron theory.

But, I know you like Daario the Second, and I'm generous and willing not to bitch about him and.....enjoy the ass.   :drool:

The Super Daario Bros Adventures, get HYPE! 

Hahahaha, that works.  It also sounds much better than what has been shown on our tv screens the past couple seasons.   :devil:

Super Daario Brothers!!  

ETA:  Instead of the double post snafu, it's actually taking me two attempts, and message retrievals, to get a post up.  Anyone else having problems? 

Hahaha, how could we forget The Gift.  And, it will be him with Missy and The Worm next season in Mereen.  Hmmmmmmmmm.  It's all filler for St. Tyrion until it's time for him to mount a dragon or Dany, anyway, and save the world.  

I always liked the first Daario, he definitely had the swag and personality of OG Daario.  The second version is more about how he's written, I think, anyway.  He's just sooooooooooooooo sedate seeming, though, that it throws me off.  I know Daario I left for a movie commitment, I even saw a commerical or trailer for one recently.......I wonder how he's doing and I'd bet his acting may have picked up.  

But, I know you like Daario the Second, and I'm generous and willing not to bitch about him and.....enjoy the ass.   :drool:

I like the first Daario, he wasn't my type, but he was beyond handsome to the point of being perfect: If I liked blond men, and if  I was powerful and didn't have to think about lasting relationships with men, he would make an excellent boy toy/father of male children only.

In short Daario 1 was men as objects of female desire.

Daario 2 is too much like a real world relationship: he is above average in looks but he is short (according to season 5), he has a nice personality and is intelligent. He mimics the real world relationships that ordinary women have to have.

So if I were an 18 year old queen with dragons, what would I pick: ordinary man or perfect specimen, whom I could burn with dragons if he cheated on me?

I had read the Bennett writings during the season 5 controversies, but thanks for linking them and reminding me.  I seriously suspect that with the Greyjoy family cut to the bare bones, and the way the D's behave on this type of thing, that we can forget most of Euron's sins making it to the screen.  Add some of the issues male vs female victims, and I'm wondering if we will even recognize Euron.  

I could be grasping at straws, but it is interesting. We are so used to adult women as rape victims that we don't really think about it. So when I read say a poem by a Roman, Greek,  or Arabic & Hebrew poet whining about how a pretty boy won't return their older man's affections... it's actually much more shocking...

I suspect not a comfortable experience if you are male.

He's so clueless, isn't he? But in a good way, not like Larry.

Also Brienne.

"That one time I saw Jaime naked, he looked like a god an--- crap, think of Renly! think of Renly!!".

The way the show portrays him, I wouldn't be shocked if LF actually ends up on the Iron Throne with Sansa as his queen.

By HER choice.

The Ds love Dany, so it will only be attempted.  I'd say their favorites are Dany, Carol, Tyrion, Arya, then maybe the Hound, after that who knows.

They say that Theon is their favorite. The guy they spent an entire season torturing.

Although, they also said they cared about Sansa almost more than any other character, so maybe their words don't mean a thing.

Anyway, I don't believe they love Dany. Carol and Tyrion, maybe. But Dany they are writing either as an incompetent annoying brat, as a bitchy caricature of Strong Female Character, or as a damsel in distress and frustrating object of Nice Guy Jorah's desire. I don't think they either get her character or like her, they just think that Hot Chick with Dragons attracts viewers.

I wonder how they'll off Balon. It seems they filmed a scene on a rope bridge, but will this be Euron's introduction? I don't think there'll be a FM.  

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-images-of-game-of-thrones-filming-in-northern-ireland-plus-huge-spoilers-for-season-6/

bold mine, italics not.

We’ve now learned that yesterday, GoT shot more scenes around the harbor and the caves, as well as a scene on the famous rope bridge. We have photos, a video and new details of filming courtesy of friends of Watchers On The Wall.

And Arya, Jaime & Bronn in the Riverlands.

According to our sources, Jaime Lannister is headed to the Riverlands (and hopefully his ASOIAF plot) in season 6, as the rumored Iceland sightings indicated. Additionally, our sources tell us that his new constant companion Bronn is going along with him on whatever his business is.

But that’s not all. The area is getting crowded next season. We’ve heard that Arya Starkwill be returning to Westeros’ Riverlands as well. That’s a long way from Braavos, to say the least.

Wanted to bring something cute I found on Twitter, let's see if I managed to link it correctly.  

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CN_VyuUWoAA0BNM.mp4

And there we go, it worked, sorta, LOL

It's from the Game of Photos twitter page.

https://twitter.com/gamofphoto

They say that Theon is their favorite. The guy they spent an entire season torturing.

Although, they also said they cared about Sansa almost more than any other character, so maybe their words don't mean a thing.

Anyway, I don't believe they love Dany. Carol and Tyrion, maybe. But Dany they are writing either as an incompetent annoying brat, as a bitchy caricature of Strong Female Character, or as a damsel in distress and frustrating object of Nice Guy Jorah's desire. I don't think they either get her character or like her, they just think that Hot Chick with Dragons attracts viewers.

They love Alfie, in my opinion, not Theon.  If they really loved Theon's character they wouldn't have gutted his story.

They love bright shiny objects like dragons and silver queens, but I do think they love Dany's character, you have to remember that their mentality is quite sophmoric...that's why their characterizations always fall back on cliches.

They lied about Sansa, as dumb as they are, they know that Sansa goes to Winterfell, where she acts like an idiot, is locked in her room, marries Ramsay for "revenge", escapes only to declare that Myranda should kill her and then is saved by Theon..is not empowering.  She was more empowered in the single scene where she contemplates pushing Joff off the bridge at the red keep than the sum total of season 5.

They love Alfie, in my opinion, not Theon.  If they really loved Theon's character they wouldn't have gutted his story.

They love bright shiny objects like dragons and silver queens, but I do think they love Dany's character, you have to remember that their mentality is quite sophmoric...that's why their characterizations always fall back on cliches.

They lied about Sansa, as dumb as they are, they know that Sansa goes to Winterfell, where she acts like an idiot, is locked in her room, marries Ramsay for "revenge", escapes only to declare that Myranda should kill her and then is saved by Theon..is not empowering.  She was more empowered in the single scene where she contemplates pushing Joff off the bridge at the red keep than the sum total of season 5.

And the Hound, gently and subtly, keeps her from it. 

Ah, Season 1, how I miss your quality. 

They love: Alfie, Iwan, Jerome Flynn, Lena ... 

Daario 2 is too much like a real world relationship: he is above average in looks but he is short (according to season 5), he has a nice personality and is intelligent. He mimics the real world relationships that ordinary women have to have.

Michiel Huisman is not short, he's 6'0" and perfect.

Archived