TTTNE 460: Because we lost everything since TTTNE 457

Buckwheat

I used to use a very small amount of milk in my tea, until I was like 19 and I was forced to drink some without milk.  I found I liked it, and have never looked back.  (this only applies to plain tea, not flavored ones...actually, I may have only had plain tea up to that point)

I should probably clarify, I generally drink fruit tea. I am not even sure what plain tea means. Without honey/sugar/lemon?

Because it is beautiful (and it's not only Brits who do it )

Beautiful? You mean aesthetically pleasing? I usually judge my food and drinks by how they taste, not how they look. :P

Agreed completely...tea with milk is gross 

You are one of the scarce English people on the forum who would say that. They had something of a tea war up in GenChat at some point.

and i was just thinking the red is cool...it is one of the school colors for the uni i attended...

What did you study? Geology or something, right? I saw that you were interested in getting a Karst stone sample from your Santa. :D Almost made me want to sign up.

Hallelujah! 

http://forum.westeros.org/
 (As per Ran's note in Board Issues, don't copy/paste content to the new forums yet - presumably because you will lose it. But if anyone wanted to browse old stuff now would be the time)

Thanks for posting.

So good to see the old forum again...

Tea is excellent, but I will never understand why British people mix it with milk. It is like, either you have tea, or you have milk. The idea to put them in the same cup is odd to me.

People put those in the same cup? I did not know that was a thing.

you can take extract the milk from my cold dead tea.   but not while its still warm and tasty to drink.

don't need sugar or any sweeteners, just a small drop of milk.   and tea of a decent strength  not the wimpy stuff they try to give you in the US.

btw those who think milk in tea is weird.  is it any weirder than milk in coffee?

you can take extract the milk from my cold dead tea.   but not while its still warm and tasty to drink.

don't need sugar or any sweeteners, just a small drop of milk.   and tea of a decent strength  not the wimpy stuff they try to give you in the US.

btw those who think milk in tea is weird.  is it any weirder than milk in coffee?

I don't take milk in either :P or sugar/sweeteners. And I must say, nothing sacks a brew when I go home and have access to non scummy water. I mean, London gets a lot right. But when it comes to water :stillsick: 

And yes, it absolutely has to be strong.

ah yes.   our water,  we only have the hard stuff.

there is a reason why I filter my water before drinking.

I don't actually drink coffee period.  just the smell is enough to make me ill.   I'll cross the street to avoid a costa coffee or starbucks.  but my point is   milk in tea is no stranger than milk in coffee.   a lot of people like it that way.

now if I'm having flavoured tea then   the milk stays out.

I think it may be time to break out the Old Man Winter tea...mmmmm. I do take mine with a tiny bit of honey and a like a tablespoon of cream.

edit: I have just finally viewed the site on my laptop and not my phone. It's not as bad as I thought or was expecting but I am lmao about the "followers". Seems highly unnecessary.  Oh hey, there's also a box to put a reason in for my editing. This should be fun.

I think it may be time to break out the Old Man Winter tea...mmmmm. I do take mine with a tiny bit of honey and a like a tablespoon of cream.

edit: I have just finally viewed the site on my laptop and not my phone. It's not as bad as I thought or was expecting but I am lmao about the "followers". Seems highly unnecessary.  Oh hey, there's also a box to put a reason in for my editing. This should be fun.

"I do what I want" :lmao: j

Morning spammers! Or well, day. I slept in.

I stopped noticing my post count a long time ago (once you are past 701, it doesn't matter much ;) )

I only noticed because somebody mentioned it up in the Help forum. I am also happy I did not go back under 700.

No idea, I do not drink coffee.

The new board is very facebooky.

Reason for editing is fun, yes. :P

Archived