NO SPOILERS: Star Wars: The Forum Awakens (whatever number we were on)

Ser Scot A Ellison

might have been posted in the last thread, but the Red Letter Media guys guess the entire plot based solely on the trailer and prior films. They are probably right, and it's sort of disheartening how similar they are.

I never noticed before but Mike is the only funny/talented one of the two. Rich is actually pretty bad. By the time he was doing that thing where he pretended not to know Rey/Ridley's name I was ready not to hear him ever open his mouth ever again.

I never noticed before but Mike is the only funny/talented one of the two. Rich is actually pretty bad. By the time he was doing that thing where he pretended not to know Rey/Ridley's name I was ready not to hear him ever open his mouth ever again.

Mike's the heavier-set one (I guess I'm not allowed to say 'fat one'), right? I like his deadpan sense of humor. He's the voice of the Plinkett reviews, right? I've noticed a lot that he uses phrases/callbacks to those pretty often and it doesn't seem like a leap to see him making that voice.

Mike's the heavier-set one (I guess I'm not allowed to say 'fat one'), right? I like his deadpan sense of humor. He's the voice of the Plinkett reviews, right? I've noticed a lot that he uses phrases/callbacks to those pretty often and it doesn't seem like a leap to see him making that voice.

That's right. I enjoy him quite a bit, but Rich is terrible.

might have been posted in the last thread, but the Red Letter Media guys guess the entire plot based solely on the trailer and prior films. They are probably right, and it's sort of disheartening how similar they are.

Yeah they pretty much pointed out how this one looks to be a carbon copy of Episode 4.  One thing they didn't talk about was how it seems fairly obvious Poe Dameron is going to be the Leia in that his buddy Finn (plus Rey, Han and Chewie) are going to go rescue him presumably to get the new death star thingy plans so they can go blow it up at the end.  

It's kind of distressing how similar it looks storywise.  Finn is the equivalent of the Droids at the start then likely is the Han character, Rey is Luke, Han is Obi Wan, Chewie is Chewie, Poe is Leia, Leia is Dodonna. Brendan Gleeson's son is Tarkin. The only odd thing is Kylo Ren looking to be Darth Maul instead of Vader. But that may be because they might have Phasma be the Vader. (As in the episode 4-frightening- underling-to-Tarkin sense, not in the Anakin Skywalker sense) 

No don't discussion of the new TV spot?

Are you referring the one that focuses on Finn, and we get a good view of that weird electrical weapon wielded by a stormtrooper?

I think some people have begun to stay away from all the new promotions. Understandable, but I cannot stay away, though I try not to click on every article mentioning SW nowadays. 

This latest TV spot, like all the others, gets me more and more excited. And that weapon, though it looks incredibly unwieldy, might have some advantage.

Corvinus,

Yup.  The weapon used by the Stormtrooper was reminicant of the staffs used by "General Grevious's" guards in ROTS.

Yes, reminiscent of those staffs, but it looks more like a cross between a staff and a mace or battle-axe. I find the way it's attached to his arm to be intriguing. I can't wait, I can't wait!!!! 

I've been in radio silence for a little while. Didn't watch the Japanese trailer or any tv spots or further material. I've seen all I wanna see by now - I'm just ready for the movie to come out. :)

(I have seen the main trailer about 10 times by now, though)

I too have not seen the Japansses trailer or anything since.  I don't know how I'm managing to resist.   I just don't want to see too much before the film.  

I'm super hyped for this now allready.  I just want to watch the dam movie.

*please don't suck, please don't suck*

Corvinus,

Yup.  The weapon used by the Stormtrooper was reminicant of the staffs used by "General Grevious's" guards in ROTS.

I believe in the early drafts of A New Hope, Lucas had originally planned for Stormtroopers to carry lightsabers. This new weaponry kind of reminds me of that. It'd be interesting to see them miss targets with a whole new weapon. :P 

I too have not seen the Japansses trailer or anything since.  I don't know how I'm managing to resist.   I just don't want to see too much before the film.  

I'm super hyped for this now allready.  I just want to watch the dam movie.

*please don't suck, please don't suck*

I'd say to go ahead and watch it! It did not reveal too much, just showed some new clips of explosions and some meetings between characters. Though if you'd prefer to go in without seeing anything, more power to you :D

Archived