MLB: Book'em Danno!

Arch-MaesterPhilip

That could be why they price was so low.

Oh definitely. If it's a suspension of over 46 games then Yanks have him for 2017 also since Chapman wouldn't be eligible for free agency, so it's not all that bad if it happens to be a lengthy suspension. Assuming they don't trade Miller away, Betances-Miller-Chapman is pretty devastating.

Oh definitely. If it's a suspension of over 46 games then Yanks have him for 2017 also since Chapman wouldn't be eligible for free agency, so it's not all that bad if it happens to be a lengthy suspension. Assuming they don't trade Miller away, Betances-Miller-Chapman is pretty devastating.

Think it was a smart move to capitalize on the low price though the fact he's a DV offender completely puts me off. Still, when he does play, it shortens the game for the starters and that's necessary given how poor their starting pitching is.

Think it was a smart move to capitalize on the low price though the fact he's a DV offender completely puts me off. Still, when he does play, it shortens the game for the starters and that's necessary given how poor their starting pitching is.

This sums up mu feelings exactly.  It is beyond off putting to trade for a guy like him.  But when he serves his time that combo is going to be amazing.  

Guys, can we talk about Alan Trammel? 

Also Tim Raines. Edgar Martinez and Larry Walker.

Raines may get it next year, the others are gonna be a while. Trammell will have to go the route of the Veterans Committee, along with Mark McSteroid.

Griffey comes up 3 votes short of 100% of the vote, so apparently he has pissed off 3 writers over the course of his career because I don't see how you choose not to vote for him.

Archived