Wonder Woman -- 100th reply unlocks Invisible Plane photo

Bastard of Boston

Now that WB has officially announced the finalized cast and commenced filming, I guess it's time for an official topic. Gal Gadot commemorated the start of filming by posting the first official image of WW from the film...

CUUgdd8VEAAbmc8.jpg

Earlier, a set photo of Chris Pine and Saïd Taghmaoui hit the net. Seems Steve Trevor will be featured in a WWII setting.

KSUQhCT.jpg

Just for fun, earlier this week, an image of Megan Gale as Wonder Woman in the scrapped George Miller Justice League movie was released.

XGHh3J0.jpg

So no Eva Green and Sean Bean ? Bean I can understand - negotiations failed when his character was required to survive the movie, completely understandable - but not seeing Green is sad. Hopefully, this means better roles for her. Catwoman ! Poison Ivy ! Darkseid !

Well, first I should say the only thing I know of Darkseid is what I've seen in Justice League: War (the animated film).

Oh okay....no, no she really couldnt pull it off. That movie was a pretty lousy portrayal of Darkseid, completely lacking his presence and personality.

If you want a better portrayal of him, watch the 90's Superman animated series or the Justice League episodes with him in it.

Some examples.

Has Patty Jenkins done anything in the last decade or so? Are they replacing Gal Gadot? When you're the bad actor/actress in the fast and the furious you have achieved a special kind of of status, just not sure she should get a movie based on that achievement. Casting Wonder Woman is like Casting Thor it isn't easy.

DC peaked in the 90's with their animated Series and then again with Batman in the 2000's. Not really sure what they are thinking these days, other than they appear to want to destroy the resurrected comic book franchises.

• 1 month later...

They may as well have said "Did you like Captain America:Frist Avenger? Well imagine how cool it would be with a hot woman as opposed to a hot man"

It works but the captain america vibe is a bit on the nose. She even fights using a shield as a weapon, with token kickflip.

Kevin Smith looks terrified from the 30s point. That and/or he crapped himself.

The most interesting thing is how much they seem to have shot already. I thought it had only just begun filming.

Some comments I found online said that the movie was set during the First World War, not the 2nd. But it might be both.

And why does WW need to ride a horse into battle? Doesn't she fly? Even so, I liked the footage, especially her spin kick move, so I am reasonably interested.

4 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Some comments I found online said that the movie was set during the First World War, not the 2nd. But it might be both.

And why does WW need to ride a horse into battle? Doesn't she fly? Even so, I liked the footage, especially her spin kick move, so I am reasonably interested.

You might actually be correct regarding WWI. It's an odd choice for her getting involved though as it's really debateable who were the "villains" in that war. WWII is more black and white. Unless the Germans in WWI invade Themyscira there's not much of a reason for the amazons picking a side.

42 minutes ago, red snow said:

You might actually be correct regarding WWI. It's an odd choice for her getting involved though as it's really debateable who were the "villains" in that war. WWII is more black and white. Unless the Germans in WWI invade Themyscira there's not much of a reason for the amazons picking a side.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Captain America style twist on the War. He had Red Skull involved, they will probably make Ares control the Germans or something like that.

Like you said it's throwing major Captain America vibes. Which is a bit normal since she did fight in the older wars in some comic arcs.

19 minutes ago, Lord Hanna said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Captain America style twist on the War. He had Red Skull involved, they will probably make Ares control the Germans or something like that.

Like you said it's throwing major Captain America vibes. Which is a bit normal since she did fight in the older wars in some comic arcs.

That would help with the issue of the Amazons tipping world history.

Well, that footage was not much to brag about. I had hopes that DC could succeed and make a pretty good movie universe, more serious and mature then Marvel and with some original ideas. But the more you get from it and the more you see from trailers I don't know really, but my hopes are a bit lowered I guess. I guess pretty much hangs on how Batman vs Superman is and I guess we'll see when Suicide Squad comes.

4 hours ago, red snow said:

I've heard the point made elsewhere that this is exactly why WWI works better. Diana's mission (in the modern era anyway) is supposed to be to bring peace, because the world of men is too warlike. That makes WWI a better choice for obvious reasons.

• 2 months later...

Archived