What's annoying you today? Part the grievous

Arkhangel

12 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

didn't get the job :( oh well, was only a 12 hour retail job anyway, but it would still have been some extra money a month to start saving for things :( better luck next time ! at least I got an interview. 

God damnit, I always think i'm so friendly and borderline likeable in person as well 

You're definitely likeable!  My best guess would be that they passed you over due to being overqualified.  

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Damnit. I don't even mention on my retail CVs that I have a degree now. Only in the education bit never in the personal statement because of seeming too overwualified even tho I literally don't feel qualified to do ANYTHING lol 

Same here. :lol: And I will have a MA in half a year, if everything goes according to plan.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Same here. :lol: And I will have a MA in half a year, if everything goes according to plan.

I wanna do an MA but I need the money first to go and do it hence needing the better job lol or more hours. Also congrats :Dyou'll do fine im sure!!! What is the subject???

The fact that I grind my teeth so much, the damage it has done to them, and the ridiculously high dentistry fee to get them fixed before they deteriorate.

As a student, 3K is somewhat of a seriously blow to my savings.

I still don't really know what I want to do when I leave the military. That's fine, that's not what's annoying me. What's annoying me is when members of the command team think that nagging and scolding me like I'm some shiftless kid fresh out of college is in any way helpful. Yes, I have avenues I'm exploring. No, I don't have a ten-page, annotated, bullet-point plan covering every possible contingency. Holy fuck, I'm a grown fucking man and frankly if I crash and burn and end up a broke, homeless crack addict that's no one's business but my own.

1 hour ago, Leap said:

Just had one of the most creepy experiences of my life that has most certainly made me question my sanity. I get on the bus. A woman across the aisle says ''Hi'', I say ''Hi'' back awkwardly and play on my phone. We ignore each other. As I stand to get off the bus, a good 10-15 minutes later, she looks at me, smiles and says ''See you another time''. Again, awkward reply of ''cya''. 

I honestly have no idea what to think, and it's very hard to convince myself that it definitely wasn't a hallucination, given I was alone and absolutely no-one responded to her, nor did she talk to anyone else. Weird as fuck.

Are you sure you do not know her? Or maybe she just thought you were somebody she knew. It is not that odd that you would question your sanity because of it.

14 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I wanna do an MA but I need the money first to go and do it hence needing the better job lol or more hours. Also congrats :Dyou'll do fine im sure!!! What is the subject???

Ohhhhh, tuitition fees and stuff ... the luck of living somewhere where studying is free. ;) And both the luck and unluck to do it while living at home with the parents.

I am studying languages and literatures. I only have the second thesis to write left, I passed all the exams and defended the first thesis already.

Have you thought about studying abroad for one semester or two? I was on Erasmus last year for one semester and it was the best decision I ever made.

8 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Are you sure you do not know her? Or maybe she just thought you were somebody she knew. It is not that odd that you would question your sanity because of it.

Ohhhhh, tuitition fees and stuff ... the luck of living somewhere where studying is free. ;) And both the luck and unluck to do it while living at home with the parents.

I am studying languages and literatures. I only have the second thesis to write left, I passed all the exams and defended the first thesis already.

Have you thought about studying abroad for one semester or two? I was on Erasmus last year for one semester and it was the best decision I ever made.

Yess i have. I really wanna go to europe to study. I dont wanna study in the UK brcause its so expensive. :D just need to save up some money for living expenses and some fees and find a decent museum studies course in english. I really want to. 

6 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Yess i have. I really wanna go to europe to study. I dont wanna study in the UK brcause its so expensive. :D just need to save up some money for living expenses and some fees and find a decent museum studies course in english. I really want to. 

Good plan! Maybe see into scholarships for students studying abroad. I have no clue if you can manage to find such a course in English, but I hope you can (I am still very much used to the idea that the education programmes in each country are in that country's language, except exceptions). Good luck. :)

2 hours ago, Leap said:

100% positive I have never met her before in my life. It's kind of weird actually, in writing the situation seems much more mundane than it felt. 

I've experienced that before. She was probably being friendly with the "hi" (maybe thinking there would be more of a conversation?) and then some people (like me for instance) will say goodbye to someone they've been talking to even if you've spent most of that time in silence. Probably something like that imo. 

I'm annoyed that almost all of the trains for the day I want to travel home require me to change trains at Darlington (which is one very short stop by train from where I usually go). I guess there must be track works on but ugh, sigh. And, of course, the non-change trains are significantly more expensive, as are the trains the following day. Joy.

4 hours ago, Leap said:

100% positive I have never met her before in my life. It's kind of weird actually, in writing the situation seems much more mundane than it felt. 

Sometimes, people let out awkward parting phrases with strangers and it's nothing more than a slip of the tongue - I've had total strangers on the phone at my work (I work in a call center) say "talk to ya later" out of, presumably, habit despite the fact that I'll never speak to them again. Could be something like that.

Or she was just flirting with you. 

31 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Sometimes, people let out awkward parting phrases with strangers and it's nothing more than a slip of the tongue - I've had total strangers on the phone at my work (I work in a call center) say "talk to ya later" out of, presumably, habit despite the fact that I'll never speak to them again. Could be something like that.

Or she was just flirting with you. 

I even do that with people I DO know. "See you later." Sure. If by later you mean 6 months time or so...

Archived