Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Muggle

10 minutes ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Mendelsohn was in it, he's the guy in white, right?

Edit: Damn, a little too late :P

I have no idea how I missed him the first time, it was a pretty clear shot. The AT-AT's on the beach and Yen's character fighting the stormtroopers...wow! 

2 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Ok n00b question, is it pronounced A T A T or at-at?

There's disagreement on that. I prefer AT-AT and that's becoming more common I think. IIRC on the Special Edition commentary Lucas said at-at, but it sounded just as stupid when he said it. 

4 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Ok n00b question, is it pronounced A T A T or at-at?

I've always said A T - A T

Sure you could say at-at, but then how are you supposed to pronounced AT-ST or AT-MT or any of the other variations???

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I've always said A T - A T

Sure you could say at-at, but then how are you supposed to pronounced AT-ST or AT-MT or any of the other variations???

Just like it spells, at-sssssssssssst and at-mmmmmmmmmmt :lol:

42 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Obi Wan shouldn't be anywhere near, given that he's supposed to be hiding out in the desert at this stage. It'd be a bit of a stretch to have him involved here and get back to long lonely isolation on Tattooine before Ep IV.
I reckon we might get a Leia cameo at the end as she receives the plans, but since they were beamed to her it's not necessary.

Vader would certainly be welcome, though.

I'm in total agreement with Obi Wan - just pointing out how they could squeeze him into it if they really wanted. I hope they don't.

I think they could easily have included Leia in it though not on the mission itself but involved in some other way. Again, they certainly don't need to (and i think it's best to avoid recasting main characters where possible) but it would be nice for he to get a storyline not involving the original trilogy characters.

48 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I don't see how it could be anyone but Vader. The red guards suggest this person is kneeling to the Emperor, and they have that rule of two. 

I suppose it's too much to hope that It's Ezra from Rebels all grown up.

It would be awesome if it was Ezra (although it may turn out to be his last appearance) but I tend to get the impression that while Rebels is canon they are being careful not to crossover into the films. Are there any examples yet of characters crossing into the films? Granted it's easier to cross into Rogue one than TFA given the chronology.

Otherwise maybe Vader's character ark will centre around how he loses his hood? It could explain why Kylo Ren likes one. This is meant to be a joke but is worryingly plausible.

12 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

There's disagreement on that. I prefer AT-AT and that's becoming more common I think. IIRC on the Special Edition commentary Lucas said at-at, but it sounded just as stupid when he said it. 

I always assumed it was A T-A T but heard someone say the other and it made me doubt.

1 minute ago, Astromech said:

The article below speculates on the hooded figure. I don't think it's Vader. Too thin.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2016/04/07/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story---who-is-that-hooded-figure-/

That's some uh... pretty cowardly speculation. :lol: "It's not Vader, not the Emperor, probably not the Grand Admiral."

1 minute ago, ab aeterno said:

That's some uh... pretty cowardly speculation. :lol: "It's not Vader, not the Emperor, probably not the Grand Admiral."

Lol, true. I found the Bacta tank idea interesting, though.

2 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

So a new apprentice, or from the comments of that: is there any chance it's Plagueis (Dude needs an easier to spell name) kept stored in the tank?

Archived