Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Muggle

1 minute ago, The BlackBear said:

So a new apprentice, or from the comments of that: is there any chance it's Plagueis (Dude needs an easier to spell name) kept stored in the tank?

If it is a Bacta tank, could it possibly be Whitaker's character? He doesn't exactly look "healthy" in the trailer. Maybe the hooded figure is nobody and it's just a cool shot for the trailer.

53 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Just... what is wrong with people?

Just took a look... this is going to be a thing for everything that prominently features women or minorities for the foreseeable future, isn't it?

Regarding everyone's favourite All Terrain Armored Transports, I'm pretty sure it has been pronounced A T A T in past video games. Of course those are all no longer canon.

3 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Lol, true. I found the Bacta tank idea interesting, though.

1 minute ago, The BlackBear said:

So a new apprentice, or from the comments of that: is there any chance it's Plagueis (Dude needs an easier to spell name) kept stored in the tank?

The best fit would seem to be something along the lines of an Inquisitor. Not a Sith but a force sensitive dark sider the Emperor sends on missions that need that extra level of assurance, but for which Vader would be too high profile. Not sure they'd want to use an Inquisitor like those in Rebels, but something alone those lines would make sense to me.

What better way to emphasise that this is a movie about those without The Force, than to have an actual force user hunting them down.

1 minute ago, Astromech said:

If it is a Bacta tank, could it possibly be Whitaker's character? He doesn't exactly look "healthy" in the trailer. Maybe the hooded figure is nobody and it's just a cool shot for the trailer.

It would seem odd to have Imperial Guards there for a nobody though. Maybe it's Garindan in the cloak. :lol:

I'm all aboard with this new trailer. Looks great, and looks like a Star Wars story that, in addition to having new characters, hasn't been told before.

And we haven't had one of those for over a decade.

I think the hooded figure is one of three possibilities:

1. An inquisitor - perhaps the last one
  2. Snoke - and maybe he is an inquisitor; either way, it would be a nice way to get the background on Snoke ahead of Ep. VIII
  3. A Sith cultist - some of the canon novels have already established that a sort of Imperial/Sith cult was established around at Palpatine's court; this is the likeliest of the possibilities, but I'm rooting for #1.

I really don't think it's Vader. Unless it's a Vader whose mask got destroyed in a fight with the rebels, so he is covering the ruin of his scalp with a hood.

34 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

It would seem odd to have Imperial Guards there for a nobody though. Maybe it's Garindan in the cloak. :lol:

Haha, I thought Garindan as a possibility as well. Maybe the last scene of the film and him being sent to Tatooine after Leia gets the stolen plans?

25 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Maybe it's Darth Jar Jar.

OMG, could Jar Jar be Garindan? ;)

Just now, RumHam said:

...How do you possibly come to that conclusion after a teaser trailer? It seems like you're just complaining that the movie has a main character. Or a main character who is a woman. 

I said looks like, not conclusive; and Mary Sue's are not gender exclusive (Gary Sue if you like).

10 minutes ago, Commodore said:

I said looks like, not conclusive; and Mary Sue's are not gender exclusive (Gary Sue if you like).

All you have to go on, is that she's a girl and a main character lol

If the guy was a main character, you 100% wouldn't have said that. (considering every since action hero is a gary sue, they do everything right every time, yet i doubt you ever say that about those trailers, or anybody else who uses the term mary sue).

There's nothing to go on to even come close to that conclusion. 

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

Having watched the trailer again, the Imperial Guards are guarding the tank, not the figure. Makes it pretty likely that it's either Vader or the Emperor in the tank, not helpful at all for the identity of the hood.

16 minutes ago, Lord Hanna said:

All you have to go on, is that she's a girl and a main character lol

If the guy was a main character, you 100% wouldn't have said that. (considering every since action hero is a gary sue, they do everything right every time, yet i doubt you ever say that about those trailers). There's nothing to go on to even come close to that conclusion. 

nah, the trailer makes her out to be the standard flawless young badass we've seen many times before

gender is irrelevant

EDIT: I should say they are definitely hoping to replicate the Katniss dynamic (young female who is inexplicably perfect at everything), but a male would be just as implausible. 

Archived