2016 NFL Wildcard cont: Their Bones Will Turn To ICE!

Jace, Extat

Keep on spinning those excuses...

There's a reason everyone refers to them as the bungles.  They never fail to disappoint.

I love when fans of a team take after their coaches. Keep oozing class. Joe and Renly are quality fans, they deserve better. You get exactly what you want and that disgusts me.

I love when fans of a team take after their coaches. Keep oozing class.

Ha.  oh geez....  

Joe and Renly are quality fans, they deserve better. 

If they are quality fans, then they can likely take a little mild ribbing. if they couldn't, then i doubt they'd still be bengals fans.

You get exactly what you want 

I'm not sure what it is you think i want here.

and that disgusts me.

Disgusts you apparently much moreso than blatant shots to the head, or abuse of an official.

So........  You know...  there's that. 

I've got...

Chiefs@Pats-Pats in a relatively low scoring contest. Say 24-17ish? I like KC's defense, but I just don't think they have the offensive firepower to keep up with the Pats.

Packers@Cards-Cards in a laugher. I think they are probably the most balanced team in the postseason, and I don't think the Packers have really figured out who and what they are this season. 34-20 Cards.

Seachickens@Panthers-Panthers in a classic defensive slog. 16-10 Carolina.

Steelers@Donks-Donks roll a depleted Steelers squad. 27-9.  

Chiefs@Pats - Chiefs.  Too good on defense, against a struggling pats team.

Packers@Cards - Cards.  They are just too good.

Seachickens@Panthers-This is the toughest one to call for me.  I'll begrudgingly take the panthers, but I'm not sure why.

Steelers@Broncos - Broncos.  Injuries and this has all the makings of a let down game anyway for the Steelers. probably not even close.  If the steelers manage to win though.....

I've got...

Chiefs@Pats-Pats in a relatively low scoring contest. Say 24-17ish? I like KC's defense, but I just don't think they have the offensive firepower to keep up with the Pats.

Packers@Cards-Cards in a laugher. I think they are probably the most balanced team in the postseason, and I don't think the Packers have really figured out who and what they are this season. 34-20 Cards.

Seachickens@Panthers-Panthers in a classic defensive slog. 16-10 Carolina.

Steelers@Donks-Donks roll a depleted Steelers squad. 27-9.  

Don't you need the Pats to win to avoid losing another bet with Jace?

I'm taking

Pats over Chiefs. It's my pick for game of the weekend, Chiefs will make it close and could pull out a win, but gotta go with NE at home.

Steelers over Broncos. Total homer pick, but even with an injured shoulder, Ben should still be able to throw it further than PFM.

Panther over Seahawks. I'm tired of Happy Pete and his merry band. Panthers have the D and Cam Newton to finally end it.

Packers over Cards. I just somehow see the Cards handing this game away to the Pack. If the Pack can keep the offense going like it was Sunday, this one could turn into a shoot out.

And breaking news, Vontaze Burfict suspended for the first 3 games next year for repeated violations of player safety rules.

Don't you need the Pats to win to avoid losing another bet with Jace?

And breaking news, Vontaze Burfict suspended for the first 3 games next year for repeated violations of player safety rules.

Not exactly. I just need the Donks to win. Anyway, I would gladly take a loss on that bet in exchange for a Pats loss. I would love to see them take a beating at home, I just don't see it happening.

Good news on the second bit. It's deserved.

So... one less game than Brady got for "more likely than not" being aware of an effort to deflate footballs. Yes, Roger Goodell's NFL cares about player safety, almost as much as it cares about women, but maybe a little bit more than the Steelers care about coaching professionalism.

So... one less game than Brady got for "more likely than not" being aware of an effort to deflate footballs. Yes, Roger Goodell's NFL cares about player safety, almost as much as it cares about women, but maybe a little bit more than the Steelers care about coaching professionalism.

Brady was accused of cheating and it was reduced to zero. He cares more about the integrity of the game than player safety as we have seen time and time again. That's somewhat fair to me. 

3 games is justified though I'm still waiting for Mike Mitchell to get a suspension given the 4 players he has concussed and the others he has threatened (Green after he had already concussed him once out of the playoffs). Think suspensions only happen when the offence is in the playoffs.

I'm curious to see what other penalties are laid down. I reckon a few fines that Tomlin pays for.

Brady was accused of cheating and it was reduced to zero. He cares more about the integrity of the game than player safety as we have seen time and time again. That's somewhat fair to me. 

It also makes business sense. If people think the game is fixed they stop caring. As harsh as it sounds most people care more about the integrity of the game then player health. At least that's how it seems. When the Pats cheat it has the potential to hurt the NFL more than a player getting a concussion in the one place they care about the most, their pocketbook. Maybe in time, and with more knowledge, that will change but I feel like it's the sad truth now. 

My picks:

Seahawks at Panthers - I think Seattle has the better defense at this point. Love the QB matchup. Who's gonna make more magic happen?

Packers at Cardinals - There's no ease-in period for Aaron Rodgers to help him adjust from facing Washington's "defense" to Arizona's. On the plus side, I think he gets sacked less than 9 times this time.

Chiefs at Patriots - I'm really tempted to take KC but can't in Foxboro without Maclin. Gonna take more than 5 yard checkdowns to win this one, Alex.

Steelers at Broncos - As a "thanks for coming" gift, I'm sure Elway will take the Steelers out for a nice steak dinner at his restaurant for somehow beating Cincy despite being entirely broken by game's end. They wanted no part of the Chiefs in the 2nd round. 

My picks:

Seahawks over Panthers: I think Seattle as of now is a tad better in all three phases.

Patriots over Chiefs: I cannot take Andy Reid over Belichick. Also Maclin is hurt and may not play. I think the Pats will struggle for a half and will eventually blow the game open. 

Cardinals over Green Bay: This one will not be close. I ask the board to nominate a few signatures for Jace. 

Broncos over Steelers: Pittsburgh is too banged up to hang with Denver even if the fat bastard plays. 

Yea, Gilberry chest bumps Porter from behind. That happened after he stopped and started jawing in front of the referee with players instead of continuing to walk with Brown, the guy he was supposedly worried so much about that he had to be on the field with him.

and 

Rock. As much as I hate Porter he really did not do anything wrong other than maybe being on the field but that was a major hit so I cut him slack. Gilberry shoved Porter as Brown started walking off. Porter was on his way off the field with Brown and the med staff until Gilberry pushed him from behind into a pack of Bengals which resulted in the jones penalty. Gilberry is the one who caused it and Lewis should never have allowed all those Bengals players to be anywhere near the medical staff or the officials. Undisciplined morons and Porter was not the instigator which makes the Bengals worse.

My point was not to exonerate the Steelers or to bury the Bengals, but to describe what should be obvious - its not "entrapment" if you wanted to do it anyway (if you get what I am saying).  See, NONE OF THIS MATTERS!!!!  If Burfect does not act like a nut; if Jones keeps his cool, NONE OF THIS MATTERS!  But those guys said, in effect, "Fuck it; I'm going deep!" And they lost their cool, their composure and then the game.  

My point is salient and clear: if the Bengals had been conditioned to remember their tasks, do their job and not overreact to petty sticks, they would be traveling to Foxboro this week-end. 

3 games is justified though I'm still waiting for Mike Mitchell to get a suspension given the 4 players he has concussed and the others he has threatened (Green after he had already concussed him once out of the playoffs). Think suspensions only happen when the offence is in the playoffs.

I'm curious to see what other penalties are laid down. I reckon a few fines that Tomlin pays for.

I think its absurd that Burfect got 3 to Brady's 4.  This is another example of how warped the commish is and how much he botched the Bardy situation.  But that's more my residual anger against the League than it is for Burfect.  Burfect probably SHOULD get 3 games, though.  It may get reduced to 2, but 3 seems about right.  He has a history of this sort of thing and the NFL finally brought the hammer down on him.  

I think the Steelers stuff will be inicidental - a few fines etc.  The main issue here really was the Bengals and how out of control they were.  

I just don't know what the Bengals are going to do.  Carroll was able to survive the disaster in the SB; I wonder of Lewis can here.  

I just don't know what the Bengals are going to do.  Carroll was able to survive the disaster in the SB; I wonder of Lewis can here.  

Not seeing a lot of similarity between those two losses. The Seachickens didn't set their own house on fire in an attempt to kill a rat. They made one questionable play call and got beat by a guy who played it perfectly.   

My picks:

Seahawks over Panthers: I think Seattle as of now is a tad better in all three phases.

Patriots over Chiefs: I cannot take Andy Reid over Belichick. Also Maclin is hurt and may not play. I think the Pats will struggle for a half and will eventually blow the game open. 

Cardinals over Green Bay: This one will not be close. I ask the board to nominate a few signatures for Jace. 

Broncos over Steelers: Pittsburgh is too banged up to hang with Denver even if the fat bastard plays. 

Once again, I wish I would be forced to endure a signature of your choosing. But that's not the way the NFL works (especially in the playoffs).

So I'm gonna listen to some Rush and think of what I'll make your title.

Archived