Star Wars Rebels (All Star Wars Spoilers)

Corvinus85

It would be cool if it was, but it's worth remembering that we got a generic YT-2400 in Rebels rather than Outrider.

On Maul, I guess his absence is off looking for the guy who's still alive, or at least I hope so, and he hasn't just been somewhat forgotten.

I think Maul is going to be the season opener, mid-season and finale arc. What beats me is how kids handle this. For them, they've probably forgotten all about Maul by the time he turns up again. Although I guess they are simply "cool, it's Maul" which is how I'd have probably viewed it as a kid.

There seems to be far too many episodes that have a similar plot. Infiltration of a training camp/manufacturing facility being the prime one and Hondu heists the other.

Thrawn is fun though and it was weird to see a person deliberately blown up in a kid's show. Best line in the show for a while for me was this exhcange

Callus: Your Droid trusts me

Ezra: Yeah, that's not a good thing.

Chopper is the Bender of the Droid world. I love how he seems to not give a shit about anything and happily causes chaos wherever he is. I hope they build on the chemistry between him and Callus.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

Seems like we got Maul just as we were starting to complain about his absence. We now have confirmation on Obi Wan at least. Surely we'll get to see him this season?

As interesting as I've found Maul to be in Rebels, they've set the season up to head towards an end with Kanan, Ezra, and Obi-Wan in a final confrontation with Maul. Should be awesome.

It also seems that Thrawn will more than likely be around next season. Before the season started to air, I kind of assumed it would be a one season arc with him. Hopefully that's not the case.

5 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

As interesting as I've found Maul to be in Rebels, they've set the season up to head towards an end with Kanan, Ezra, and Obi-Wan in a final confrontation with Maul. Should be awesome.

It also seems that Thrawn will more than likely be around next season. Before the season started to air, I kind of assumed it would be a one season arc with him. Hopefully that's not the case.

I think Thrawn could work well as the ultimate antagonist of the show. It depends how Disney want to end the show but having Thrawn win would be going out ESB style. Although we'd then need to know why he was absent from episodes IV onwards. I guess he could easily have been fighting on another front.

What I like about Maul is that he tends to come along with more mythology and "magic" whenever he's around and I've always felt star wars is at its best when it blends magic with SF.

If the season ends with Maul vs the other 3 jedi then it seems like we know who wins that fight. Well, we know who walks out alive anyhow.

9 minutes ago, red snow said:

I think Thrawn could work well as the ultimate antagonist of the show. It depends how Disney want to end the show but having Thrawn win would be going out ESB style. Although we'd then need to know why he was absent from episodes IV onwards. I guess he could easily have been fighting on another front.

What I like about Maul is that he tends to come along with more mythology and "magic" whenever he's around and I've always felt star wars is at its best when it blends magic with SF.

If the season ends with Maul vs the other 3 jedi then it seems like we know who wins that fight. Well, we know who walks out alive anyhow.

I feel that if Kanan can beat Maul, then Obi-Wan, who by now is very strong in the force, should have no problems beating Maul. I don't think Maul will take Obi-Wan directly on. He'll come up with a plan to draw Obi-Wan in a trap.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

I feel that if Kanan can beat Maul, then Obi-Wan, who by now is very strong in the force, should have no problems beating Maul. I don't think Maul will take Obi-Wan directly on. He'll come up with a plan to draw Obi-Wan in a trap.

One would think that some of the elderly, aging nature of Alec Guinness is going to be ret conned out in favor of a more viable Obi-Wan who centers more around Ewan McGregor's age at the end of Episode III and how Obi-Wan wasn't actually that old by the time of Episode IV...

8 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Maybe a young farmer is placed at risk without him being aware of it, as blackmail? Although the issue there is that surely Maul would detect the force in Luke if he was anywhere near him? I guess that knowledge could make Maul a threat to Obi Wan by itself.

• 3 weeks later...

So as I'm impatiently waiting for more of this after R1 I'm going to speculate some more. Given the overarching plot of the season includes Ezra being tempted by the dark side, I think we've already seen enough to think he's probably going to fall properly at some point. If they actually wind up killing Kanan then that could easily be the trigger right there. I don't think they actually leave him fallen fully to the dark though, and that's where I think Ahsoka comes back in. She's had that time on Malachor by a Sith temple, and she's been building towards a non-jedi but stable force wielder model. I've never bought that Filoni actually meant to kill her, but I do accept he didn't intend to bring her back this season so I think in S4 or S5 after Ezra has fallen, she comes back into it and somewhat redeems Ezra and we end up with our grey jedi of sorts.

I'm really hoping Maul doesn't simply try to kill Obi Wan, but actually wants to ally with him against Sidious and Vader. He had his revenge by killing Satine already, and he has a lot of reasons to want revenge on Sidious more than Obi Wan at this point. And its just a great twist after setting up the classic revenge approach. It also unites the vision for Ezra and Maul even more.

On 12/14/2016 at 2:05 PM, Joe Pesci said:

It's Maul going to be a tad short to actually appear?  Is it ever explained how he survived having his body sliced in half?

26 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It's Maul going to be a tad short to actually appear?

Maul has been back for quite a bit of time now... He has a robotic lower half. You should check out the Clone Wars and Rebels episodes with him in it. They are really good. He has finally become a real character.

17 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

Maul has been back for quite a bit of time now... He has a robotic lower half. You should check out the Clone Wars and Rebels episodes with him in it. They are really good. He has finally become a real character.

How the hell did he survive having his body cut in half???

13 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

How the hell did he survive having his body cut in half???

I would argue that having your legs cut off and then marinating in lava is a more impressive circumstance to survive. Lightsabers cauterise  wounds so Maul only had to survive the fall.

17 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

I would argue that having your legs cut off and then marinating in lava is a more impressive circumstance to survive. Lightsabers cauterise  wounds so Maul only had to survive the fall.

You say that like falling into a bottomless pit is something easy to survive.  Should we be watching for Palpetine too?

eta:

Maul has no stomach or intestines.  That's a problem, isn't it?

11 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Maul has no stomach or intestines.  I'm sorry somone surviving being  cut in half is some bullshit fan servicing.  

(I do love that robot chicken clip).

It was his hatred that kept him alive. Just go with it, Ser Scot, he is a space wizard.

Archived