Frey Girls

Good Guy Garlan

You're Robb Stark. You've heroically resisted the quaint charms of Jeyne Westerling and kept it in your pants. You now go to the Twins to select your future bride and marry her on the spot:

Your choices are:

- Arwyn, a girl of fourteen

- Shirei, Walder's youngest trueborn daughter

- Gatehouse Ami 

- Cersei, AKA "Little Bee" (not to be confused with Cersei Lannister, AKA "Big B"), whose mom is a Beesbury

- Merry, AKA "Noisy"

- Tyta

- A couple of Waldas

- Alyx

- Marissa, who's bald

- Serra and Sarra, twins

- Roslyn

I'd personally go with Ami. She comes with Darry and an interesting sex life. 

You?

Fair Walda Frey is the most attractive Frey. Her mother is a Hardyng, her grandmother a Waynwood and great grandmother a Royce. It would slightly increase Vale support.

Alyx is also said to be attractive but with a foreign mother and a Crakehall grandmother it limits the alliance to the Freys.

Roslin is also pretty but politically weak considering that she is pretty far down in the Frey succession line and unclear were she is in the Rosby inheritance but certainly behind her 4 brothers.

9 year old Walda, daughter of Edywn, would be ideal if she was older as she has a strong claim to the Twins. Any children of Robb would have a shout at inheriting that seat.

6 year old Perra is too young but with a Caron mother may have had a claim on Nightsong.

Cersei is also too young, while Tyta is too old.

I kind of think the unattractiveness of the Freys is exaggerated. A big problem is that they are largely represented by Walder, his heir Stevron who are both ancient by Westerosi standards as well as other Freys who are far older than the likes of Ned, Robert, Cat, Jaime and Cersei. I mean Walder's grandson Ryman is about 20 years older than Cat. 

You're Robb Stark. You've heroically resisted the quaint charms of Jeyne Westerling and kept it in your pants. You now go to the Twins to select your future bride and marry her on the spot:

Your choices are:

- Arwyn, a girl of fourteen

- Shirei, Walder's youngest trueborn daughter

- Gatehouse Ami

- Cersei, AKA "Little Bee" (not to be confused with Cersei Lannister, AKA "Big B"), whose mom is a Beesbury

- Merry, AKA "Noisy"

- Tyta

- A couple of Waldas

- Alyx

- Marissa, who's bald

- Serra and Sarra, twins

- Roslyn

I'd personally go with Ami. She comes with Darry and an interesting sex life.

You?

Me too.

And you get Merrett Muttonhead as your father in law.

Problem with Ami is that, as sexist as it is, if a woman is rumored to have had sex before her marriage, there will always be rumors that her kids aren't Robb's kids, which is the last thing Robb needs. Her sisters Marissa (the bald one) and Fat Walda are possible, but they are not tied as directly to Darry and maybe aren't what Robb wants in a queen.

Similar problem with fair Walda. Her Vale ties would definitively put a bit more pressure on Lysa to finally take a side, which is always a plus, but everyone knows she had a tryst with Black Walder.

Walda, daughter of Edwyn, has a strong claim to the Twins, which would be awesome, but Robb needs heirs pronto and she's nine. Perra is even younger. White Walda, daughter of Rhaegar, is around Arya's age, which is still too young. Ryella and Hostella, daughters of a Royce mother, are a six year old and a toddler. Cynthea of the Waynwood mother is only ten.

Zia would be old enough, but her mother's a Blanetree, a house I've never heared of before, and her grandmother's a Frey, too, so... no big inheritances or allegiances coming with her.

Alyx mother is of Braavos, which would be interesting in peace times but won't get Robb anything in war.

Sarra and Serra are possible, but their mother's a Beesbury, another house I've heard nothing about. Merry with her Paege mother is the same, as is Alyx with her Farring mother.

Tyta would be interesting due to her Blackwood mother, but she's simply to old.

I think I would go with Roslin, as she's pretty, seems nice and I've at least heared of house Rosby before.

Sarra and Serra are possible, but their mother's a Beesbury, another house I've heard nothing about. 

You did not heard about House Beesbury? How dare you! They have most epic name and cool beehive sigil!

Ami is pretty but her sex adventures would be too big problem for Robb. Fair Walda and Roslin are best choices here.  

Gatehouse Ami would probably be a fun sexual encounter but for fear of catching some Pox id soon ditch that thought, And Alyx with the Braavosi blood would have an attractive flavour about her for sure,  but this is Robbs perspective so for marriage material Fair Walda or Roslin.

Personally I think Robb should have gotten married after he liberated Riverrun, much like his father did. He married Cat, bedded her, thankfully got her pregnant, and sent her to the safety of Winterfell while he fought the rest of the war. It meant that even if Ned died, not only was there another Stark in Winterfell (Benjen), but there was also a new generation of Starks preserved in little Robb.

Why Cat never suggested this idea to Robb, I don't know. It would have solidified House Frey's investment in the North, it would have given Robb an heir, and it meant he would have had more incentive to not sleep around with whatever girl was nursing him back to health.

39 minutes ago, King Floki of the Ironborn said:

Personally I think Robb should have gotten married after he liberated Riverrun, much like his father did. He married Cat, bedded her, thankfully got her pregnant, and sent her to the safety of Winterfell while he fought the rest of the war. It meant that even if Ned died, not only was there another Stark in Winterfell (Benjen), but there was also a new generation of Starks preserved in little Robb.

Why Cat never suggested this idea to Robb, I don't know. It would have solidified House Frey's investment in the North, it would have given Robb an heir, and it meant he would have had more incentive to not sleep around with whatever girl was nursing him back to health.

Actually Cat stayed at Riverrun throughout Bob's Rebellion.  

As for which Frey I would choose, why not fat Walda?  Capable of bearing plenty of kids and comes with a nice dowry.

If he married Ami, my first fav followed by Fat Walda, then he would never have time enough to make this whole "King in the North" play happen. I have a feeling that even when Ami is married, she is a slippery fish (every pun intended). The best part is that we would still have Grey Wind.

I can imagine that if Robb were to pick a favorite ice cream flavor, it would be unflavored ice milk.

Sooo, that said, Roslyn for loyalty, or, Shirei for her fringe marital benefits.

1 minute ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Sad story, bro.

Mine was not working this morning either. I had to go from my comfy spot on the sofa w/iPad to my actual desk to use the computer. And the worst part is I still lost all of the deep knowledge I was spreading. It did force me to stop procrastinating, though :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Bold Barry Whitebeard said:

Gatehouse Ami.  When the war is over and you won, it won't be hard to find her guilty of adultery and end the marriage.  Then you can cut ties from the Freys and find a much better match elsewhere.

This is how a player of the Game of Thrones talk. You made an interesting point. The only problem I see is that Ami gets pregnant and gave birth to a Stark-look son. Sure, King Robb could argue the baby isn't his, but people and court will always whisper and we know what happens when a presumed royal bastard gets support.

Archived