Acrophilia #9

yomi

10 hours ago, yomi said:

In a few hours you'll get your first characters, but if you're bored here is my own try at a riddle:

Farewell knight, farewell father, farewell mother, farewell teacher, farewell brother, farewell child. Farewell lord, farewell king?

Who or what is left?

Guess 1

Spoiler

The Stranger

Guess 2

Spoiler

The Night's Watch

Guess 3

Spoiler

A Queen

21 hours ago, Julia H. said:

Another wild guess:

Hide contents

The Night's King (possibly a Stark) and the Night's Queen, the woman with skin as white as the moon and eyes bright blue?

(Probably not.)

The "blue moon" also makes me think of the coat of arms of House Arryn, although the moon is the only thing there that isn't blue, and I can't t think of a way in which the other clues might fit in with the Arryns anyway.

No.

15 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

A shadow!

Spoiler

The way Ser gets close to correct -- by accident :ninja:

Characters have now been send out.

The possible letters are

OIS

and

HREABO

Please come up with a clue for your character till Monday, 28th of March, 11 pm Central European Time.

I would be happy to have your middle place.

Re shadow's clue

Spoiler

Is it the murder of Renly by a shadow?

I am thinking - shadow is not flesh and blood but it gets Renly's blood, also it has Stannis's blood in a way

Royal dance - Renly and the shadow have a sort of pas de deux - or else just its the dawn of a great royal battle that involves no Targs

Brienne is the Blue Moon and Catelyn is the wolf

6 hours ago, Castellan said:

Re shadow's clue

Reveal hidden contents

I am thinking - shadow is not flesh and blood but it gets Renly's blood, also it has Stannis's blood in a way

Royal dance - Renly and the shadow have a sort of pas de deux - or else just its the dawn of a great royal battle that involves no Targs

If that's not the answer, it should be! *standing ovation emoticon*

10 hours ago, Castellan said:

I would be happy to have your middle place.

Re shadow's clue

Reveal hidden contents

That is the correct answer.Good guess!

Spoiler

My idea of "royal dance with no dragons" was from "shadows come to dance", and from Renly and Stannis being siblings who fought over the throne, like the ones during the dance with dragons.

Hooray! I thought your comment about Ser being right by accident when he said shadow for the other riddle was a clue, but I couldn't make anything of it until I got got Nymeria howling at the moon out of my head for the third line (I was convinced that was right). I suddenly focused on the fact that there is no 'blue' in the books and just thought that could be wrong, so what Stark could the wolf be and also thought of Brienne for blue moon. I had always thought the first line sounded like the shadow baby and had vaguely correct ideas about the second line. Its funny how your mind drifts around in the right area without you being aware of it.

Farewell knight, farewell father, farewell mother, farewell teacher, farewell brother, farewell child. Farewell lord, farewell king?

Who or what is left?

Spoiler

Perhaps its a what and its Winterfell. Well that doesn't really fit it should be farewell children Bran and Rickon and teachers Luwin and Mordan.

Spoiler

Or it could be Dany. I know neither of these is the correct answer but it feels like I am getting closer.

46 minutes ago, Castellan said:

Who or what is left?

Hide contents

Perhaps its a what and its Winterfell. Well that doesn't really fit it should be farewell children Bran and Rickon and teachers Luwin and Mordan.

Hide contents

Or it could be Dany. I know neither of these is the correct answer but it feels like I am getting closer.

Hide contents

It's neither Winterfell nor Dany. The teacher is mostly Luwin, though, and the child is kind of Bran.

YOMI, me again

Spoiler

So I made up a solution which I think would be elegant but I know is wrong because you said the child was 'mostly Bran'. Given I know it can't be right, I can't be bothered to work it out in full. I thought it might be partly right though.

Selected people who died in ASOIF, in order. The person is described in terms of relationship to the POV of the chapter in which their death occurs. The first person, Knight is Ser Waymar - his status to the brothers with him is as a 'Ser'. Eddard's death is described by Arya, so he is 'Father'. Luwin's is observed by Bran, so he is 'Teacher'. I wasn't sure of mother and for child I thought probably Dany's unborn child.

Anyway it doesn't work but is it correct in any way?

Archived