Watch, Watched, Watching: The Theatrical Release

RedEyedGhost

I really like Lilyhammer, but it's also right up my alley, crime comedy with dark humor. I knew Van Zandt would be great, as he's basically reprising his role as Silvio from The Sopranos,  but a lot of the Norwegian characters are really good too. 

6 hours ago, maarsen said:

I did watch that a while back. It was interesting. Actually it got my wife and I started on Scandinavian tv shows. The Bridge is one we liked also. There is also a Danish show called Rita that was quite interesting.

I may have mentioned it earlier, but I really enjoyed "Occupied" quite a bit as well.

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I really like Lilyhammer, but it's also right up my alley, crime comedy with dark humor. I knew Van Zandt would be great, as he's basically reprising his role as Silvio from The Sopranos,  but a lot of the Norwegian characters are really good too. 

Yeah I needed something to start after Fargo :P

12 hours ago, Nictarion said:

And also, a cameo from Van Zandt's usual boss, The Boss.

5 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I've still never seen the Sopranos lol

When you get to it, you will likely enjoy some very entertaining comic moments that are written into several of the characters. Its Mobster drama, but with some great comedic twist built into the storyline and characters imo.

19 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

It was either this or The Killing, but the Killing has like 20 episodes in its first season and I thought nahhh....better watch all 3 seasons of lilyhammer first for the same amount of eps...i always prefer TV shows to have about 6-10 eps per season. Even good shows. But I will still watch The Killing. The Bridge is on my list too. 

The Danish or American version of The Killing? I've only seen the American version and loved it. One of my favorite series.

30 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Ah, ok. Have you seen Fortitude? That series was quite entertaining and atmospheric.

I watched the first ep and i reaaally liked it and then my nan accidentally deleted the eps i had recorded on sky and i couldnt watch them on catch up tv because i needed to pay extra...and its not on netflx or anything 

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I watched the first ep and i reaaally liked it and then my nan accidentally deleted the eps i had recorded on sky and i couldnt watch them on catch up tv because i needed to pay extra...and its not on netflx or anything 

You should keep an eye out for when season 2 is airing, as chances are they'll show season one again before that. I guess they'll also probably rerun it throughout the year but it's always a pain trying to catch these things

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I've run into that problem a few times after missing a few early episodes of series. It's a pain, but not surprising with the shopping of these shows and rights to services like Netflix and hulu.

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You should keep an eye out for when season 2 is airing, as chances are they'll show season one again before that. I guess they'll also probably rerun it throughout the year but it's always a pain trying to catch these things

Yeh thanks mate will keep an eye out

The first season of The Killing is great but it does feel a little long. The second season has less episodes and this feels better pace-wise. Watch that, and then watch The Bridge. 

I watched The Fountain this week for the second time. I think I must have been absent from my own mind the first time I watched it (I was busy working full time and doing my masters part time) because I don't seem to recall being that moved by it. But it's such a beautiful film with an incredible score, I found it impossible not to have an emotional connection with it. I might even watch it again at the weekend. 

Archived