Watch, Watched, Watching: The Theatrical Release

RedEyedGhost

On 3/26/2016 at 0:39 AM, Davrum said:

I'll probably finish it too, but it's not like it's exerting any pull on me to do so. it almost feels like an obligation since I'm so far in already.

The pilot didn't blow my socks off but had enough to grab me, ep 2 was ok and 3 was very promising, but 4 and 5 were very meh.

Canavale is mostly fun to watch but even he kind of became self-parody by ep 5 for me. There's only so many times you can watch someone do blow before it just becomes tedious - even a wildly charismatic performer like Canavale.

Yeah episode 7 is tonight and I'm just going through the motions watching it. Could also be because GoT starts in 4 weeks lol.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Finished Fargo Season 1. Feeling a bit sad that it's over now :( 

Me too :(Only just realised Once Upon A Time is back so watched the s5 part 2 premier yesterday. 

9 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Also...Banshee in 5 days...Orphan Black in 18 days, and Thrones in 28 days! I love this time of the year for TV :)

And Penny in 35 days!

So excited for all these shows!!

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Nope, UK Netflix only has season one. But I can wait. An apparently there will be a third season too? 

Yes,  season 3 is confirmed. It's also been reported it could have connections to season 1, possibly even bringing back a character. 

Finding myself unexpectedly alone for the entire weekend I've suddenly no idea what to watch. I've managed to miss both Trapped and The Night Manager on iPlayer. 

I tried watching Penny Dreadful last night. Only managed two episodes. It seems too care more about how it looks than anything else. I may try again in the future but I'm not in any hurry to do so. 

Today I spotted that Fear the Walking Dead is on Amazon Prime so I'm catching up with that, having only seen the trailer up til now. Maybe it's because I'm not feeling great but it feels so drawn out that I can't be bothered to give it my full attention. I wish they'd just get on with it. I'm up to ep 5, it sort of looks like it might pick up soon. Fingers crossed.

Yesterday I went to see High Rise. It's fantastic. Incredible score from Clint Mansell, but then I expected no less. The guy is a genius. It's a pretty big cast and there are a lot of good performances but I think my favourite was from Luke Evans. That was a great bit of casting choosing him to play Wilder. It's quite a faithful adaptation. Just a few minor alterations really. The one change I'm not sure about is that it's not really explicitly mentioned why Laing was so keen to move into the tower and what was happening in his life prior to that. I feel like it's not explained in the film. I guess it's not essential to the 'story' though... I mean, it's not really explained why anyone does anything. It's just supposed to be caused by the influence of the architecture. 

1 hour ago, Isis said:

Finding myself unexpectedly alone for the entire weekend I've suddenly no idea what to watch. I've managed to miss both Trapped and The Night Manager on iPlayer. 

If you're in the mood for some more Scandi Drama,check out the Danish series Follow the Money ("Bedrag",original title).

4 episodes are out so far on iPlayer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b072hbbl/follow-the-money-episode-1

Saw Atonement over the weekend.  Thought it was a pretty good film.  Felt very bad for Robbie.  Very similar to Mads Mikkelsen's character in The Hunt.  Why these little kids gotta lie? Joking, but felt terrible for each character.

Got to see Secret in their Eyes.  I was pretty confused throughout the whole film in regards to the time sequence.  Maybe I had a few too many Coronas and couldn't keep up with past or present, but I was generally lost.  I guess I just needed to pay attention to a character's hair or lack thereof; i.e. Dean Norris and Michael Kelly.  Not a bad movie, but nothing I would recommend to anyone.

ETA: Atonement was placed right next to Pride and Prejudice on Netflix.  I was really teetering back and forth between those two.  I'm sure they're completely different but I just related them to mid 2000's Keira Knightley roles.  She was quite the lead actress in that time frame with the Pirates movies.  She's damn good.

13 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Me too :(Only just realised Once Upon A Time is back so watched the s5 part 2 premier yesterday. 

So excited for all these shows!!

I wouldn't get too excited for OB yet, we probably won't get it until September or something again *commences usual grumblings about BBC*

12 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Yes,  season 3 is confirmed. It's also been reported it could have connections to season 1, possibly even bringing back a character. 

Good to know. I think I read that too, is it (spoiler tagging in case

Sioux Falls and Molly's dad? That would be great if so

Watched Noah tonight. I was very unimpressed by it, although there were some fairly nice shots (mostly the stories - the fallen angels, the creation story [really loved that actually] but also some of the landscape shots too). The film just seemed lacking something. 

17 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

If you're in the mood for some more Scandi Drama,check out the Danish series Follow the Money ("Bedrag",original title).

4 episodes are out so far on iPlayer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b072hbbl/follow-the-money-episode-1

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Last night I watched What We Do in the Shadows. I thought it was cute but not absolutely hilarious. A colleague warned me that his friend had almost wet herself laughing while watching it... so I guess it didn't live up to the hype.

This morning I caved in and started watching WWZ on my Kindle but I only got about 30 minutes in before getting bored.

23 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Starting lilyhammer. Is it worth it??? There's so many potential TV shows to watch on Netflix - I wanna get to the best ones. 

It's not a "prestige drama", but I liked it.

I'm watching the new season of Trailer Park Boys. That's right, there's a new season of Trailer Park Boys. Go watch it.

3 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

It's not a "prestige drama", but I liked it.

I'm watching the new season of Trailer Park Boys. That's right, there's a new season of Trailer Park Boys. Go watch it.

Okay cool. Think I'll stick with it for now :D

And I just started season 3 of Trailer Park Boys...this show is hilarious :P i love J-roc and Trevor and Corey 

8 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Okay cool. Think I'll stick with it for now :D

And I just started season 3 of Trailer Park Boys...this show is hilarious :P i love J-roc and Trevor and Corey 

It's all about Randy! 

40 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Starting lilyhammer. Is it worth it??? There's so many potential TV shows to watch on Netflix - I wanna get to the best ones. 

I did watch that a while back. It was interesting. Actually it got my wife and I started on Scandinavian tv shows. The Bridge is one we liked also. There is also a Danish show called Rita that was quite interesting.

It was either this or The Killing, but the Killing has like 20 episodes in its first season and I thought nahhh....better watch all 3 seasons of lilyhammer first for the same amount of eps...i always prefer TV shows to have about 6-10 eps per season. Even good shows. But I will still watch The Killing. The Bridge is on my list too. 

Archived