College Basketball: 2016 NCAA Tournament - Rock Chalk!

RedEyedGhost

In my westeros bracket I picked 'Zona to go on a little run.  Thankfully I did not do that in the one for money!  

I seem to have picked Providence to upset UNC in most of my brackets, even the cash ones.  I'll def. be in trouble if UNC makes the Final Four.

Purdue got me too.  I read a lot of hype about the strength of Purdue pre-tournament.  In some of my brackets I had them defeating Iowa State to get to the Sweet 16.  

I don't think I had Baylor getting past Duke in any of my brackets.  Great talent @ Baylor but they don't tend to play with a lot of heart in my regular season observations of them in 2016.  I thought they'd get past the first round on raw talent / size, but not too shocked to see them get bounced early.

I think Maryland is soft as well.  I didn't pick them for a 1st round upset, but I'm keeping an eye on it.  I'd also keep an eye on Texas for a possible first round exit.  For some reason they have WVU's number, but they've not played well lately.

As for the Mountaineers.  Don't fucking let me down tonight, guys.  At least win the first game.  Everything past that is gravy.  They aren't the most talented team in the field but few teams play harder, would hate to see them have a collective pants shitting tonight.

20 minutes ago, S John said:

I think Maryland is soft as well.  I didn't pick them for a 1st round upset, but I'm keeping an eye on it.  I'd also keep an eye on Texas for a possible first round exit.  For some reason they have WVU's number, but they've not played well lately.

Maryland's resume didn't not impress me at all.  5-5 down the stretch, 8-7 away from home.  I have both them and Cal going down today (Cal looks primed to lose with their assistant coach getting canned and their only senior and starting PG breaking his hand).

ETA: Bad weather in Denver, has lead to an extremely light schedule today, so it looks like I'll be able to duck out early and get full on couch potatoed!

7 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

The concern is that he's almost as old as Perry Ellis looks, but I think he's the kind of guy a top organization makes into a keeper. 

He's only 23.  Did you look up the age of his brother, Gary Payton Jr.? 

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Bleep off, Dayton. Now come on VCU, save my awful bracket.

They're working on it. They need to hit some of these threes. VCU has the unbelievable ability to go completely cold or incredibly hot. It's tough to predict which it'll be. They're 11/16 from 2 and 1/8 from 3. 

7 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

He's only 23.  Did you look up the age of his brother, Gary Payton Jr.? 

No, I meant him. Not a really big deal, but 23's a bit old for a guy with a 2 year resume. I like him, though, don't get me wrong.

Archived