Rant and Rave without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers Part 2

WolfQueenArya

@sweetsunray: Just read your great GRRM quote in your signature. I just want to say that comparing GoT to Saw is an insult to Saw. At least the first one actually was a story first... come to think of it, no, it's right. Saw started great and then only focused on shocks at the expense of the story... so the franchise itself is indeed a fitting comparison. What with GoT season 1 actually being a mostly decent adaptation and everything.

12 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/03/29/season-6-premiere-spoilers-alfie-allen-reveals-what-happens-to-sansa-theon-and-others/

And we’re running through and we come to a river and Sansa is just too scared basically to get into the river. So I get in. Don’t believe the press shots! It looks like she’s trying to get me out of the river, when I’m actually trying to be the strong one and get her in the river. Makes me look weak. Haha.

"Haha" is right. 

I still can't believe this.  I mean I believe it, but seriously.  She's more afraid of the water than of the Boltons?  Empowerment 2.0

Gods be good, this is some awful writing. "Have her lips pulled away from her teeth?" 

Ah, bonding with your lover/brother/worthless babydaddy over what your dead mama looked like every day since she died... ugh. 

Just now, Ruhail said:

Anyone else hate how fast and easily Davos and Mel have jumped on Jon bore's bandwagon?

Jon is Davos kind of guy, what I hate about this is that Davos would slit that bitches throat in a nanosecond, fire visions or not once he knew she had burned Shireen alive and then abandoned Stannis on that one horse that nobody stole.  So, even though it's subtle, its character destroying for him.

Yep, Sansa runs slower than Theon (whose had several toes removed) and is more scared of water than the thought of being recaptured and raped again ("Oh god! Not the bees water!). I guess that empowerment juice doesn't kick in until later.

Just now, LazyBazooka said:

Yep, Sansa runs slower than Theon (whose had several toes removed) and is more scared of water than the thought of being recaptured and raped again ("Oh god! Not the bees water!). I guess that empowerment juice doesn't kick in until later.

It appears that Empowered Sansa depends on whether she's wearing her Empowered Outfits.  She perhaps she will be Stupid Sansa until somebody somewhere in the middle of preparing for an impromtu battle sews her a new outfit with chain mail.  Then, the Empowerment will flow.

4 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

How horrid. They're writing so the actors can "emote."

I woudn't mind if they were showing tension or something between the two, but instead it's just poor Carol being pitiful, sad, and neurotic. Hells, Larry will probably rape her again. 

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Sansa should want revenge against Littlefinger for framing her for Joff's murder, thereby putting a price on her head, then lying to her, lord Royce and tricking her out of the Vale because he secretly, behind her back, pimped her out to the Boltons but no, no, LF will get a pass on this because obviously the show runners want to save that relationship for probably a more intimate scene or two between the them. Sansa is blind to LF on this show and according to the show and its out of scene "explainations", she willingly married Ramsay and was indeed "liking" him until he took what she was willingly going to give him by "rape". She should want revenge upon LF for setting this up and on herself for agreeing to this. She also and more importantly, should have wanted revenge upon the Bolton, all of them for the Red Wedding. Marring their heir, handing them over her name, virginty and committing blood treason to your family's memories is not vengeance, it is capitulation. Sansa or "Fansa", on this show, is a walking, talking CLUSTERFUCK.

Agreed. It's absolutely horrible, what they did.

Also, more criticisms of the storyline they wrote...

12 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Jon is Davos kind of guy, what I hate about this is that Davos would slit that bitches throat in a nanosecond, fire visions or not once he knew she had burned Shireen alive and then abandoned Stannis on that one horse that nobody stole.  So, even though it's subtle, its character destroying for him.

I'll bet you that when he finds out he'll let her live because she bought mr bore back. 

7 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

I woudn't mind if they were showing tension or something between the two, but instead it's just poor Carol being pitiful, sad, and neurotic. Hells, Larry will probably rape her again. 

Well, they have another dead child in a sept this season! Something about that turns Larry on and they do like to repeat shocking scenes and storylines...:wacko:

eta: whether subtly or blatantly, every book character's persona is altered by the show. So of course Davos is going to forget Shireen and Stannis and not question Mel's role in any of it because that happened last season. And we can't have a thoroughly decent and loyal guy ... being loyal and decent because that's not edgy.

2 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

Well, they have another dead child in a sept this season! Something about that turns Larry on and they do like to repeat shocking scenes and storylines...:wacko:

Let me impersonate the HS here : "No".

I hate myself for having the tiniest bit of hope about Jaime in the RL. I'm gonna get burned again

Yep I've decided I'm not watching this season at all. QitN armor wearing Sansa is too much for me. It's just too fanfic. And that Jon/Sansa reunion at the end gives a bad feeling. Also I don't feel like watching Arya get slapped around and do a bunch of pointless action scenes. It might ruin assassins creed for me. 

5 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Let me impersonate the HS here : "No".

I hate myself for having the tiniest bit of hope about Jaime in the RL. I'm gonna get burned again

I really hope that riverlands spoiler isn't true. 

21 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It appears that Empowered Sansa depends on whether she's wearing her Empowered Outfits.  She perhaps she will be Stupid Sansa until somebody somewhere in the middle of preparing for an impromtu battle sews her a new outfit with chain mail.  Then, the Empowerment will flow.

The new dress she is wearing doesn't have cleavage. So she's not nearly as empowered as she might have been.

(Wonder who embroidered the new dress? Obviously someone who doesn't have a leash with a mini Needle, because that other kind of sewing is for "idiot" girls.)

21 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

She also said it's all she can think about. Fansa said the same thing, all she can think about is the virginity that was taken from her that she freely chose to give to the Boltons so they could make an heir and kill her and... DOES IT EVER STOP? THE STOOPID?

Archived