Rant and Rave without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers Part 2

WolfQueenArya

Confirmed. Both Sansa and Davos go to Bear Island, to House Mormont. As to why, I'm not sure. There's some speculation that Davos swears fealty to Lady Sansa and the Mormonts crown her, but that's just rumours, illogical ones. As Show!Sansa once said, the truth is either awful or boring.

I like the music in the abstract as music (particularly love the "Warrior of Light" theme and the music that played over Theon's baptism in season 2 and the instrumental "Rains of Castamere" after the bearpit) BUT because so much of the music become so strongly associated with stories and scenes that I despise, it is quite hard for me to separate out the music and think of it on its own. Like, I really liked the opening credits music but now it's associated with the dreck that invariably follows ;)

I haven't heard any of Ramin Djawadi's other compositions so I don't know if this is true for him as well, but Bear McCreary is so, so, so good at getting the feel of the show into his music: if you didn't know, you'd never guess the music for Battlestar Galactica, The Walking Dead, and Black Sails are by the same guy! (And Outlander too, though I haven't heard it as I don't watch, but I have great faith in Bear :) I'm sure he'll produce some totally appropriate Baroque gavotte for 1740s France!)

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

So House Mormont is replacing Manderly.  I guess viewers would have been too overwhelmed by a new House, even though nobody knows anyone's name or houses except for the main characters.

It's all so wrong.

Well, duh, it's so Tyrion can tell Jorah about the fact that his House swore fealty to Tyrion's ex! I mean, Tyrion knew how Jeor Mormont died despite being nowhere near the scene and having no way of getting that information so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he knows this too. (Though like everyone else including Littlefinger and Roose Bolton, I am sure Tyrion will be shocked to learn that Ramsay is a bad guy!) 

1 minute ago, LadySoftheart said:

Well, duh, it's so Tyrion can tell Jorah about the fact that his House swore fealty to Tyrion's ex! I mean, Tyrion knew how Jeor Mormont died despite being nowhere near the scene and having no way of getting that information so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he knows this too. (Though like everyone else including Littlefinger and Roose Bolton, I am sure Tyrion will be shocked to learn that Ramsay is a bad guy!) 

He'll learn by raven message, no doubt :rolleyes: Aemon's death scene already established that ravens fly from Essos to CB apparently.

Just now, sweetsunray said:

He'll learn by raven message, no doubt :rolleyes: Aemon's death scene already established that ravens fly from Essos to CB apparently.

Perhaps, but they didn't even have that slender thread for the death of Jeor. There was simply NO WAY that anyone who wasn't there could have known how he died and yet Tyrion did know it so he could tell Jorah. (Remember how Sam forgot to send the Ravens off?) That was just one of many totally careless throwaway moments that had nothing to do with budgets and scale and everything to do with sacrificing continuity to make Tyrion look good - he could have known Jeor died but not HOW he died and been sympathetic to Jorah in a more vague way but I guess the answer is that Tyrion drinks wine and knows things. Even things he should not have any way of knowing ;)

1 hour ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Jeebus, that is just...heart-breaking.  That is utter failure in every way on the part of the showrunners.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Dillane says he was just a cog in the machine.

This tells you exactly why GOT contrinues to decline, because they are so invested in the bigger, better, more more more that the ACTORS feel disengaged from the story.

that is fucking pathetic if you ask me.  and yet somehow, GOT still gets praised for it's character development.  laughable

Very much agreed.

From the Wertzone: http://thewertzone.blogspot.de/2016/04/new-trailer-for-game-of-thrones-season-6.html#more

Littlefinger looking confused in a snowy forest. Where is he now? How did he get there? Will we see Littlefinger's personal teleporter this season? What accent will he be using this week? Tune in to Game of Thrones to find out! 

:D

23 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

So trailer 2

first 2 shots: NW having their bows aimed at the building where Davos and Jon's loyal men are hiding with Jon's body & Ghost. They are readying themselves against Thorne and Olly breaking down the door. 

3rd shot: Thormund and wildlings turning around in an icy wildling camp, as if hearing something or listening for it, and his voice saying he thought he was the man to lead us through the Long Night, but I was wrong.

4th shot: dark high tower with a light in the highest chamber against a stormy night sky. Pyke?

5th shot: Tyrion coming down the stairs with a group of Mereeneese men waiting at the foot of it. One man is bald and looks like Varys, but at closer inspection... perhaps he isn't. Sounds like Varys voice-over, but not sure either. "Do you like games little man?" (ETA: It's Ramsay's voice, probably talking to Rickon)

6th shot: Jaime and High Sparrow. Jaime puts his hand around his sword's hilt and the High Sparrow asks, "Would you spill blood in this holy place?" Jaime: "The gods won't mind. They spill more blood than the rest of us combined."

7th shot: Mel looking out into the distance from a terrace at CB

8th shot:  a female hand with a pearl ring resting on the railing across a brazier of fire.

9th shot: Drogon flying overhead the Dothraki slaves

10th shot: BR's cave. Bran tied with a rope/root lying on his back, eyes white and gasping. Voice over Jaquen: "Who are you?"

11th shot: "No one". Waif beating Arya in the face with a stick, and Arya wavering, her blind eyes to the sky.

12th shot: Dany being stripped naked. You don't get to see exactly with whom, but you do see the same brazier of fire of the 8th shot. So the hand of the 8th shot is Dany's and she has her ring back.

13th shot: Jaquen scalping a dead person. Voice over: "A girl has been given a second chance".

14th shot: Blind Arya lifting her head in the hall with the pool, and Jaquen standing in the background. (I think that's the location)

15th shot: Jaquen in the hall too dark to see faces. "There will not be a third".

16th shot: Sansa on a horse, in a black dress outfit with silver direwolf sigil, and black wolf fur cloak. "All I think about is what was taken from me."

ETA: Ramsay pulling his sword, while seated somewhere inside (WF?) with an evil grin and gleaming eyes.

ETA: Sansa looking "decidedly" in front of herself, somewhere inside. You know... she looks "strong". ;)

17th shot: Walder Frey raising his cup with a giant grin and the Freys looking merrily.

18th shot: LF in the snow

19th shot: Jorah's greyscale progressing and conceiling it in some rocky desert location. Jorah voice over: "I know what happens".

20th shot: Margaery visiting Loras in the prison cells. Both looking disshelved and comforting each other.

21st shot: Davos on horse at a military camp, preparing to ride out(?). "There's no hiding from this. We have to fight"

22nd shot: a field with burning crosses and WF in the background.

23rd shot: Varys looking uncomfortable and a red priestess smiling sassily and pitifully all at once, who then goes down the stairs looking determined as if she won her argument and Tyrion and Varys watching her from the top of the throne stairs. Tyrion seems to be dumbstruck, Varys not happy.

24th shot: Euron taking his hood off at Pyke's bridge.

25th shot: Jaime riding through Lannister camp (red tents), with a soldier behind him holding the Lannister bannister and Cersei's voice-over: "You stand at the head of our army where you belong."

26th shot: northman fighting a knight with Targ sigil and getting a sword pushed through his chest.

27th shot: Cersei lifting Tommen's chin and smiling. still voice-over "Show them what the Lannisters are."

28th shot: High Sparrow praying at the altar on his knees. Boots walking in.

29th shot: Cersei on the throne. "What we do to our enemies." (so those three sentences spoken in this scene).

30th shot: shadows fighting against a wall, one with a KG helm. One of HS's men tries to stab Frankengregor in the back, but Gregor looks at him as if it's nothing.

31st shot: Yara and an IB behind her at the Iron Islands.

32nd shot: Jaime in white and gold on a horse on the steps of the Sept, with an army of pikes aimed.

33rd shot: 4 Others on horses, including the NK. Davos voice-ver: "The real war is between the living and the dead."

34th shot: Davos inside some hall. "And make no mistake, the dead are coming." ETA: orange field with what seems to be a bear as sigil hung around the hall. The colors of the Umber sigil in the books (but in S1 the Umbers had red banners with a chain cross), or it's house Mormont with a roaring bear (but wrong colors)

35th shot: rider with a ball of fire attacks a wight

36th shot: NK in front of a wall of a fire

37th shot: a ship in a storm on sea

38th shot: Gilly having her hand on Sam's back. He looks sad.

39th shot: Yara kissing naked Qarla the Dusky Slavemaid on her lap. Other women dancing with waving arms and such. Looks eastern (like belly dances).

40th shot: Max von Sydow looking sad and sour in what seems to be a rocky desert (probably at ToJ). On the rocky slope behind him you see a guy lying on his belly in the same light brown with blue northman attire - dead.

41st shot: Thormund drawing his sword and opening his mouth to shot a war-cry

42nd shot: Horses galloping

43rd shot: Sansa looking up, somewhere inside a hall or building.

44th shot: Arya falling down in the HoBaW, because Waif strikes her at her legs and makes her trip (Dutch: pootje lap). She arches her back and does a reverse salto to get back on her feet.

45th shot: Bolton archers readying their bows and arrows in battle formation and Ramsay looking smug and smiling evil.

46th shot: Horses rushing together.

47th shot: Cersei biting Jaime's ear

48th shot: harpies killing people but looking sideways at something coming.

49th shot: Theon looking broken and emotional, facing someone else (probably Yara)

50th shot: Brienne and Pod at some castle, on a drawbridge with blue and red banner with silver fish, thus at RR... Brienne looks brutish and dismayed (from castle outward). Pod watches her worried.

51st shot: one of HS's men lies on the floor in a pool of blood and Ungregor lifts him by the head. Probably continuation of the shadow-fight scene where one of HS's men attempted to stab Ungregor from behind. People are milled around the fight. So, looks like a trial by combat.

52nd shot: Drogon flying overhead. Shot from the ground, instead from above as before.

53rd shot: a scene with Tyrion, Varys and Missandei sitting and Grey Worm standing at a council meeting. Tyrion: "Dragons do not do well in captivity." Missandei: "How do you know this?". Tyrion: "That's what I do. I drink and I know things."

54th shot: Wildlings versus Boltons... lots of bodies between them, and underneath them. Some guys stand in the background on a mountain of bodies.

55th shot: Pod smiling and then getting taken into a strangle grip from behind by surprise at the Lannister tents at the siege of RR.

56th shot: giant breaking down a door.

57th shot: Meera looking up in surprise or at something (at the giant?) with something or someone tied in bundles at her feet.

58th shot: someone with a bloodied hand moving into a shadow at some sunny city-place (Mereen?)

59th shot: Tyrion with a torch in the dragon den, the sound of a dragon rumbling, and one of the dragons roaring fire as he comes out of the shadows (I so wish)

Paraphrasing Bon Jovi:

Thank you for sparing me, for being my eyes, oh I couldn't see...♪

22 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Tell me about Clegane! Why does he wear the mask!?!

Areo: Well, congratulations. You got yourself caught, now what's the next step of your master plan?

Larry: Crashing this storyline! With no survivors!

6 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I do find his catch that one of the white walkers is carrying a large horn on his back interesting. Maybe the Horn of Joramun? Is the Wall coming down.

Probably not. Dollars to doughnuts, the horn is as much part of the story as Benjengate was last year - a tiny, gnawed, moldering bone to appease book readers. Or else the costume designer thought it was cool. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

I do find his catch that one of the white walkers is carrying a large horn on his back interesting. Maybe the Horn of Joramun? Is the Wall coming down.

I doubt it. I would like the White Walkers to sweep down all the way to King's Landing and further to Essos and kill those sorry excuses for characters,but  D&D still have a contract for two more seasons. They need to do a bit more than having cgi-ed White Walkers with spiky hair fight cgi-ed dragons with spiky backs. 

Though it might make for a better show. :lmao:

So, Apple is apparently jumping on board through Siri (had my coworker ask his iphone and can confirm a couple of these).

"Siri, is Jon Snow dead?"

- I don't know.  I just hope someone is setting up doggie daycare for Ghost.

- I'm not sure.  Has he tried restarting? That always seems to work.

- Well, you know what say to Death... Not today! But why would tomorrow be any better?  Anyway, I'm not exactly sure.

- 'Dead is dead'. Or is it 'What's dead may never die'? No, wait, 'Death is so terribly final'? I give up.

"Siri, do you watch Game of Thrones?"

- Who me?  Siri, First of the Name, Siri Siliconborn of House Apple, Ruler of the Alarms and the Reminders, Guardian of the Calendar Appointments, Keeper of Ontologies, Flipper of Coins.  Yes, I am watching.

2 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Mon hero! Also funny Stannis was executed by Brienne of Tarth (Gwendoline Christie) in the show's fifth season finale - with Dillane joking that he was only disappointed "financially" - All those older actors care more about their co-actors than whatever is happening in the plot

1 hour ago, LadySoftheart said:

I like the music in the abstract as music (particularly love the "Warrior of Light" theme and the music that played over Theon's baptism in season 2 and the instrumental "Rains of Castamere" after the bearpit) BUT because so much of the music become so strongly associated with stories and scenes that I despise, it is quite hard for me to separate out the music and think of it on its own. Like, I really liked the opening credits music but now it's associated with the dreck that invariably follows ;)

I haven't heard any of Ramin Djawadi's other compositions so I don't know if this is true for him as well, but Bear McCreary is so, so, so good at getting the feel of the show into his music: if you didn't know, you'd never guess the music for Battlestar Galactica, The Walking Dead, and Black Sails are by the same guy! (And Outlander too, though I haven't heard it as I don't watch, but I have great faith in Bear :) I'm sure he'll produce some totally appropriate Baroque gavotte for 1740s France!)

Until now (epsiode 6) I am completely adoring the music. And I agree it is better than GoT. I also admit I actually almost started to cry because of the music (when he uses the music of Loch Lomond). He has however a very bid advantage - I am completely in love with Scottish folk music.  

Archived