Will Brienne end ASOIAF a virgin?

forod

4 minutes ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

I meant that, while he was with Ygritte, Jon was all "my father also went through this???!". His father being Rhaegar.

But yeah, Jon is more of a Targ than people believe him to be. Even more than Dany at some points. I'm all for him being the one that completely loses it at the end and goes all Nero on Westeros.

Got it. I was thinking, since we're already deep into the messed up:dunno:

1 hour ago, Marcus Agrippa said:

I think brienne will be preggers with Jaimes child, it keeps with in the whole story of Jaime intact. I don't really care one way or another. The whole Jaime/brieene arc is ending in blood- I am still convinced its Jaimes, but I am not sure.

I read another poster make this comment, and the more I think about it, the more I agree. I see a lot of Lyanna/Rhaegar parallels with these two; Brienne and Lyanna's association of blue things (sapphires/roses), the flower imagery, the Beauty and the Beast themes (but with Lyanna being the Beauty locked in the castle) and the fact that the men are AWOL when the lives of their 'wives' are in the hands of the Mountain.

Also, a Jaime and Brienne lovechild would mirror Jon nicely. A baby born of a 'non-traditional' relationship, secretly a member of a tattered dynasty. Like Jaehaerys II eventually got his Prince Who Was Promised in Jon Targstark, who was of his lineage but not of his legal dynasty, Tywin would have his golden heir in the form of his first-born son's child.

3 minutes ago, Dina of Oldstones said:

I read another poster make this comment, and the more I think about it, the more I agree. I see a lot of Lyanna/Rhaegar parallels with these two; Brienne and Lyanna's association of blue things (sapphires/roses), the flower imagery, the Beauty and the Beast themes (but with Lyanna being the Beauty locked in the castle) and the fact that the men are AWOL when the lives of their 'wives' are in the hands of the Mountain.

Also, a Jaime and Brienne lovechild would mirror Jon nicely. A baby born of a 'non-traditional' relationship, secretly a member of a tattered dynasty. Like Jaehaerys II eventually got his Prince Who Was Promised in Jon Targstark, who was of his lineage but not of his legal dynasty, Tywin would have his golden heir in the form of his first-born son's child.

Fantastic. And wouldn't it be ironic? Tywin would have never approved that, just as he never would have liked the origin of Cersei's children

So his legacy which is what mattered for him, "destroyed" just to be revived with something much more "beautiful", like the father of Tywin was.

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Fantastic. And wouldn't it be ironic? Tywin would have never approved that, just as he never would have liked the origin of Cersei's children

So his legacy which is what mattered for him, "destroyed" just to be revived with something much more "beautiful", like the father of Tywin was.

I doubt he would be thrilled, I reckon Tywin would have tolerated anyone of noble birth if it meant Jaime assuming his place as heir!

41 minutes ago, Dina of Oldstones said:

I doubt he would be thrilled, I reckon Tywin would have tolerated anyone of noble birth if it meant Jaime assuming his place as heir!

No, Tywin had too much pride. Even when trying to find a match for Tyrion, a son he despised, he couldn't bring himself to accept "lower" marriages. For the Golden Son? Not a chance he would approve it

...all the more reason to hope it happens :D 

1 hour ago, Dina of Oldstones said:

The strange thing about the whole Brienne/Jaime/Cersei/Tyrion arc is that any of them could die. Tyrion is that guy would sacfrice himself for Jaime, the whole twin thing "we go out together" is essential. Brienne has enough stacked up against her that she could die at any point. Martin has done well by those four- I am 95 percent sure tyrion makes it, but he hasn't exactly has a clear endgame since he accpeted himself into daenerys service- and could very well be a dragon rider.

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

No, Tywin had too much pride. Even when trying to find a match for Tyrion, a son he despised, he couldn't bring himself to accept "lower" marriages. For the Golden Son? Not a chance he would approve it

...all the more reason to hope it happens :D 

Maybe I'm just biased against Tywin, but I think it's very much his modus operandi to impress on Tyrion the fact that no woman would want or love him - not just punishing Tysha but making Tyrion believe that she was a whore who was only after his gold. So, I'm very suspicious of Tywin's claim that no-one would marry their daughter to Tyrion. I wouldn't be surprised if a reasonable marriage for Tyrion was a step too close to acknowledging him as the heir to Casterley Rock or if the fathers of any prospective brides would have expected such acknowledgement. Bottom line, I'm somewhat sceptical that Tywin actually tried too hard to marry Tyrion off (also would Tywin really want to risk the 'embarrassment' of dwarf grandchildren?).

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

This thread reminds me how much I love Brienne as a character, and also how much I enjoy her chapters (yes, unpopular opinion on that front!)

I hear ya!  I loved Brienne's chapters as well, she's such a great character.  As for Jaime not being romantic towards Brienne?  He said what I found to be one of the most romantic lines in the book to her:

I dreamed of you.

GRRM likes his romances and Bri and Jaime are embroiled in a great one.  If Jaime didn't love Bri, he wouldn't have immediately left with her, alone, when she told him she had found Sansa and lured him away for the BWB.  He dropped everything for her, this means something. 

:wub:

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

This thread reminds me how much I love Brienne as a character, and also how much I enjoy her chapters (yes, unpopular opinion on that front!)

Me too. Some of them had boring parts, but when you are inside her journey, it beocomes like a small adventure between all the political plots in Feast. And it's calm, and relaxing (well, until the end)

Archived