[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

It's borderline insulting the way they treat the books at this point. They have the bare minimum alertness to notice big-ticket moments: "fire and blood", "the north remembers", frey pies... But they take every one of these moments and cut them off completely from the context and buildup that made them work.

Why even put those lines in if they're going to be meaningless? They might as well have a scene that's a slow, 30-second zoom in on Lyanna Mormont, and have her intone into the camera with great gravitas: "may the force be with you."

That would have about as much meaning as what we saw in that last episode.

Although I must admit, I did not see the Pretty Dumb Suicide coming, that was a nice hint.  I always assumed Tommen would die being eaten by a dragon.  Do you guys think blowing up KL and causing the king's suicide will be enough to piss off Larry at Carol, or does he still luuuuuurrrrrvvvve her?

2 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Although I must admit, I did not see the Pretty Dumb Suicide coming, that was a nice hint.  I always assumed Tommen would die being eaten by a dragon.  Do you guys think blowing up KL and causing the king's suicide will be enough to piss off Larry at Carol, or does he still luuuuuurrrrrvvvve her?

his golden hand is itching for some mad  ruler regicide at this point

So what's the cliffhanger to get people to watch S7? 

Who is Jon's father? 

What was Lyanna whispering to Ned?

Where did Arya learn to cook Frey pies undetected? 

When will Yara and Dany bang?

20 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

So how about that dumbass Arya scene? First of all she teleported to not only the Riverlands, but the Twins. No ship sailing intro or anything. I wish we could have got a shot of her sailing away from the Titan of Braavos. And we just have to make assumpsions about so much of her story this season it's really lame.

Second of all, I liked that Wakder Fret died, but I didn't really get any ultimate messages from Arya's story this year. It really seemed so out of nowhere with no foreshadowing at all. I know Arya has to meet her one vicious kill per season quota, but this seemed really out of place. She didn't even kill anyone this season besides the waif. She made friends with Lady Crane and was reminded of her family and home because of the play. I kind of thought we were moving in a good direction with her.

Yeah, that was very empty. Everything was empty. They are rushing so fast now. They went from I'm Arya Stark and I'm going home to... well, after I kill Walder Frey. There's no sense of what's next anymore.

I haven't rewatched it, but did Ned only realize Lyanna was lying in massive pool of blood after talking to her for like two minutes?  And when he did notice it, he called for water?  And where was Jon for the first four minutes of that convo, just waiting quietly offscreen? I'm no expert, but I don't think that baby was ~15 minutes old.   And why were all the handmaidens just standing around twiddling their thumbs?  Does Ned even know about Rhaegar? I don't think he ever got mentioned.

11 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Do you guys think blowing up KL and causing the king's suicide will be enough to piss off Larry at Carol, or does he still luuuuuurrrrrvvvve her?

Benioff said he's terrified of her on the outside the episode.

2 minutes ago, Arrow of the Morning said:

It is a shame they wasted him season after season having him just doing gay sex scenes and nothing more.

:agree: 

I really think they just killed everyone so they could pay for the raises Emilia, Headey, Kit, NCW & Dinklage got.

4 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

:agree: 

I really think they just killed everyone so they could pay for the raises Emilia, Headey, Kit, NCW & Dinklage got.

Got to pay for those sweet dragon scenes too. I'm betting that no more than 2 episodes happen for Dany to get to Westeros.

I also hate that those dumb Northmen told Jon that he "avenged the Red Wedding," when in actuality Arya did that! She even cut Walder Frey's throat deeply like Cat's was cut. Idk maybe it's a connection between them or something. 

Also Jon the "WhiteWolf" seemed corny to me but w/e

I just cannot understand how Cersei became Queen? How is that possible? Why? And the costume is so absurd. Evil sorceress. Should she not have worn the colors of her house? 

12 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I just cannot understand how Cersei became Queen? How is that possible? Why? And the costume is so absurd. Evil sorceress. Should she not have worn the colors of her house? 

It's the rise of queens this season, except for Sansa. No wonder she looked a bit upset at the end.

38 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Messed up book plot imo. In the books, Cersei's mad enough to declare herself Queen. But she could never do that succesfully in KL. fAegon's plot and win will make her burn KL (they can have ashes) and flee for CR. With Jaime missing in the RL and Tyrion too, she's heir to CR. That's where she'll crown herself imo, if she has no child with her at CR.

Frey Pies in the books = subtly implied. 

Frey Pies in the show = directly stated, close up shot of Frey body pieces in pie. 

This in an episode with implied rape and torture as well. One of which, Loras' star, was also shown in bloody close-up. As was Pycelle's death. The showrunners love their gore. 

Archived