[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

41 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Benioff didn't say Sansa wanted to be queen, he said she "doesn't necessarily trust" Jon, because she didn't tell him about LF, there's "definitely a little hint of conflict there," and then he cites the war council where "no one asks her opinion" and says there is "a little bit of anger about that, and a little bit of jealousy." Sounds like they are just using her to stir things up.

I can really understand there being lingering jealousy and anger from that war council where Sandra could have spoken up at any time and shared the incredibly important information she was holding back, but didn't, and when she was asked for her opinion, only could tell Jon that Ramsay is tricksy and admit she knows nothing about battles. Man, I'm surprised she still speaks to him after that.

I guess Sansa's character hadn't been assassinated enough.

If anyone should have lingering anger it should be Jon, who should be angry that Sandra got so many people killed by failure to mention the giant Vale army.  The idea that SHE is angry with HIM, because she sat on her hands and had nothing to add but 'I know nothing about tactics..[yet I wish to be consulted] is typical GOT that gets so much backwards.

42 minutes ago, LadyDoom said:

So basically Jon is up to be betrayed again by "family" except this time is actual real blood family. Sansa is back at being played by LF. I seriously can't. sigh. 

I mean, you see Liam who plays Davos clearly says Sansa might not be that happy about it after stating that Jon deserves to be King. Laying ground work for more conflict. In the other clip, Sophie basically says that Sansa thinks Jon is a dumbass. lol "naive". 

9 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Seriously, they just keep going there. I just read outside the episode comments where they are saying "DIE SANSA DIE" over and over again...

And this what makes their bullshit melodrama frustrating. It's a great gift to Sansa haters. Thanks D & D. Nice. Good job.

17 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Just watched Linda's review.  Frey pies being theft and salt in the big, stabby wounds, "plot holes in Winterfell you could drive Balerion through", and, of course, Doran-theft - SPOT ON, LINDA!  Right with you! :commie:

OMG I just got to the "big, deep, stabby wounds full of salt" line and paused it to come here and say something. LINDA IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL. AND THIS IS FUNNY AS HELL (and awesome, too)! 

9 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

If anyone should have lingering anger it should be Jon, who should be angry that Sandra got so many people killed by failure to mention the giant Vale army.  The idea that SHE is angry with HIM, because she sat on her hands and had nothing to add but 'I know nothing about tactics..[yet I wish to be consulted] is typical GOT that gets so much backwards.

Exactly. Where is the jealousy coming from? I just watched the scene again, they clearly could have chosen to rally behind her had they wanted to, but chose him. Take it like a big girl. She can learn something from him. Like loyalty.

No White Walkers in an episode titled The Winds of Winter? They are the LITERAL WINDS OF WINTER. They should've at least had a damned cameo.

And what was the point of the new red priestess in Meereen? I remember there being all this hype about her before the season started, like she was going to make some important connection between Dany as Azor Ahai and the War for the Dawn, or hell, maybe even cure Jorah of greyscale. But then she was just like "Hey!" and then we never saw her again. What?!

And about the Varys teleportation thing, do you guys not realize that we don't witness every single minute of time that passes in the show? No, he didn't suddenly get from Dorne to Meereen in a day. Obviously there was some span of time that passed for him to sail over there with the Martell and Tyrell ships, but we shouldn't need to see him getting seasick and playing cyvasse for a couple of weeks to get the idea. Shut up about the whole teleportation thing already.

10 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Exactly. Where is the jealousy coming from? I just watched the scene again, they clearly could have chosen to rally behind her had they wanted to, but chose him. Take it like a big girl. She can learn something from him. Like loyalty.

And, um, well, she admitted herself she knows nothing about battle tactics....so I'm not sure what she thinks she has to add to the fight against WW? Just when you thin the show has gotten something back on track, like we can at least move past the hellish Vale army episode and her being a deceitful traitor, they drag it all back down by deciding she's jealous and doesn't trust Jon....it will literally never end these resets, until the show is over, and it will be like a case of musical chairs to see which character personality will be the one they've got at the end.

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

And, um, well, she admitted herself she knows nothing about battle tactics....so I'm not sure what she thinks she has to add to the fight against WW? Just when you thin the show has gotten something back on track, like we can at least move past the hellish Vale army episode and her being a deceitful traitor, they drag it all back down by deciding she's jealous and doesn't trust Jon....it will literally never end these resets, until the show is over, and it will be like a case of musical chairs to see which character personality will be the one they've got at the end.

I know, I thought she was actually redeeming herself by supporting him, until the outside the episodes. One uplifting moment in season after season of PURE HELL, but no... More betrayal. This is like a bad soap, they have no sense of letting a story breathe. And they just keep going to the same bag of tricks, over and over again.

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

LMAO!

I'm going to watch the rest I missed when I fell asleep, it just sounds too "good" not to. Especial interest in Arya's stupid stunt(s) du jour. 

Since I don't watch the Inside stuff... but I can still comment on it... Wouldn't this have been a great opportunity for them to say - "When we told George this [R+L=J, that we looked up on the internet]..." we suckered him into allowing to butcher his books on screen.... mwuah-mwuah-mwuah

13 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

What do you think she meant when she told LF it was "pretty picture"? Do you think they'll have his words fester in her mind and take root over time? Seems to be where D&D are headed. 

When Jon moves on South and makes an alliance with Dany - the prospect of marriage would give Jon the Iron Throne (with a better claim than Dany if he learns of his parentage) it would mean the North/South united. This is LF's dream. He will not make it easy for Jon and will likely use Sansa. What if he fails and can only save himself? He has already implicated one murder on Sansa before. If he's desperate, he might take Sansa down as well. Leaving Jon to make a devastating decision.

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I know, I thought she was actually redeeming herself by supporting him, until the outside the episodes. One uplifting moment in season after season of PURE HELL, but no... More betrayal. This is like a bad soap, they have no sense of letting a story breathe. And they just keep going to the same bag of tricks, over and over again.

Yeah, what's the Hound going to see in her when he finally meets her again?  A traitorous, deceitful Boss.Ass. who lies to her friends and family for no good reason...or, maybe he will get lucky and "good Sansa" will be the dominant personality for that meet up.  LOL.  

7 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

What do you think she meant when she told LF it was "pretty picture"? Do you think they'll have his words fester in her mind and take root over time? Seems to be where D&D are headed. 

I know book Sansa has no intention of ever going back to KL. I'm pretty sure show Sansa doesn't care about the Iron Throne either. And it's hard to say where D & D are headed, given consistency isn't exactly D &D's strong suit. 

7 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

When Jon moves on South and makes an alliance with Dany - the prospect of marriage would give Jon the Iron Throne (with a better claim than Dany if he learns of his parentage) it would mean the North/South united. This is LF's dream. He will not make it easy for Jon and will likely use Sansa. What if he fails and can only save himself? He has already implicated one murder on Sansa before. If he's desperate, he might take Sansa down as well. Leaving Jon to make a devastating decision.

With Dany's all powerful unstoppable army, it would be nonsense for LF to try to fight a Jon/Dany alliance.

18 minutes ago, imaginepageant said:

No White Walkers in an episode titled The Winds of Winter? They are the LITERAL WINDS OF WINTER. They should've at least had a damned cameo.

I'm just wondering what grrm must be thinking. Hopefully this spurs him on to finish Winds before s7.

Archived