[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

32 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I can't get my head around why anyone would consider that the murder of a Prince who was trying to keep his subjects safe from war and two children are somehow positive things, and blows for womens' rights.

Apparently feminism=murder of innocent men.

Also having an old woman, whose son and grandchildren recently died, reluctantly conspiring with Ellaria and joining Dany, is not wise political thinking. It is more like an act of desperation. She had nothing else to do really. 

The biggest irony is that the empowerement of Olenna, Yara and Ellaria depends on the extent of freedom that Dany will offer them.

Isn't it odd that when Robb had to cross with his army the Riverlands Catelyn had to negotiate with Walder?

Apparently Olenna, Yara and Ellaria do not need to waste time talking or even bargaining.

Shouldn't Ellaria demand something? Like I don't know, legitimising Tyene, whom I assume will be the next Princess of Dorne?

Shouldn't Tyrion had advised Dany about the Greyjoys? An ally in the Iron Islands means an enemy in the North. Theon did attack the North and as we know the North remembers.

Shouldn't Ellaria consider the fact that she will join forces with Mad King's daughter, the child of the man who placed Elia in a perilous situation?

7 hours ago, Darkstream said:

How much do you think I'd be willing to bet that you are glad you decided to watch? :lmao: 

I'm sorry you had to endure through that, we should have tried to stop you. :blushing:

:lol:

So true!

7 hours ago, The Wull said:

@kissdbyfire, I'm glad you got to enjoy that as much as we all did :lol:

Words don't do it justice; you have to see it to believe this crap.

True. It was much worse than I thought it would be. 

6 hours ago, rosehustle1 said:

The Mary Sue praised the season's women. Totally let down by them. They couldn't see the faux feminism for what it was. Can't even count on negative critics to avoid the emperor's clothes phenomenon. Really sad that a site that is supposed to be feminist actually thinks Sansa is better now. Her story is literally the gross rape=empowerment trope. Or the fact that women are only strong when they are merciless killing machines that take on the traits of their abusers. Or  when they are destroying the family their lover cared about. Or when they are emotionally abusing their sibling for not getting over four years of extreme torture. There is no hope when even show detractors come back as fawning fan girls.

And last year TMS said they wouldn't cover or promote GoT in any way, "we're done". And now they're praising the show? It's like they're a B&W character with this 180° turn. I'm not reading them ever again, and I think this is actually worse than just blindly praising the show because they actually bought into the faux empowering feminism, just like the show runners wanted. 

8 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

ARGHHHH just saw @The Fattest Leech mentioned Cersei's dress!!! What is that? What are the external metallic shoulder pads? Whaaaat? She's.Cerseinobite

Holy hells! Cerseinobite???  THE BEST thing I've imagined in a long time. Sums it all up perfectly :lmao:

7 hours ago, rosehustle1 said:

The Mary Sue praised the season's women. Totally let down by them. They couldn't see the faux feminism for what it was. Can't even count on negative critics to avoid the emperor's clothes phenomenon. Really sad that a site that is supposed to be feminist actually thinks Sansa is better now. Her story is literally the gross rape=empowerment trope. Or the fact that women are only strong when they are merciless killing machines that take on the traits of their abusers. Or  when they are destroying the family their lover cared about. Or when they are emotionally abusing their sibling for not getting over four years of extreme torture. There is no hope when even show detractors come back as fawning fan girls.

Isn't  the Mary Sue the site that claimed they would never cover GoT again because of Sansa and general negative femaleness and stuff???  :dunno:

Nevermind. I didn't scroll down far enough and see Kissd said the same thing. 

On 28-6-2016 at 5:45 PM, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, it's going to be Good Queen Dany v. Sad Queen Cersei, battle of the Empowered Women.  LOL.  Poor Starks, finally get WF back and still can't get a break from Dan and Dave...sidelined again.

How minutes will Bran get next season? Will it be more than 5? I really think Tyrion his joke scene has more screen time than Bran this season. 

On 28-6-2016 at 10:02 PM, kissdbyfire said:

@Cas Stark, why haven't I seen any Manderly-centric rants from you?  

And can someone tell me what was Manderly's part in the end? 

I started last week already to complain about possible Frey Pies. I want to have my WH scenes with the real Robett and Wyman :crying:. The two Northern Lords who planned actively to put a Stark heir back in Winterfell while at the same time their own family was still in danger. 

Ugh, they destroyed my favorite part of ADWD (the North) and of AFFC (Jaime in the RL).

8 hours ago, Aryya Stark said:

I support you too on the whole Lyanna Mormont thing and everything else. You are definitely not alone! The adults are unable to see things until a little kid points it out...Shame, shame, shame lol.

I am also not really a fan of Lyanna. I miss Aly :crying:

14 hours ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

Conversations Cheryl must have had prior to the finale:

On tailoring.  ~~~snip~~~

This is really funny!  Well done!    :lol:

The spoiler tags are errors and I can't get them to go away!   :frown5:

Spoiler

:lol:

Spoiler

There is no spoiler. 

8 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Tell him I agree with him, this show is too dumb.

And I went ahead and watched ep 10 too, now I'm feeling bored and annoyed. Khaleesi has never deadpanned with such utter deadpanning; her scene with Tyrion where she names him HotQ was awful. Was Tyrion making puppy eyes at her? 

Loved that both Khaleesi and Yarasharion waited for the mandatory Man Nod of Approval TM from Tyrion and Theon before shaking hands - or before shaking forearms. 

Also awesome how the Dothraki found their sea legs so easily and quickly, like they're a seafaring people and no one knew by the way they were all hands on dealing with ropes and sails and whathaveyou instead of being puking horse meat out the side of the ship. 

Why are the unsullied standing in some sort of formation, with helmets and everything right in the middle of the deck? The fuck is that?

The battle sucked. Carnage and blood, but all up close, no wide shots or anything. Shiny and worthless, like a pretty plastic bead. 

Cunningham was excellent (as usual) when he confronted Mel, but no points from me since it came  literally 10 episodes too late. Carice was terrible in all her scenes. Turner was terrible in all her scenes.

Why was Arya, with the different face, flirting with Jaime? WF death was atrocious, horrible, stupid, silly, I HATED it. Show Arya is a deranged psycho, and I love book Arya. 

And something that most will probably disagree with me, but Lyanna Mormont? Bad, really bad, didn't like at all. She reminded me of Super Vicky.

When did Marg had highlights done? Seems Spoonella is good at other things not just hair cuts. I wonder if they got bikini waxes and their nails done too. It helps to pass the time when you're locked in a cell with no food or water.  

Ha.  You may be the only other person who thought Marg Boleyn's hair got a couple shades lighter.  

I thought Carice was okay, Turner was terrible, I agree.  And I agree again that Deadpan exceeded her previous high mark for deadpanning in that scene.  I guess she feels no emotion leaving a man who appears to love her because StrongWomen only have feelings of rage and violence, unless you're a lesbian and then you can want to fuck someone's tits off.  Why did they shake elbows?  What's up with that?  Are they in the Westeros Freemasons?  WTF? 

I'm just sick of Baby Mormont.  Nothing wrong w/the actress but she's all fan service too.  Oh look, a little girl!  And she's sassy!  ? Been there/done that.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Ha.  You may be the only other person who thought Marg Boleyn's hair got a couple shades lighter.  

Now, it is really much lighter. I think I saw it already in the trailer

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Really, they're stripped of any kind of humanity in the Show.  For example, Khal Moro (by Dothraki lights) treated Daenerys decently.  She had no intention of negotiating with him, or the other Khals in good faith, and went into the temple planning to murder them all, and take control of their armies.  Then we get her "motivational" speech, in which she urges the Dothraki to slaughter her enemies.  Then she tells Daario, not just her lover but also someone who's proved very competent and loyal and risked his life for her, essentially to get lost.  Finally, she's bringing a horde to Westeros for the purely selfish goal of conquering one kingdom, when she already has a powerful kingdom in the East.

And not just any horde; this horde is well known for raping, burning, and enslaving entire populations.  There is zero percent chance she'll be able to control them once set loose.  

I picture Dany's invasion of Westeros in the show will look like the Rocky Ridge raid from Blazing Saddles:

Can't wait.

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I thought Carice was okay, Turner was terrible, I agree.  And I agree again that Deadpan exceeded her previous high mark for deadpanning in that scene.  I guess she feels no emotion leaving a man who appears to love her because StrongWomen only have feelings of rage and violence, unless you're a lesbian and then you can want to fuck someone's tits off.  Why did they shake elbows?  What's up with that?  Are they in the Westeros Freemasons?  WTF? 

I'm just sick of Baby Mormont.  Nothing wrong w/the actress but she's all fan service too.  Oh look, a little girl!  And she's sassy!  ? Been there/done that.

Yeah, I thought Marg's hair was a few shades lighter, like before her wig was a dark brown dead squirrel and now it's a dirty blonde dead squirrel. 

The KitN scene was awful, really. I won't even rant about Brad at all, and I will never EVER call him Manderly. 

The shaking elbows was stupid, but both waiting for the Man Nod of Approval TM was even worse.

9 minutes ago, The Wull said:

And not just any horde; this horde is well known for raping, burning, and enslaving entire populations.  There is zero percent chance she'll be able to control them once set loose.  

I picture Dany's invasion of Westeros in the show will look like the Rocky Ridge raid from Blazing Saddles:

Can't wait.

I want to see (not really, but whatever) how Khaleesi will deal with the Seafaring Dothraki once they arrive. I mean, she told Yarasharion "no more reaving and raping", right? Did she inform the hundred thousand Dothraki that they're to be on their best behaviour once they land? Or is the raping and pillaging off limits to the iron born but not the Dothraki? 

9 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I want to see (not really, but whatever) how Khaleesi will deal with the Seafaring Dothraki once they arrive. I mean, she told Yarasharion "no more reaving and raping", right? Did she inform the hundred thousand Dothraki that they're to be on their best behaviour once they land? Or is the raping and pillaging off limits to the iron born but not the Dothraki? 

I can't see how it would matter what she tells them.  This is like hiring a violent ex-con as a bouncer and then acting surprised when he stomps someone to death.  If they act violently in Westeros, Dany should be held 100% responsible - she knows better than anyone else their culture, and how they act when their blood is roused (similar to Tywin's use of the Mountain).  I'm sure they'll act like perfect angels though, because reasons.  

Turner is seemingly getting worse as time goes by, shame because she was (is?) very talented when she first hit the show. Then again, you're not doing a young actress any favours by reducing the acting range down to what amounts to showing cue cards behind the camera; "No show us smug, great! Now..confused...good! Now, smug again - awesome good job! And for this shot give us angry. Perfect it's a wrap!"

It's not just her though. Dinklage, NCW, Hill and Heady have all lost so much range over the seasons, now they are just showing their 'phoning it in'-face.

Shallow characters eventually make for shallow acting sadly.

3 minutes ago, The Wull said:

I can't see how it would matter what she tells them.  This is like hiring a violent ex-con as a bouncer and then acting surprised when he stomps someone to death.  If they act violently in Westeros, Dany should be held 100% responsible - she knows better than anyone else their culture, and how they act when their blood is roused.  I'm sure they'll act like perfect angels though, because reasons.  

I agree. But it but bugs me no end, b/c it's just more of their half-assed lazy writing. We should feel sympathetic towards Khaleesi, so she says "no more" to the iron born, but no one talks about what will happen when 100,000 Dothraki land on Westeros. 

Also, my mum told me the scene with the armada of doom at the end was exactly like a scene from Troy. I told her I don't know, I didn't watch Troy but explained to her that Benioff wrote the movie. She said, "ah I see. What a horrible movie that was, almost as bad as this show". :lol:

So I'm back from the (Italian) beach and wow :blink:: I though I/we was/were kidding with the Olenna & Ellaria thing when I went away but ...They are really going with Dany's Westerosi reinforcement being two major houses that don't exist anymore. Just a sassy (sad) old lady (who is only a Tyrell by marriage) and a few Dornish bastards (who are Martells not even in that way) who have armys/ships for some reason. But then she also has St. Tyrion and cute revenge eunuch Varys* on her side so Dragonqueen is set.

Also why the fuck did Margaery commit (Tyrell) suicide for a brother that was a hopeless case anyway? Loras told her he wanted it to stop. Marg sensed that Cersei would blow shit up, warns grandma to fuck off but not her doofus father and is also too stupid to get her own ass out of town just to die with show!Loras? Really?

Tommen jumping (more like leaning) out of that window reminds me of that It-Crowd boss doing the same except that show was actually a comedy.

And holy moly are they really going the Jon/Sansa route? (I just saw some stills of the two, but yeah there is something going on there) That's actually somewhat bold then.

*What the godamn fuck? How can you give the cool/terrifying Varys stuff from the ADWD epilogue to basement dweller Qyburn?

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I agree. But it but bugs me no end, b/c it's just more of their half-assed lazy writing. We should feel sympathetic towards Khaleesi, so she says "no more" to the iron born, but no one talks about what will happen when 100,000 Dothraki land on Westeros. 

For the show, they will behave for their Dany. they cannot make her look bad but why leave Daario behind? She does not need to marry to make allies, she has an unstoppable force. In the books, the Dothraki will be a problem.

17 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

For the show, they will behave for their Dany. they cannot make her look bad but why leave Daario behind? She does not need to marry to make allies, she has an unstoppable force. In the books, the Dothraki will be a problem.

Because Women On Top can't have sexual desire. Now she's seen the error of her ways. She will be a Sexual Manipulator. It's either that, or Badass or Rape Victim.

But no desires. Love stories are always cut. Unless it's Robb and Talisa, in which case, go to town. Even the love stories they keep, turn cheesy and stupid, like Jon and Ygritte.

25 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Remember last year’s “Break The Wheel” speech.

Now this season Dany confirms Yara as the ruler of the Iron Born. It appears Dany will not be bringing social democracy to Westeros anytime soon. Not that I’d expect her too. I don't expect her not to stop believing in aristocratic privilege to some extent. 

But, like seriously, can the rhetoric match the reality? After all, Dany herself, says she is not a politician. So why the empty meaningless bullshit?

Ah GoT is the gift that keeps on giving. Just remembered something else... So, a white raven arrived or was seen or mentioned or something, right? (Btw, were those white ravens at the Citadel? Looked weird but I couldn't be bothered to rewind and double check) But we'd already seen a white raven heralding the changing season back in KL YEARS ago. I think it was back in s 2? 

11 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Remember last year’s “Break The Wheel” speech.

Now this season Dany confirms Yara as the ruler of the Iron Born. It appears Dany will not be bringing social democracy to Westeros anytime soon. Not that I’d expect her too. I don't expect her not to stop believing in aristocratic privilege to some extent. 

But, like seriously, can the rhetoric match the reality? After all, Dany herself, says she is not a politician. So why the empty meaningless bullshit?

It's like are lagging the stories at various points. She gives the political marriage a try with Hizzy, and hates it. That's a big part of her last chapter in ADWD, she's fighting her nature by doing that. She has to do it her way.

Archived