US Elections: CTRL ALT-RIGHT DELETE

all swedes are racist

21 minutes ago, NestorMakhnosLovechild said:

Well, I think I've stated my position pretty clearly, but I'll quote from myself below. 

Ah, I see. When you said   

I actually think she's correct, and convincingly so.

You meant that she was wrong, and instead of doing a 'general retard' as she said he was doing he was doing something else. Apologies for the confusion; I was clearly misreading when you said 'she's correct' as thinking you thought she was correct, when in reality you thought she was wrong.

4 hours ago, NestorMakhnosLovechild said:

It saddens me that you have such a low opinion of our fellow boarders! I came in here with complete confidence, sadly now shaken just a bit, that the other boarders would not, for even one second, make the mistake of conflating the messenger with the message. I maintained the utmost confidence in their ability to separate the quality of the argument - I think quite strong - from the qualities of the arguer (quite terrible - Ann Coulter that is, not me. I assume that everyone recognizes that I, in Socratic terms, am made of gold.) 

Nestor, Nestor, Nestor.  You are totally mistaken.  We are not dissing you.  We often talk about all messengers of news Trumpian as those who are "splitting hairs, and manufacturing outrage in service of the appearance of getting oppressed while pressing their bootheel on the downtrodden".  I'm surprised you can't see that nuance here.  It's just how we talk about messengers.  It is known more generally as "Unsplain Nestor".  Again though, that naming is 100% coincidental.  Other boards that you like talk that way to people who try to gaslight them, or shame them for not swallowing the same line of hokum; but you don't go there and tell them off.

See, it not you we are calling a hair splitting neckbeard - doing a semantic dance to defend a man who mocks the disabled for being disabled.  Not at all.  Just the other day I use somewhat similar terminology to describe a driver who cut me off.  So obviously, why I say these words in these context they mean nothing - and surely nothing about you.  Why do you think it is directed at you?  

Would it help if we got Anne Coulter to tell you what to think about what was said these past few pages?

Well well well, it sounds like the President of Mexico was telling the truth:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-mexico-trip-was-weeks-in-the-making-1472779067

But Mr. Peña Nieto surprised Mr. Trump when he stated flatly that his country wouldn’t pay for the wall. Immediately, Mr. Giuliani responded for Mr. Trump, “That’s off the table.” With that, Mr. Trump moved to another topic.

It also appears that the reason why Trump's speech was so angry was because of Pena Nieto's tweet:

Just after landing, though, Mr. Trump discovered that Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto had tweeted that he had told the Republican presidential nominee during their private meeting earlier that day that his country would refuse to pay for the wall.

Mr. Trump was peeved that Mr. Peña Nieto had gone public with the fact that the Mexican president had broken what Mr. Trump considered a deal to keep the question of paying for the wall off the table at their initial meeting.

So Mr. Trump hurriedly inserted a new sentence in his immigration speech, and he soon boomed out from the podium his traditional declaration that the wall would be paid for by Mexico—adding, “They don’t know it yet but they’re going to pay for the wall.

Trump is a coward and a fraud, full stop. 

The founder of Latinos for Trump, who is comfortable enough with the taste of his own asshole to keep supporting Trump, would like to warn you about the dangers of his own culture:

"My culture is a dominant culture, and it’s imposing and it’s causing problems,” Marco Gutierrez said in an interview on MSNBC. “If you don’t do something about it, you’re gonna have taco trucks [on] every corner.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/top-latino-trump-surrogate-warns-taco-truck-every-corner

I dunno folks -- "A taco truck on every corner" sounds pretty nice to me. Better than a chicken in every pot. 

I wonder what he has against taco trucks, and what he thought of Trump's posing on May 5 with a taco bowl. Maybe the walled shape makes the taco bowl more acceptable?

18 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

The founder of Latinos for Trump, who is comfortable enough with the taste of his own asshole to keep supporting Trump, would like to warn you about the dangers of his own culture:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/top-latino-trump-surrogate-warns-taco-truck-every-corner

I dunno folks -- "A taco truck on every corner" sounds pretty nice to me. Better than a chicken in every pot. 

I wonder what he has against taco trucks, and what he thought of Trump's posing on May 5 with a taco bowl. Maybe the walled shape makes the taco bowl more acceptable?

Oh man. I would gain so much weight if I had such easy access to tacos. 

9 minutes ago, Fez said:

Oh man. I would gain so much weight if I had such easy access to tacos. 

We are so grateful we have to travel at least 25 minutes to the nearest Mexican food, or we'd be eating it everyday and weigh a ton. (we make it home at least twice a week, but it's not the same, nor as easy)

But man, I would love a taco truck in my neighborhood.  :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

We are so grateful we have to travel at least 25 minutes to the nearest Mexican food, or we'd be eating it everyday and weigh a ton. (we make it home at least twice a week, but it's not the same, nor as easy)

But man, I would love a taco truck in my neighborhood.  :lol: 

I think Hillary Clinton needs to capitalize on the Silent Taco-Craving Majority.

8 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I think Hillary Clinton needs to capitalize on the Silent Taco-Craving Majority.

But what if Trump starts campaigning on the message of Make Tacos Available Again? 

ETA:

Damn, now I really want a taco. 

Trump has no well thought out policy positions, his views are largely dependent on the last person he interacted with. Someone even mentioned this somewhere on social media.

It never ceases to baffle me then that this clown has 35-40% of the electorate voting for him. I mean, I know polarization is bad in this country, but you cant even draw a Venn diagram between his policies and his supporters views, since the former is ever changing, and sometimes pretty dramatically. What exactly are his supporters going for, if not some ideal of an authoritarian figure who will make things right?

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Plus a lot of Trump's supporters basically view him as a blank canvas that they can project whatever they want to believe on. 

Yeah, when he goes back and forth on immigration, some people think that means he's actually being a moderate and was only talking about the Wall to placate the plebs, while other think that he's just trying to placate the moderates and get the liberal media off his back, and he really wants to genocide the Mexicans.

18 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

That's just what he wants you to think because of the media!

Looks like someone has found her sunglasses.

18 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

Yeah, when he goes back and forth on immigration, some people think that means he's actually being a moderate and was only talking about the Wall to placate the plebs, while other think that he's just trying to placate the moderates and get the liberal media off his back, and he really wants to genocide the Mexicans.

It's more than just that. There's also the Altheirons of the world who just don't care what he says because they believe he's just playing to the crowd and won't actually do the bad things he says. 

It is also a lot easier to support Trump when you think facts are often misrepresented and you live in a world of different facts. See LePage for instance - I think he does genuinely believe those "facts" he cited. To him, that is the reality that he lives in. When you're so dissociated from reality, you're going to fall easy prey to manipulative narratives.

37 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's more than just that. There's also the Altheirons of the world who just don't care what he says because they believe he's just playing to the crowd and won't actually do the bad things he says.

He's undoubtedly just playing to the crowd and cannot do many of the things he says. Do you think that there is any chance of him building a wall on the southern border and having Mexico pay for it?

Archived