NFL Offseason: your team's opportunity to overpay for mediocrity

DanteGabriel

Just now, Swordfish said:

Cool.  Thanks.  I think they didn't really have much choice on this one....  

Yeah he was going to get paid one way or another, might as well be here. I'm sure it helps keep Ben happy too knowing AB will be around through the rest of his time as the QB.

For Polian to come out and make those statements just shows how out of touch some people are. IMO, there is no universe the Moss and Owens are not HOF's in. There are people in the HOF who had multiple arrests, drugs, prositutes etc and yet, these two aren't good enough? Yeah their attitudes sometimes sucked but it's supposed to be judged for on the field actions. 

19 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If only they had the character of the WR Bill Polian drafted who may have murdered a dude.

Also Tywin, apologize!

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's nice that the commander of the Suck for Luck tank wants everyone on his team to give maximum effort.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

For Polian to come out and make those statements just shows how out of touch some people are. IMO, there is no universe the Moss and Owens are not HOF's in. There are people in the HOF who had multiple arrests, drugs, prositutes etc and yet, these two aren't good enough? Yeah their attitudes sometimes sucked but it's supposed to be judged for on the field actions. 

Having a bad attittude on the field and in the locker room is football related, so it's not about arrests or drugs, it's about both guys being perceived as not always puttting forth effort on the field and causing problems in the locker room.  But for my money, I would vote Moss in and keep TO out.  I admit to having bias against TO as a bigger brat and baby than Moss.

So this offseason is pretty boring for a Colts fan. There's not much available for the team to spend the oodles of cap space on where the needs are. Dont'a Hightower would be a welcome addition, and Calais Campbell would at least lessen the bleeding in the middle of the defense, but there aren't any pass rushers besides Melvin Ingram and I've grown wary of overpaying for mediocre edge rushers in FA. 

Could be for the best though, Grigson always brought expectations for spending but the players he targeted always fucking sucked for a lot of money.

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Having a bad attittude on the field and in the locker room is football related, so it's not about arrests or drugs, it's about both guys being perceived as not always puttting forth effort on the field and causing problems in the locker room.  But for my money, I would vote Moss in and keep TO out.  I admit to having bias against TO as a bigger brat and baby than Moss.

TO was not an effort issue. That's the thing about him; unlike Moss, TO between the lines played the way you'd want anyone to play. Blocked hard, went over the middle with abandon, took big shots and kept on trucking. His issues are all about his fragile/troubled personality off the field, and his seemingly childish need for attention. 

Moss on the other hand would often refuse to go over the middle, give up on plays not going to him and blocked like a wet rag doll. Much more cliched diva wr. Because TO is a controversial WO he gets lumped into the cliches the are just not relevant to him, often glaringly contrary to the reality.

9 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

So, big news. AP and Charles cut loose, Berry signed and Cousins tagged (thank God).

He's tagged but he could still be traded and Cousins' preferred destination is the 49ers

Which, I get missing Kyle Shanahan, but good luck going for a team with Jordan Reed, D-Jax, Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder to one that was headlined last year by Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton. Seems like one of those "careful what you wish for" things. 

Just now, Jaime L said:

He's tagged but he could still be traded and Cousins' preferred destination is the 49ers

Which, I get missing Kyle Shanahan, but good luck going for a team with Jordan Reed, D-Jax, Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder to one that was headlined last year by Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton. Seems like one of those "careful what you wish for" things. 

Yeah, even if I was sold on Manson Eyes I just don't think the Niners are the when and where to make sense of it. 

Pats didn't tag Hightower, so I hope that they do with him what they did with McCourty a couple years ago: let him test the market and then extend him with a solid contract near full market value. There should be space for it.

19 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

A lot of those are awesome...Big Ben's a stretch, unless we're talking about his inner bogan.

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Fuck, but those are great. I'd pay good money to see that flick.

I like the subtle shade of Seth Green as Carson Wentz and Napoleon Dynamite as Andrew Luck. 

Atticus Shaffer as Johnny College Football though seems reasonable. 

Archived