NFL Offseason: your team's opportunity to overpay for mediocrity

DanteGabriel

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Told you so......

Link don't work, but, says the Skins, Cowboys and Nines are exploring 3-way trade for Cousins and Romo.

A end of the road Romo is who the Skins would rather have, SMFH.

what don't the skins like about Cousins? Is it because he was from the prior regime or do they see something we are not? I'm not a skins fan but I know the dude is one of the most accurate passers in the league.

1 minute ago, Westerosi Coast Gangster said:

what don't the skins like about Cousins? Is it because he was from the prior regime or do they see something we are not? I'm not a skins fan but I know the dude is one of the most accurate passers in the league.

I've heard that there is some infighting. I don't know the extent of it and most seem to be rumors. I have heard that Cousins would play under the tag for a year, but would probably bolt after that. This all comes from sports radio, so I don't know the validity of it. Something sure isn't right, though.

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Told you so......

Link don't work, but, says the Skins, Cowboys and Nines are exploring 3-way trade for Cousins and Romo.

A end of the road Romo is who the Skins would rather have, SMFH.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. 

4 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

But what about Anquan Boldin, whose numbers are similar to Ward's?

The only thing that Ward will have in his favor with Boldin is it will be at least 6 years before he'll be eligible to jump Ward in line.

Someone upthread mentioned that you have to compare Ward with TO and Moss because they are all eligible, and I think the one thing that gets overlooked when comparing Ward's numbers with guys like that or Bruce and Holt is that those guys were in big time passing offenses for a lot of their careers, whereas the Steelers were pretty much a run-first offense until the last few years of Wards'. Just my take on it though. Regardless, he's still a borderline HOF'er, but those are the type of players that will continue to get in as time goes on and the NFL wants 6-7 guys going into the Hall every year when 3-4 are truly worthy.

And getting 3 1,000 yard seasons when Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox are throwing the ball should count for something :D

22 hours ago, Westerosi Coast Gangster said:

kid from Washington broke the 40 record time at the combine. WR Ross, 4.2. that's stupid fast. he was wearing nikes, if he was wearing adidas he would have won an island apparently. 

Yeah I don't understand why he wasn't wearing those cheetah Addidas shoes unless he already signed a contract with Nike. He could have had a million dollars, or the island!

So, Jerry Jones said he'said had no talks about moving Romo. Seriously, it's hard for me to see him trading him to the Skins. I just wish the Skins would go ahead and pay Cousins the money he deserves and we have a decent QB for 4-5 years. And, focus on resigning Jackson and Garcon and a depleted defense. We are a few good Defensive players away from being legit. I seen in a mock draft that we might take Darvin Cook and I would love that. Then use the rest of the picks on D. I don't want Romo, I know that. I think he might have a few years left, but we already did this with McNabb. 

21 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

So, Jerry Jones said he'said had no talks about moving Romo. Seriously, it's hard for me to see him trading him to the Skins. I just wish the Skins would go ahead and pay Cousins the money he deserves and we have a decent QB for 4-5 years. And, focus on resigning Jackson and Garcon and a depleted defense. We are a few good Defensive players away from being legit. I seen in a mock draft that we might take Darvin Cook and I would love that. Then use the rest of the picks on D. I don't want Romo, I know that. I think he might have a few years left, but we already did this with McNabb. 

You know why you think all those things? Because you're not a crazy person.

Who looks at last year's very good, extremely talented offense and is like "Fuck it, let's blow it all up"? That's an actual question because I have no idea who is making decisions in Ashburn. 

But yes, let's throw it all away for a shot at our biggest rival's 36 year old QB who hasn't played a full season since 2014. Did they bring in Vivek Ranadive as an outside consultant? WTF is going on? 

18 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

You know why you think all those things? Because you're not a crazy person.

Who looks at last year's very good, extremely talented offense and is like "Fuck it, let's blow it all up"? That's an actual question because I have no idea who is making decisions in Ashburn. 

But yes, let's throw it all away for a shot at our biggest rival's 36 year old QB who hasn't played a full season since 2014. Did they bring in Vivek Ranadive as an outside consultant? WTF is going on? 

Maybe we could bring in Colin Kaepernick and RG3 too!  We'll have the best quarterbacks that 2012 can offer! 

Don't you remember what a stunning success it was in 2010 when we had the best running backs 2006 all on one team.  Yes, Larry Johnson, "Fast" Willie Parker and Clinton Portis led the Redskins "three headed monster" to over 200 preseason yards. 

Maybe that what went wrong in 2010?  Trading for Donovan McNabb would have made sense if we'd only had two other washed up quarterbacks to help him!  If only we'd listened to Vinny Cerrato!

Don't know why, but I always love watching the combine. Garrett's performance was incredible, even though I think interior linemen have higher positional value, Garrett is enough of a freak that I'd take him #1 overall if I don't believe in the QBs.  Speaking of which, both QBs had great measurements. Trubisky is physically very similar to Aaron Rodgers.

11 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Maybe we could bring in Colin Kaepernick and RG3 too!  We'll have the best quarterbacks that 2012 can offer! 

Don't you remember what a stunning success it was in 2010 when we had the best running backs 2006 all on one team.  Yes, Larry Johnson, "Fast" Willie Parker and Clinton Portis led the Redskins "three headed monster" to over 200 preseason yards. 

Maybe that what went wrong in 2010?  Trading for Donovan McNabb would have made sense if we'd only had two other washed up quarterbacks to help him!  If only we'd listened to Vinny Cerrato!

Jesus. If Danny Snyder is a GOT fan that reads this board, you probably just earned yourself a job at Redskin Park with that post. 

7 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Jesus. If Danny Snyder is a GOT fan that reads this board, you probably just earned yourself a job at Redskin Park with that post. 

If the Redskins were run by a rotating committee of the various members of this thread, do you really think things would be much worse?

13 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

If the Redskins were run by a rotating committee of the various members of this thread, do you really think things would be much worse?

If they run McCloughlan out of town, I say we suggest it. Still would beat Bruce Allen. 

Archived