[Poll] How would you rate episode 706?

Ran

How would you rate episode 706?  

371 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

1 minute ago, The Knight of Flours said:

7/10 - my lowest rating this season and probably equal lowest-ever.

Too much annoyed me about this ep (dialogue, Arya, teleporting, a shedload of unlikely last-minute saves, those chains magically appearing out of nowhere) to give anything higher.

One of the very first sounds this season was the chains carried by the NK clinking.

Deus ex machina ... but maybe intentional: the NK could foresee he would need the chains, just as there was the air of inevitability about the way he took down Viserion with the javelin.

I think I'm too irritated to vote. 

Right now I would vote this the lowest episode ever. Maybe after my foul mood has passed I will reconsider. 

This episode was full of BS. 

The whole idea of going to capture a wight to bring to Cersei is idiotic but I tried to let that go & enjoy the show. 

Things I didn't like: 

The whole WF plot. What even is going on here?! Are Sansa & Arya the dumbest people on the planet? Sansa knows exactly what LF is capable of but all the sudden is confiding in him? She asks Arya how she got the letter but when Arya doesn't answer that's it? No more thought is given to where it came from? It would take very little thought for Sansa to figure out it came from LF. And I understand Arya being angry but after everything the both of them have been through they can't even have a normal conversation? Is Sansa trying to get Brienne killed?! Stupid. & where in the hell is Bran?! He can't spew some of that omnipotent knowledge to save his sisters? Ugh. It honestly just left me confused. Why didn't Sansa just say fuck Cersei? She doesnt have to answer her invitation. & why did Arya give her the knife? Hopefully D&D have a masterful plan going on here & I will have to eat my words. 

I'm over worrying about the teleporting so I'll leave that be but the whole beyond the wall scene was stupid too. A big, giant, undead bear attacks them, chews on Thoros' intestines for a few minutes while the Hound stares & everyone else does nothing until Jorah runs up & stabs it with a little tiny knife & *poof* it's dead & a little whiskey & fire & Thoros is up walking again?! No way. Why couldn't the others just swim through the water? Why are they too stupid to know they are getting hit in the face with rocks but smart enough to realize the water has refrozen? Maybe the NK was controlling them then I guess? Jon in subzero water for minutes not only survives but then rides a horse, while wet, clear back to the wall. Impossible. Also Dany & co had already left Jon for dead we didn't need another left for dead scene with Jon & Benjen. Then Dany is soooo worried about Jon after she left him that she almost can't bear to leave the wall BUT doesn't think to go look for him? Fly around & look if u think he may still be alive? 

Why in the world would Dany make Tyrion her hand if she always thinks he is choosing his families side? What is the purpose of a hand if no one listens to them or weighs their advice?

Where the eff is Ghost?! He is bound to Jon & hasn't even been mentioned since last season iirc. 

Things I liked:

Not much. Some of the dialogue from the A-team beyond the wall - not because it helps the plot or because it was written well, mostly because some of it was funny & I enjoy the actors. 

Dany & Jon at the end. Emilia does much better showing emotion & sensitivity than being demanding/commanding. 

The Ice dragon: I guess I liked it. I want to be excited about it but I'm so frustrated over the rest of the episode I just can't be. 

Bad... really bad.. absolutely no sense in the winterfell plot, and "fast and furious hollywood" beyond the wall. Everything that GoT WAS NOT ABOUT during the first 5 seasons...

score: 3 (and 3 was just because the visuals otherwise would be zero. My favorite show of all time fell to the level of the "sweetest thing" "Gilgli" "Godzilla" and "Scorpion King"

11 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I think I'm too irritated to vote. 

Right now I would vote this the lowest episode ever. Maybe after my foul mood has passed I will reconsider. 

This episode was full of BS. 

The whole idea of going to capture a wight to bring to Cersei is idiotic but I tried to let that go & enjoy the show. 

Things I didn't like: 

The whole WF plot. What even is going on here?! Are Sansa & Arya the dumbest people on the planet? Sansa knows exactly what LF is capable of but all the sudden is confiding in him? She asks Arya how she got the letter but when Arya doesn't answer that's it? No more thought is given to where it came from? It would take very little thought for Sansa to figure out it came from LF. And I understand Arya being angry but after everything the both of them have been through they can't even have a normal conversation? Is Sansa trying to get Brienne killed?! Stupid. & where in the hell is Bran?! He can't spew some of that omnipotent knowledge to save his sisters? Ugh. It honestly just left me confused. Why didn't Sansa just say fuck Cersei? She doesnt have to answer her invitation. & why did Arya give her the knife? Hopefully D&D have a masterful plan going on here & I will have to eat my words. 

I'm over worrying about the teleporting so I'll leave that be but the whole beyond the wall scene was stupid too. A big, giant, undead bear attacks them, chews on Thoros' intestines for a few minutes while the Hound stares & everyone else does nothing until Jorah runs up & stabs it with a little tiny knife & *poof* it's dead & a little whiskey & fire & Thoros is up walking again?! No way. Why couldn't the others just swim through the water? Why are they too stupid to know they are getting hit in the face with rocks but smart enough to realize the water has refrozen? Maybe the NK was controlling them then I guess? Jon in subzero water for minutes not only survives but then rides a horse, while wet, clear back to the wall. Impossible. Also Dany & co had already left Jon for dead we didn't need another left for dead scene with Jon & Benjen. Then Dany is soooo worried about Jon after she left him that she almost can't bear to leave the wall BUT doesn't think to go look for him? Fly around & look if u think he may still be alive? 

Why in the world would Dany make Tyrion her hand if she always thinks he is choosing his families side? What is the purpose of a hand if no one listens to them or weighs their advice?

Where the eff is Ghost?! He is bound to Jon & hasn't even been mentioned since last season iirc. 

Things I liked:

Not much. Some of the dialogue from the A-team beyond the wall - not because it helps the plot or because it was written well, mostly because some of it was funny & I enjoy the actors. 

Dany & Jon at the end. Emilia does much better showing emotion & sensitivity than being demanding/commanding. 

The Ice dragon: I guess I liked it. I want to be excited about it but I'm so frustrated over the rest of the episode I just can't be. 

Hey, thanks for typing all that!

You saved me the trouble.

HARR!!!

I always start my rating at 0 and show has to earn its points.

This episode is imo based on outrageous plot decisions: wight hunt for Cersei + prolonging LF's life until the end of the season more like + ridiculous teleporting.

Dany + Tyrion scene in map room was long and boring, and where was Varys and Missandei. 0 points, enough said.

M7 Beyond the Wall: the convos on the way over were good and entertaining. They seeded and referenced loads of meta-stuff, both Sandor and Gendry. 1 point.

Polar bear: good characterization, brutal, with Thoros being mauled and Sandor freezing over the burning polar bear. And several redshirts died. 1 point.

Wight capture: I liked this one a lot. 1 point.

Gendry running for raven (wtf didn't Jon think of bringing ravens in the first place?) + the whole battle at ice lake was ruined for me with raven + Dany flying dragons to beyond the Wall in 1 day. Only redshirts died in this. D&D altered what can kill a wight (they admitted they changed this from canon lore from the books): apparently they were fighting with dragonglass... which they never actually have the characters confirm verbally. And it just looks stupid, they can kill a skeleton with dragonglass. Not only was this battle immensely contrived with plot armor, they upped the ante by having wights carrying and using weapons, which is another deviation from the evidence in the books. So far, only one wight used a weapon in the books, which was an accidental latch on of a wight's hand onto the haft of a dagger of a NW brother and planted it in the gut. The wight in questin was already headless, so it was no more than muscle memory. Wights throttle or disembowel with bare hands. So, no usage of chains either. WTF did they get such chains from anyway? The free folk? Rubbish. Gah, and then they just made it more contrived with Jon falling in the ice lake, and Benjen making his sacrifice. Also, I should retract a point of episode 1 which I had given a 5 (so that should be a 4/10 for epi 1): they showed at least 3 looming giants walking in that army of the dead, but all of a sudden there aren't any giants in sight? They could have pulled their weight with those chains, ya know.

They did manage to make me empathize with Viserion. He was always the nicest dragon. And that ice spear was brutal. NK having an ice dragon is cool (especially since most of the time I'm on #teamWW for the show. Oh, and Jon seems to have learned something from the BatB: he wanted to go for the NK, but stopped in his tracks and called a retreat. For all of that: 1 point.

Winterhell plot: again I find the premisse of this plot ridiculous. Just a heart to heart with Royce would give Sansa enough to have him executed along with everything else she knows. That said, I actually liked the confrontations. And yes, Arya seemed overkill in the last scene, but she did give the dagger to Sansa. Words are wind, it are the actions that count. 1 point

Jon-Dany scene: no points for all that hamfisted sweetness is just bad for my teeth.

So, 5/10

Edited by sweetsunray

They only cater to lowest common denominator of the audience.  Let's have our hero/s in direst of situations, and then bring safety out of nowhere.  LAZIEST of lazy writing.  

They could have easily wrote last week that, "as queen of westeros" it was Danny's duty to survey her lands.  she would leave the day after Jon to attend to matters and would be there soon.  Instead teleportation because, "screw it, we don't care anymore and we don't even know where the prior episode left off."

Nonsense of episode included

Jon: "Jorah, we up here way north and face a zombie army, but btw, here's your dad's sword.  Go on take it."  Not that he would maybe need it?  He couldn't have had this discussion earlier?  Just dumb writing, dumb pacing.  These show runners don't give af anymore.

Edited by Table8

13 minutes ago, grey_scale said:

2/10. 

Terrible episode. An insult to story telling. 

exactly... an insult to logic and (I will not refer to the books) an insult to the first 5 seasons.

Once I told my friends that GoT (both shows and books) was a piece of art, something that just happens in a century. And now I see D&D mocking and make ridicule something that I loved so much...

Edited by King Louis II (KLII)