NFL 2017: 3000 Miles to Jaceland

Jace, Extat

17 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Thanks man if that's serious.  How many casual fans can name Montana's place kickers right?

5 hours ago, Rockroi said:

Mike Cofer... what?

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Ray Wersching before him, but I was not a casual fan.

Hunter

Smith

Could the Packers be forced to release Aaron Rodgers?

Apparently it’s a rule that if you are put back on IR without a new injury, the player is to be released when healthy.  Multiple teams have complained to the league that the Packers are gaming the system by reactivating him for one game then returning him to IR.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Could the Packers be forced to release Aaron Rodgers?

Apparently it’s a rule that if you are put back on IR without a new injury, the player is to be released when healthy.  Multiple teams have complained to the league that the Packers are gaming the system by reactivating him for one game then returning him to IR.

Another fiasco for the league. Don't think they can even punish the Packers either, because the rule says they'd have to release him. So they can't even acknowledge that the Packers screwed up.

51 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Seriously though, look how much of a difference Jimmy G has made in SF already, and this is all for a team that had no shot at the post-season.  I wonder what Vegas will have their over/under win total at going into next year.

Please.  We goin 19-0!!!!

2 hours ago, Rhom said:
:thumbsup: 

That sucking sound you hear our West is the sound of all the Forty Niners’ cap space happily circling the drain!

They got well over $100 million in space.  Hopefully Garoppolo won't cost that much in AAV.  But he's making a good case.  Can't believe how quickly he made it exciting to be a Niner fan again!

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Another chokefested Lions season yippee.

I hear ya man.

Everything was working in their favor to win and get in.  Playing the Bengals (a team under .500 which Lions have been good against).  Falcons losing.  Everything, except Jim Caldwell and the Lions wanting to win.

You can't get more Lions than letting Giovani Bernard run for over 100 yards with the playoffs on the line.  

Who knows, maybe this leads to Caldwell and the coaching staff being let go, but I doubt it.  Quinn the GM is just another yes man for the owner and the owner loves Caldwell.

I guess it's on to rooting for the B&B to get another superbowl.  Almost wish I didn't love the Lions so much and could just switch to being a Patriots fan full time.

17 hours ago, Triskele said:

Seriously though, look how much of a difference Jimmy G has made in SF already, and this is all for a team that had no shot at the post-season.  I wonder what Vegas will have their over/under win total at going into next year.

16 hours ago, Rhom said:

Please.  We goin 19-0!!!!

As a New England Patriot fan, Im was sorry to see him go. I had hoped they could have some way keep him. He would have been a worthy successor to Tom Brady . Jimmy G is the real deal .  :(   But that said, I wish him well and I suspect he will get the Niners back to the Super Bowl and win .:)

13 hours ago, Fiddler said:

I hear ya man.

Everything was working in their favor to win and get in.  Playing the Bengals (a team under .500 which Lions have been good against).  Falcons losing.  Everything, except Jim Caldwell and the Lions wanting to win.

You can't get more Lions than letting Giovani Bernard run for over 100 yards with the playoffs on the line.  

Who knows, maybe this leads to Caldwell and the coaching staff being let go, but I doubt it.  Quinn the GM is just another yes man for the owner and the owner loves Caldwell.

I guess it's on to rooting for the B&B to get another superbowl.  Almost wish I didn't love the Lions so much and could just switch to being a Patriots fan full time.

Oh goodness no, that would be as fukd up as rooting for the Yanks, or Warriors or something. I almost always pull for underdogs in non Detroit contests. Or at least dark horse-ish smaller market teams or cities that havent won in a while. Since the Lions have (quite predictably) choked out this year, I'll probably root for Minnesota, K.C. or Philly just en lieu of liking the idea of their fan bases getting a chance to celebrate. Also Jax have had a great dark horse year. Very few wouldve picked some of these teams being playoff contenders this year.

So yeah go Vikes or JagsKCPhillydillyo!!!!

Archived