NFL 2017: 3000 Miles to Jaceland

Jace, Extat

25 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’d still be inclined to hold fast at $15m a year. I’d just guarantee more of it.

Facts time:

Fact #1: The Bengals had five playoff wins when Marvin Lewis joined the team. 15 years later, they still have five wins.

Fact #2: The Vikings caved the Bengals’ skulls in yesterday.

Fact #3: Andy Dalton is trash.

Fact #4: Rhodes destroyed A.J. Green. Destroyed!

Fact #5: I’m being unnecessarily mean to Mex and Nic.

I ain’t even mad. I’ll be rooting for Zimmer and the Vikes come January. 

15 hours ago, Reny of Storms End said:

It was tough, but a fun game to watch. I'm really happy I got to see Brady play though. I've got to see him and Peyton so I can die a happy fan. 

ETA: I was thinking of you and Rock at the end. It went from a perfect ending for me, to a perfect ending for you guys. 

Must have been nice to see Shazier at the stadium. Hope he recovers fully.

In other NFL news: hells to the yes, how do we make this happen?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/18/colin-kaepernick-sean-diddy-combs-carolina-panthers-ownership-bid

Eta: Damn it, Rhom!

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’d still be inclined to hold fast at $15m a year. I’d just guarantee more of it.

Facts time:

Fact #1: The Bengals had five playoff wins when Marvin Lewis joined the team. 15 years later, they still have five wins.

Fact #2: The Vikings caved the Bengals’ skulls in yesterday.

Fact #3: Andy Dalton is trash.

Fact #4: Rhodes destroyed A.J. Green. Destroyed!

Fact #5: I’m being unnecessarily mean to Mex and Nic.

The super bowl team is scrambling right now.  Usually they get 5 weeks of prep in the stadium before the big game.  If they get home field throughout, they could be cut down to TWO!

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

@Manhole Eunuchsbane @James Arryn I felt that yesterday’s win demanded a meme.

Lol. Well, he’s passed the barrier with my gf. She’s been previously meh on other goodlooking qbs...Brady has a nice smile, but otherwise just ok, etc. But she’s like ‘now that’s a good looking guy’.

51 minutes ago, aceluby said:

The super bowl team is scrambling right now.  Usually they get 5 weeks of prep in the stadium before the big game.  If they get home field throughout, they could be cut down to TWO!

Huh? Anyways, if the Vikings do make it to the Owl, they need to turn off the heat and open the windows when the other team practices there.

16 minutes ago, sperry said:

Nick Foles just played a game that was every bit as good as any Carson Wentz has played all year...

It’s because this year’s Eagles are the same as last year’s Cowboys. The O-Line is so overwhelming, so any NFL quality QB should succeed behind it with that run game and those receivers.

10 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

There are substances that will be abused when you step into the Big House with the Storms End Scumbags next week. :)

I’ve still got to get past the Crab Legs Bandit and one of his TEs, but a 50 point buffer is decent.

Also, where the hell is Manhole? Did he get banned? He hasn’t posted in nearly three weeks.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Must have been nice to see Shazier at the stadium. Hope he recovers fully.

In other NFL news: hells to the yes, how do we make this happen?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/18/colin-kaepernick-sean-diddy-combs-carolina-panthers-ownership-bid

Eta: Damn it, Rhom!

That was an awesome moment, and it almost makes up for the loss. 

Rock I agree with all you had to say on Ben throwing Hailey under the bus. It was a horrendous audible by Ben, who always trys to call his own plays. As for Tomlin the guy might be 2nd all time for wins in a coaches first 11 seasons, but he's no Belichek. Everything after the review was announced for the James TD was bad by the Steelers. Terrible play, no situational awareness, and that final throw to top it all off. 

39 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Huh? Anyways, if the Vikings do make it to the Owl, they need to turn off the heat and open the windows when the other team practices there.

When you have a super bowl where the team hosting is not in the playoffs, you get 5 weeks to prep that stadium for the big game.  If you have home field for the wild card game, the committee gets 4 weeks.  If you have a first round bye, the committed gets 3 weeks, and if the championship game is at the stadium where the SB is played, they get two weeks to prepare the stadium.

Never before has it happened where the committee has had less than 4 weeks of preparation time, and now there's a very real possibility that they'll only get two; when by that time the SB hosting committee should be focusing solely on the 1 million+ people coming into the city at that time.  It could be a huge clusterf$%^

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

It’s because this year’s Eagles are the same as last year’s Cowboys. The O-Line is so overwhelming, so any NFL quality QB should succeed behind it with that run game and those receivers.

I find it funny to read how many play concepts are basically identical to Kelly's plans and they kept so much of that same offense in place. Kelly should never have been a coach, but should always have been a OC or something. 

All I know is that I was at my mom's last night for our family Christmas (step daughter going to her dad's next weekend, so we had to go early) and the game was on with the volume muted.  I don't even know who the announcers were, but the color guy was spot on for those of us with no sound.

As Brady was getting the team lined up for the two point conversion, a big yellow line circled Gronk as some guy went into motion to create a cluster on the far side of the field.  Sure enough, that's where the play went.

Then, just a few minutes later (a few seconds of game time) the Steelers are lining up on first and goal.  The yellow line circles a WR on the near side of the screen and then swipes a line across the backfield indicating that the RB would be running a route to the top of the screen.  Sure enough, the RB went that way and the guy circled was the one who caught the pass that wasn't a catch.

Pretty impressive all things considered.

46 minutes ago, Rhom said:

All I know is that I was at my mom's last night for our family Christmas (step daughter going to her dad's next weekend, so we had to go early) and the game was on with the volume muted.  I don't even know who the announcers were, but the color guy was spot on for those of us with no sound.

The color guy for Pats-Steelers was Romo, so that squares with the predictive analysis. Pretty good compliment for Romo -- illuminating plays even without being heard. :)

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

When you have a super bowl where the team hosting is not in the playoffs, you get 5 weeks to prep that stadium for the big game.  If you have home field for the wild card game, the committee gets 4 weeks.  If you have a first round bye, the committed gets 3 weeks, and if the championship game is at the stadium where the SB is played, they get two weeks to prepare the stadium.

Never before has it happened where the committee has had less than 4 weeks of preparation time, and now there's a very real possibility that they'll only get two; when by that time the SB hosting committee should be focusing solely on the 1 million+ people coming into the city at that time.  It could be a huge clusterf$%^

Oh OK I get what you mean. This whole city is going to be mess in a few weeks regardless. I’m so happy I don’t work downtown anymore.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

I find it funny to read how many play concepts are basically identical to Kelly's plans and they kept so much of that same offense in place. Kelly should never have been a coach, but should always have been a OC or something. 

Kelly's MO seems to be unable to manage, unable to be managed.  But too brilliant to disregard.

Archived