College Football 2018: Countdown to Kickoff

Ded As Ned

3 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Fumble. FSU's offense is putrid. Gonna be a long season with Willie's playcalling.

One game in and I already hate him. 

Ok, not really. But fucking switch it up a little. Throwing to the flats and running up the middle every 1st down is not working.

Brutal for FSU. I hope @Eponine enjoyed that one wherever she's at.

Stanford... I'm glad we threw it a little bit, but Shaw's playcalling remains frustrating, and I'm a little concerned that if we play so predictably in the first quarter, USC will open up a big lead and then just boatrace us.

I mean, yes and no. Even when Love is operating at his best and opposing teams are only putting 7 or 8 in the box against him, they still need to throw midrange on early downs sometimes to balance their range. The only passes from under center we ever run are off of play action. You can win some games just banging your head against a wall for a half and then making adjustments, but it's difficult to contend with top tier teams that way.

Dang, I so wanted to pick Kentucky too but I was thinking that 32 years is a lot of bad mojo to exorcise... too much to bet on.  But congrats to Kentucky on finally doing it!  

Also really enjoyed Colorado @ Nebraska today as well as the second half of Clemson @ A&M.  The lineup looked a little flimsy this week but I feel like we got the most out of it we could have.

Glad to get the W vs USC, but a little concerned that this might say more about USC than it does about us. With that said, that's two straight good performances from the defense, which was shallow and not great last year. So if the defense has made meaningful improvement, maybe Stanford can hang with some of the better teams. Oregon and Notre Dame games later this month should be interesting.

Archived