NFL Offseason '18: Our American Cousins

Rhom

10 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Didn't Ruben Foster beat the shit out of his girlfriend or something?

Dragging, apparently.  And a weapons charge.  Plus a weed charge in January.  But no special treatment!  Would imagine he'll be suspended most of next season regardless of release or what prosecutors ultimately decide exactly what to charge him with.

3 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Dragging, apparently.  And a weapons charge.  Plus a weed charge in January.  But no special treatment!  Would imagine he'll be suspended most of next season regardless of release or what prosecutors ultimately decide exactly what to charge him with.

Hm, teams should take the initiative and punish their own players sometimes. Get out in front of it and take power from the league. Are they really gonna overrule your 10 game suspension in favor of a full season ban? I don't understand the complete ineptitude in these organizations.

That's a lie, it comes from Nepotism

1 hour ago, dmc515 said:

Niners won the coin toss today to secure the 9th pick.  It's all coming up Shanalynch.

Jimmy G... still undefeated!

Anyone sees Orlando Browns performance? I read an article that absolutely blasted him. Said it was probably the worst work out in combine history. One of the slowest 40 yard dash, almost 6 seconds, least bench press reps, 12 or 14, lowest verticle leap, like 17.5" AND the coaches during the drills had to yell at him because he wasn't giving effort?!?!? This from a guy they thought was a low 1st or solid 2nd round pick. I am sure I'll see some of it later today but for them to slam him like that is rough.

16 hours ago, dbunting said:

Anyone sees Orlando Browns performance? I read an article that absolutely blasted him. Said it was probably the worst work out in combine history. One of the slowest 40 yard dash, almost 6 seconds, least bench press reps, 12 or 14, lowest verticle leap, like 17.5" AND the coaches during the drills had to yell at him because he wasn't giving effort?!?!? This from a guy they thought was a low 1st or solid 2nd round pick. I am sure I'll see some of it later today but for them to slam him like that is rough.

Damn...a six second forty is just laughably bad.  Like, did he not understand the drill?

3 hours ago, briantw said:

I feel like I could speed walk a six second forty.  

His broad jump, vertical, 40 and bench press were bottom 5 since like 2005?  This from a guy who the NFL ticker has listed as the #2 tackle? He truly is the opposite of a combine warrior.

3 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Didn’t Eisen run like 6.02? In a suit?

And he is like a 50 year old non athlete!

All that said, I could never get around him to the QB, he would crush me and I know it, I would be a human pancake highlight film for him. Just not what you expect from a 1st round prospect.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

His broad jump, vertical, 40 and bench press were bottom 5 since like 2005?  This from a guy who the NFL ticker has listed as the #2 tackle? He truly is the opposite of a combine warrior.

And he is like a 50 year old non athlete!

All that said, I could never get around him to the QB, he would crush me and I know it, I would be a human pancake highlight film for him. Just not what you expect from a 1st round prospect.

I only caught a few seconds of his movement drills, but I suspect that a spin move would ruin his career.

Not even a good one, just like a standard ability to turn your body around in a relatively expeditious manner.

Based on the film I saw, a younger Jace would have gotten a pressure against him (let's be real, I'd bounce off pretty much any QB) on the first play, I mean, then he'd probably engage right at the line instead of setting back into a more conservative technique.

But even young Jace was a mere ferret compared to the likes of Von Miller and NFL pass rushers. I've never been a combine whore, but this guy looked astoundingly bad.

I have a confession.

I have always been driven by hate. Little keeps this heart beating, but unadulterated loathing of certain NFL franchises has kept oxygen going to my branium for a long damn time.

Things have changed though. It started a few years back with the attempted double-reverse jinx of the Patriots. A clandestine operation to save the league that would have been unthinkable even five years ago.

And now I think the Saints are almost compelling enough to compliment?

I've been wrestling for a few weeks now with some new emotions.

I was afraid that maybe I was losing interest. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but I don't NOT want to love Football. Even as horrible as the NFL is, I just love the game.

I'm glad to announce that I don't think I'm losing interest in the sport.

I just want to see the Colts collapse into a dumpster fire of despair. See, I don't like this 'everything will work out' attitude that pundits the league over have been espousing. The problems in this shotgun hiring are extreme, and the lack of accountability demanded of Ballard infuriates me to lengths I do not think anyone reading this could appreciate. I often say outlandish things, play stuff up, act like a psycho bitch in general. And that's partially 'cause I'm a psycho bitch, but also I'm almost always just playing around. Like 95% of the time I post something seemingly angry or crazy, I'm just trying to have some fun and punch up the dialogue.

But I mean it when I say I'm angry at the Colts. It sucks, 'cause I actually dig Ballard, but such gross incompetence cannot be praised. And that's what I keep seeing. "Oh, the Colts got the RIGHT GUY" OR "Ballard set the tone by re-announcing the rivalry!" OR "Well I mean Reich won the SB against McDaniels anyway!" OR "In Ballard we trust"

Fuck all of that. Reich wasn't even the goddamn playcaller. His area of 'specialty' as the 'offensive coordinator' was 'between the 20's'.

That's cool. I guess? It's a good thing he can pick a quality staff  I mean is a known aggressive play caller I mean was the clear architect of success I mean was the ideal choice I mean has a sure thing at QB I mean has been a known quality coach for a long time I mean was so valuable that his team wouldn't let him walk out the door I mean was the 2nd fiddle of a 3 man coaching crew, the success of which was attributed singularly  to the HC until the day of the Superbowl when the Eagles shocked the world with dynamic play calling he was not responsible for.

I'm not buying it. And I actively resent the assertion that everything is Ok. Ballard says Andrew will participate in OTA's in April and every blogger in the league takes it as gospel. Only Florio even cautions that the Colts are lying liars who lie to sell tickets when it comes to Luck's health, and I find his stance to be passive to a fault (I really like Florio so I expect much from him).

At this point it's a matter of principal. Not at all unlike when I excitedly anticipate the next DC flop or AAA video game debacle. It's not that I want something to be bad. It's that I know it's going to be bad and I want the people who buried their heads in the sand to be punished for being so gullible and dumb.

And now I feel that way at the Colts. Which is extremely disconcerting. I'm sure some satisfying FA moves and the draft will alleviate some of this darkness hovering over my favorite team, but this roster is rotten to the core and I'm far from convinced that Reich is the guy to fix it. He seems cool, he has a great story, and I hope that he gets fired in 3 years to go on towards great things as the HC of the New England Patriots.

Whatever. Fuck everything, it's all miserable and awful. I'm not depressed, I just feel like I'm in a dark fog and everything disappoints me. And don't say I need to get more sleep, 'cause I'm sleeping 14 hours a night.

And Aldon Smith is once again wanted in connection to a domestic violence case. Guy must have some serious demons because he could've ruled the NFL world, instead he's a footnote and cautionary tale.

13 hours ago, dbunting said:

And Aldon Smith is once again wanted in connection to a domestic violence case. Guy must have some serious demons because he could've ruled the NFL world, instead he's a footnote and cautionary tale.

The guy needs to be off the streets. Mental illness and violent tendencies do not tend to have happy endings.

38 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Word around here is that Cousins is looking to MN at a 3 yr $90M contract, all guaranteed.  Given the recent salary cap bump, I don't hate this play.

I would rather they keep Teddy and K eenum, but this is smart for both sides.

59 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I would rather they keep Teddy and K eenum, but this is smart for both sides.

The thing with Teddy, as I know you’re well aware, is that you don’t know if he can sustain hits on a week to week basis and I’m sure he’s looking to get paid because he knows that too. His next contract could be his last and he’s going to want to be paid like a starter. Combine that with the Vikings emotional attachment to him and you can easily see them over paying him. They’re probably right to let him walk and wish him nothing but the best.

As far as Cousins goes, I could live with a three year deal at $30m per year, but you cannot guarantee the whole amount.

Archived