Jump to content
elisa123456789

Who can be gendry's mother? a targaryen?

Recommended Posts

That would serve no purpose, the Baratheon line has Targaryen blood in it.  So if he needs Targaryen blood for some reason, "there is power in king's blood" he already has it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think his mother is anyone notable. The important part of Gendry's parentage is that he is Robert's son. There doesn't seem to be enough time left in the series for another parentage mystery to be revealed, and it would diminish the impact of Jon's revelation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bran the Shipper said:

That would serve no purpose, the Baratheon line has Targaryen blood in it.  So if he needs Targaryen blood for some reason, "there is power in king's blood" he already has it.

This.

Gendry's mother is supposed to be a simple tavern wench of King's Landing. 

I believe only Gendry father is important here. With the exception if the show make Cersei somehow involved, what I don't believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you believe the theory that Gendry is the one true-born child to Cersei and Robert Baratheon.  She talks about having a black-haired child who was sickly and either died or she gave it away.  Could be  Gendry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Unless you believe the theory that Gendry is the one true-born child to Cersei and Robert Baratheon.  She talks about having a black-haired child who was sickly and either died or she gave it away.  Could be  Gendry.

Yeah, other than this theory I think it's pretty much Robert + Tavern Wench/Whore or something. It would make no sense for him to be fathered by a Targ bastard. Especially during that time period in which Gendry was probably born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did this come out? Gendry heard it from Melisandre, but who else knows/knew?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert did every woman who crossed his path. ( Ladies especially have you ever craved something specific and you're going to eat everything in the house trying to slake your craving but it doesn't work!?!?)  He wants Lyanna, he loves her, craves her but can't have her. Understandable that a woman would fuck the king (at her proper time) to be ensured 'care' in exchange for keeping her mouth shut. Smart barkeep, probably set Gendry up before however she died. He's a b-list character nothing so special as being the discarded legitimate child. Just existing to draw parallels with Jon and protect/befriend Arya in the beginning. Robert was a warrior though I think he'll survive the first battle and die in the second. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Davos, Jon and Arya know. I'm not sure who else. Maybe Beric, the Hound and Tormund, since he was with them when they all went beyond the wall, and Gendry was bitching at Beric about what happened to him with Melisandre. 

Otherwise, it doesn't seem he's broadcasting it. If he lives to the end of the series, it might come up, since he's the last of the Baratheon lineage. 

But yeah, he's mainly here for Arya and fan service. Not that I'm complaining - I love that there's been Gendrya payoff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I doubt Cersei would:

A. Lose track of her own son. You know how she feels about her children. No matter how sickly (Sweetrobin).

B. Order him killed.

Also, Mel does/did not need Targ blood for spells, just King's Blood. Robert & Stannis' worked just fine. As did Shireen's (show).

 

 

Edited by YouKnowNothingJonSnow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, YouKnowNothingJonSnow said:

I doubt Cersei would:

A. Lose track of her own son. You know how she feels about her children. No matter how sickly (Sweetrobin).

B. Order him killed.

Also, Mel does/did not need Targ blood for spells, just King's Blood. Robert & Stannis' worked just fine. As did Shireen's (show).

 

 

Actually, when Robert called out Lyanna's name on his and Cersei's wedding night, I am pretty sure Cersei would be disgusted with any progeny produced by their union.  Yes, I think she could dump any child by Robert, anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Actually, when Robert called out Lyanna's name on his and Cersei's wedding night, I am pretty sure Cersei would be disgusted with any progeny produced by their union.  Yes, I think she could dump any child by Robert, anywhere.



In the books, she did....

On one occasion, early in her marriage, Cersei became pregnant by Robert. Unwilling to give birth to Robert's child, she sent Jaime out to find a woman to cleanse her. Having grown to resent Robert over the years, Cersei took further care to ensure he did not impregnate he

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bran Snow said:

Everyone seems to forget that Maggy the Frog told Cersei she would only have three children, so Gendry is not hers

Everyone seems to forget that in the show, Maggi is already wrong. There were four children. That is show canon. 

The question is about what happened to the first one - not whether he existed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Timm said:

Everyone seems to forget that in the show, Maggi is already wrong. There were four children. That is show canon. 

The question is about what happened to the first one - not whether he existed.

It's not show canon that Cercei had 4 kids, only that she told Cat there was another kid.  We know Cercei isn't one for the truth, so we dont know if this is true because we've never seen evidence that a kid ever existed outside of one conversation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, YouKnowNothingJonSnow said:

Also, Mel does/did not need Targ blood for spells, just King's Blood. Robert & Stannis' worked just fine. As did Shireen's (show).

Baratheon line has targaryen blood, so Stannis and Shireen would both have Targ blood.  But then I'm pretty sure that King's Blood is code for Targaryen blood.  Since we know that Targaryen's have magic in their line and it wouldn't make sense that someone randomly crowned king would suddenly have magical blood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vuron said:

It's not show canon that Cercei had 4 kids, only that she told Cat there was another kid.  We know Cercei isn't one for the truth, so we dont know if this is true because we've never seen evidence that a kid ever existed outside of one conversation.

 

We just heard Lannister brothers agreeing that "She's always been good at using the truth to tell lies."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Gendrys mother is a big deal if Gendry is Azor Ahi (the prince that was promised). For this to be true, Gendry has to come from the Targaryen line. His connection through his father isn’t enough since the woods witch prophecy said the prince that was promised will come from the line of Aerys (mad king) Targaryen. We know gendrys mother had blonde hair (a Targaryen trait) and a tavern wench. It may be possible that this tavern wenches mother was a brothel whore. If this brothel whore was with the mad king, and his bastard daughter was with Robert years later, Gendry could be not only bastard son of Robert, but grandson of the mad king. If Gendry isn’t Azor ahi then all this means nothing, but something to think about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×