MCUniverse: Phase Four and Beyond(er) **maybe spoilers**

PyroclasticFlow

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness confirmed for 7 May 2021.

Cast: Cumberbatch (obvs) but Elisabeth Olsen will also be starring as Scarlet Witch.

What If?, the first MCU animated series, confirmed for summer 2021. Starring pretty much everyone who's ever been in the MCU, with Jeffery Wright as the Watcher, who will serve as the narrator for the film which explores how things might have gone in the MCU in the event of other events unfolding. Possibly related to the Multiverse and to Dr. Strange?

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

The Eternals confirmed for 6 November 2020.

Cast: Angelina Jolie - Thena, Salma Hayek - Ajax, Don Lee - Gilgamesh, Kumail Nanjiani - Kingo,  Brian Tyree Henry - Phastos,  Lauren Ridloff - Macary, Richard Madden - Ikaris, Lia McHugh - Sprite

They're making Makari female?  Doesn't matter a jot.  Just asking. 

They're being a big vague on whether this was all of Phase Four or just the opening chunk of it. If it was all of it, Feige kept his promise as the Mutants won't be showing up until Phase Five at the earliest. He'd previously said 2023 was the earliest the X-verse could appear and that would still appear to be on track, as Fantastic Four sound like a bigger priority (especially because they also make Power Pack a possibility).

Some discussion online at the moment on whether Ali's casting as Blade means that Marvel no longer considers the Netflixverse to be canon, as they've never cast a major character from those shows in a separate role in the movies. Or if they just decided to ignore the issue as Ali has seriously levelled up in acting profile over the last two years.

23 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

For me, the biggest takeaways were JaneThor and Blade. EVERYTHING was exciting, but those two things were unexpected.

I had a feeling that Blade was gonna be announced, I was more surprised that Ali was cast as Blade. I figured they would go for someone younger, like John Boyega.

Archived