MCUniverse: Phase Four and Beyond(er) **maybe spoilers**

PyroclasticFlow

6 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Matpat did a Film Theory Youtube video about the rat, because when he saw the movie for the first time he was pissed off that it all came down to a rat walking over a button, which felt so implausible and unlikely and contrived. What he discovered was that, with a whole bunch of assumptions, there was about a 95% chance that a rat would walk over the button within 5 years. So not only was it plausible, but given not too much more time it was basically inevitable that a rat would walk over the button. In fact it could be argued that there was a very high chance of it happening much sooner than 5 years and the 5 years was more of a contrivance than anything else.

I'm sure the writers did not nerd out and do a whole bunch of calculations the way Matpat did. But it's interesting that the nerd treatment of the subject ended up validating the writer's funny coincidence plot device.

They're doing those animated "What If?" things for Disney+. I bet one of them will be like what if the security guard put down rat traps.

I love the Idea of Lang coming out like 20 years after the snap instead of five. But in this context the idea of time travel to save "them" seems like villainy instead of heroics. So the current team of avengers equip their nanobot butt-plugs and try to stop him. 

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

You think they'd allow butt-plugs in a Disney+ show? That would be very risque.

To quote the great actor of our time, Johnny Depp:

"It'd be far worse not to, however."

8 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

You think they'd allow butt-plugs in a Disney+ show? That would be very risque.

Fun fact: the marvel movies are actually filled with penises. You just can't see them. 

Personally, I think a Live action Pinocchio with a  sado/masochistic foot fetishist Jiminy Cricket.... Gepeto as a fisting enthusiast sloppy power bottom and Honest John as a rubber clad trans dominatrix into shrink tubing with an industrial hair dryer ... with the donkeys as.... well... donkeys...  would go over huge... 

... man, this thread has taken a weird turn. 

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

Fun fact: the marvel movies are actually filled with penises. You just can't see them. 

I dunno about that, but there sure were a lot of dicks.

Back to more mainstream topics. I see the global box office for Enbdgame is so tantalisingly close to Avatar that Disney will probably force the movie to stay in theatres until it holds the record, however long it takes. And Disney has the clout to make movie houses keep the movie running.

On 7/18/2019 at 5:55 AM, The Anti-Targ said:

Matpat did a Film Theory Youtube video about the rat, because when he saw the movie for the first time he was pissed off that it all came down to a rat walking over a button, which felt so implausible and unlikely and contrived. What he discovered was that, with a whole bunch of assumptions, there was about a 95% chance that a rat would walk over the button within 5 years. So not only was it plausible, but given not too much more time it was basically inevitable that a rat would walk over the button. In fact it could be argued that there was a very high chance of it happening much sooner than 5 years and the 5 years was more of a contrivance than anything else.

I'm sure the writers did not nerd out and do a whole bunch of calculations the way Matpat did. But it's interesting that the nerd treatment of the subject ended up validating the writer's funny coincidence plot device.

One of Old Man Cap's final acts was to let his pet rat off near the machine. He called the rat "rocket". If you look carefully in his final scene, there's a wedge of cheese in his shirt pocket and if you have 4K you can see some rat hairs  on him.

We're getting the next phase announcements this weekend, right?

15 minutes ago, red snow said:

One of Old Man Cap's final acts was to let his pet rat off near the machine. He called the rat "rocket". If you look carefully in his final scene, there's a wedge of cheese in his shirt pocket and if you have 4K you can see some rat hairs  on him.

We're getting the next phase announcements this weekend, right?

You saying he named his pet rat after a raccoon he knew?

The Eternals confirmed for 6 November 2020.

Cast: Angelina Jolie - Thena, Salma Hayek - Ajax, Don Lee - Gilgamesh, Kumail Nanjiani - Kingo,  Brian Tyree Henry - Phastos,  Lauren Ridloff - Macary, Richard Madden - Ikaris, Lia McHugh - Sprite

So they're doing the Mandarin for real. I hope they somehow show his reaction to the whole Trevor / Killian thing. 

Edit: and Monica Rambeau in WandaVision? Nobody expected that. 

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings confirmed for February 2021. 

Cast: Simiu Lang - Shang-Chi, Tony Leung - The Actual Mandarin (!), Awkwafina - unknown

The Falcon & Winter Soldier confirmed for Autumn 2020, Wandavision for Spring 2021. Both will take place after Endgame, somehow.

So they're doing the Mandarin for real. I hope they somehow show his reaction to the whole Trevor / Killian thing. 

We already saw his reaction in All Hail the King. It was not nice.

15 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The Eternals confirmed for 6 November 2020.

Cast: Angelina Jolie - Thena, Salma Hayek - Ajax, Don Lee - Gilgamesh, Kumail Nanjiani - Kingo,  Brian Tyree Henry - Phastos,  Lauren Ridloff - Macary, Richard Madden - Ikaris, Lia McHugh - Sprite

Quite the cast.  Well, I don't think I know them all.  But Robb Stark as Marvel's version of Icarus seems..like inter-franchise synergy (yes, I know that Ikaris is not like the Greek Icarus, spare me it was a joke).

1 minute ago, Werthead said:

The Falcon & Winter Soldier confirmed for Autumn 2020, Wandavision for Spring 2021. Both will take place after Endgame, somehow.

We already saw his reaction in All Hail the King. It was not nice.

I mean like while "The Mandarin" was terrorizing the US. It's weird that he didn't actually try to stop him. 

Now discussing Loki, confirming it will explore what happens to Other Timeline Loki after Endgame as well as the original idea of him causing havoc on Earth in the past (which makes sense, as "our" Loki and alt-timeline Loki are the same person up until the original The Avengers).

Archived