Armies left on both sides

Mihai Brasoveanu

So. What's the tally right about now going into the final battle.

Danny:

• half of the Unsullied - 3-4,000
  • half of the Northmen (?!)
  • Some of the Dothraki (?!)
  • Knights of the Vale

Cersei

• 20,000 Golden Company men
  • Lannister Army (10,000 maybe)

What about the rest? 

• Riverrun army? 
  • Stormlands army?
  • Dorne army?

There seem to be so many players still involved that are unaccounted for. Will we ever see any of them again? This seems rushed.

Forgetting whatever percentage of iron born are with Yara, are there any houses that'd still be loyal to Danny after highgarden fell? Are the knights of the vale with Danny? Plus, while they won't be back, she does have the second sons if she was truly desperate. 

For Cersei she also has however many gold-cloaks as well. 

Driving an exhausted and diminished army  south for another battle is exactly the strategy that lost Harold the Battle of Hastings, and resulted in the Norman takeover of England.  

In real life Harold was the defender rather than the conqueror, of course, but I can’t help but see the comparisons. 

Dany is pushing her luck too far, and she’ll end up regretting it. 

The second sons is a good point that I hope the writers don't overlook.  

I also think that the Golden Company are Targaryen loyalists.  I expect them to betray Cersei, especially if it gets out that there are two living Targaryen on the other side.  

Also, I expect the Iron Bank to crap on Cersei before it is all over.  I am not sure whose strings they are pulling, but Cersei is the Mad Queen, whatever influence they have will be thrown behind the Jon/Dany side..  

The Dornish army didn't take part in any battles so we should count them at least 10k men strong. The riverrun army is utterly destroyed and every house is now split on who to follow. The stormlands are destroyed as well, they defected mostly to Stannis and tha Lannisters, Stannis lost his army in the north and the lannister army had huge losses on the battle of fire. The north army (summing all players, dany Sansa and the vale) should be 8k strong with 1 dragon. Using them right they could win the war if they join forces with the Dornish.

If the Lannisters have half a brain they will stay on the defensive. Even if the Reach, Stormlands, Dorne, rest of the Vale, and Riverlands joined the siege for Dany/Jon, they have the city walls protecting their army and a fleet to resupply the city. 30,000+ land forces and a massive navy + strong fortifications? Solid defense.

5 minutes ago, nyser1 said:

If the Lannisters have half a brain they will stay on the defensive. Even if the Reach, Stormlands, Dorne, rest of the Vale, and Riverlands joined the siege for Dany/Jon, they have the city walls protecting their army and a fleet to resupply the city. 30,000+ land forces and a massive navy + strong fortifications? Solid defense.

Solid yes, but I think Drogon will burn Eurons fleet to ashes in the next episode. Just got this hunch.

22 minutes ago, SerChristian said:

Solid yes, but I think Drogon will burn Eurons fleet to ashes in the next episode. Just got this hunch.

I suspect this as well. However, based upon Euron's sniping skills he might be the KotIT.

Also

Spoiler

Based upon casting, we are expecting Robin and Edmure. Unless they show up at a formal coronation in the end, this is the time to show up.

1 hour ago, SerChristian said:

Eurons fleet full of scorpions? That would be suicide 

8 hours ago, the tower of albion said:

In the trailer as the Golden Company march out a hooded figure most likely Jamie can be seen moving past them. The Valonqar.

I noticed that, but the figure looked pretty tall. I assumed the Hound.

Ever since the appearance of the magical 1000 ship Iron Fleet the balance of power shifted. The typical large medieval warship had a crew of around 200 and around 300 fighting men. So if Euron strips his 1000 ships down to skeleton crews he should be able to throw around 450,000 iron born into the fray.  ( which is part of the reason the Golden Company story line and strength of 20,000) is meaningless.

In fact with upwards of 1/2 million Iron born on her side Cersei doesn't need anyone but if she adds the Lannisters, Golden Company, allied houses from the Riverlands, the Freys, the reach etc. she could add another 100,000+ 

Even figuring that Dorne has 10,000 and somehow a chuck of Dothraki, Unsullied and Northerners were batch resurrected by Melisandre before she died Dany might have 20,000 tops and a Dragon.  

So the producers are setting us up for a battle of around 550,000 against 20,000... plus a dragon.

On the other hand Yara has taken control of the Iron Islands again. What if she one-ups Euron and makes a new Iron Fleet of 2000 or even 3000 ships. Then we're talking. 

3 minutes ago, hallapino said:

Ever since the appearance of the magical 1000 ship Iron Fleet the balance of power shifted. The typical large medieval warship had a crew of around 200 and around 300 fighting men. So if Euron strips his 1000 ships down to skeleton crews he should be able to throw around 450,000 iron born into the fray.  ( which is part of the reason the Golden Company story line and strength of 20,000) is meaningless.

Euron most likely didn't build 1000 ships. 

I'm just going by the words the idiot producers put in Euron's mouth but Dany shouldn't worry. Bran knows exactly how the night's king was created. All he needs to do now is use the magic and shank Brienne in the heart with a dragonglass dagger to make a Nights Queen. She can do some quick time travel and collect a few hundred generations of undead in the South and do some serious Jamie and Cersei revenge woop-ass. Problem solved. 

6 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Eurons fleet full of scorpions? That would be suicide 

Depends on the tactics, the element of surprise. Daenerys won't make the same mistake again, and there probably won't be scorpions all around the ships.

Archived