Who's left to marry Sansa

I have been binge-watching past episodes.  I just watched season 6 episode 7 tonight. When Jon and Sansa met Lyanna Mormont and asked her to support them, Lyanna commented that "Lady Sansa is a Bolton.  Or is she a Lannister? I've heard conflicting reports."  I think that is a big clue that Sansa's marital status as a Bolton is not settled.

14 hours ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

Well. Since the post far above is factually correct about Sansa's claim to Winterfell you are indeed correct along with Ms. Turner and HBO, as long as we assume Sansa is able to find the required equipment that she needs for vaping.

That would also be correct even if she was not an empowered female and Westeros was not an enlightened continent of unlimited girlpower. It was not really unheard of in historical feudal and even more rigid societies in the real world for bossassbitches to rule. Although I do not think there is much evidence to support the claims of for example Catherine the Great or Elizabeth I in Europe being vapers. On the other hand I have no idea about rulers such as pharaoh Cleopatra VII nor Hatshepsut because those wacky Egyptians might have got the stuff from the aliens.

Most elegant shutdown I ever got on the internet. Props to you, sir. :cheers: 

I still can’t stand Sansa though, that much is, sadly, unchangeable. 

Wait I thought Cersei was the "boss ass bitch" (whatever that is) when she committed an act of terrorism on her own subjects and chose to dress up in the ugliest gown in existence? How many female characters did they bestow with that incredibly stupid "title"?

The biggest problem with Sansa becoming Lady of the Northand not marrying is that she needs an heir, whether she wants or not. Brann is creepy and useless. Jon is a Targaryen and Arya would just say "No......that's not ME...*dramatic pose*" So she kinda has to spawn, if she wants her family line to continue.

20 hours ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

She doesn’t need to marry again. She can rule as Lady of Winterfell in her own right, assuming both Jon and Bran choose not to. 

She’d just have to name another Stark descendent as her heir.

Don't be silly, the houses don't he show don't have any other members or descendants than the ones that appear on screen, and definitely no cadet branches. They all died in an off screen pandemic between seasons 4 and 5.

10 hours ago, maiden of tarth said:

I don’t think she’ll ever marry again. She will be the Westeros version of Elizabeth I and rule the north without a husband. 

That's what I think will happen in the books.  She will never marry, despite the many suitors she will have, because Tyrion is still alive.

6 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

That's what I think will happen in the books.  She will never marry, despite the many suitors she will have, because Tyrion is still alive.

I think in the books Tyrion is the last person she'd want to be with, he maybe kind to her, but she was horrified and appalled by his misshapen body and that he was a dwarf.

She dreams of Tyrion but his face is half burn (the hound) then theres the fantasy with the unkiss (the hound) wrapping up in the bloody cloak and keeping it (the hounds) cuddling up to the dogs at littlefingers place and thinking about someone (the hound)... i'd be horrified myself if the show had that connection between the hound and sansa in it, but it's still there in the books, whatever it is...

I dont ship the whole sansan thing but there is an unexplained storyline between the two. George RR Matin worked on the beauty and the beast television series before writing the first ASOIAF novels so i did wonder if he was planning a twisted tragic beauty and beast storyline into the books.

16 minutes ago, Flightless bird said:

I think in the books Tyrion is the last person she'd want to be with, he maybe kind to her, but she was horrified and appalled by his misshapen body and that he was a dwarf.

She dreams of Tyrion but his face is half burn (the hound) then theres the fantasy with the unkiss (the hound) wrapping up in the bloody cloak and keeping it (the hounds) cuddling up to the dogs at littlefingers place and thinking about someone (the hound)... i'd be horrified myself if the show had that connection between the hound and sansa in it, but it's still there in the books, whatever it is...

I dont ship the whole sansan thing but there is an unexplained storyline between the two. George RR Matin worked on the beauty and the beast television series before writing the first ASOIAF novels so i did wonder if he was planning a twisted tragic beauty and beast storyline into the books.

I agree.  What I said is that she will continue to use the fact that she's married to Tyrion to not have to marry anyone else.  I agree that the character of Sansa is probably based on the Virgin Queen Elizabeth (in the books at least).

As for the Hound, George has said he was surprised by the fanbase's reaction to their scenes, so no I don't think he was going for a beauty and the beast situation.  I think their interaction was just meant to show how Sansa's illusions about knighthood and the idealized version of reality presented in the songs fell apart, and how Sandor re-gains faith in humanity through Sansa's kindness, after the horrific abuse he suffered as a child.

Man, I hope she doesn't end up with Gendry. That would be such a shitty ending, for both of them. 

Of course, since D&D seem hell bent on giving us the shittiest ending possible, they probably will end up together. 

I'd prefer her to stay single. I don't think she'd ever really trust any man enough to want to be married. 

14 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I agree.  What I said is that she will continue to use the fact that she's married to Tyrion to not have to marry anyone else.  I agree that the character of Sansa is probably based on the Virgin Queen Elizabeth (in the books at least).

No i don't think she'd want the North to associate her to the Lannisters.

I do think she will end up like queen Elizabeth, but i don't think she needs an excuse to do so. Who would be in a position to question her when its all over. 

7 hours ago, Lady Dayne said:

I've never been a shipper, and I'm not advocating this, but I'm somewhat surprised no one has considered a Sansa + Jon scenario. Sansa's behavior towards Dany makes more sense if it's based in jealousy. 

Jon and Sansa has been discussed and I personally think it's beyond stupid. Jon is not nor will he ever have sex with Sansa or Arya. Yes I am well aware that part of the original chapters GRRM wrote had Jon and Arya together, but he obviously realized that would be a huge mistake.

Sansa is somewhat jealous of Dany, but not because of Jon, but because she is the Queen and has power.

I'd like her to end up with Podrick myself. He's kind, someone she knows that isn't related to her (Jon), and doesn't have 20+ years on her. I'd think Sansa would have had enough of guys 2-3x her age creeping on her (here's looking at you, Littlefinger) and judging by the marriages we've seen where the partners are more than 10 years apart, the results aren't very good.

• Jon Arryn to Lysa Tully: 3+ times her age; she poisoned him for Littlefinger.
  • Khal Drogo to Daenerys: He raped her, and things only got better via Stockholm Syndrome.
  • Walder Frey to Joyeuse Erenford: Walder didn't even try bargaining for her life, telling Catelyn "I'll find another [wife]."

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

I'd like her to end up with Podrick myself. He's kind, someone she knows that isn't related to her (Jon), and doesn't have 20+ years on her. I'd think Sansa would have had enough of guys 2-3x her age creeping on her (here's looking at you, Littlefinger) and judging by the marriages we've seen where the partners are more than 10 years apart, the results aren't very good.

• Jon Arryn to Lysa Tully: 3+ times her age; she poisoned him for Littlefinger.
  • Khal Drogo to Daenerys: He raped her, and things only got better via Stockholm Syndrome.
  • Walder Frey to Joyeuse Erenford: Walder didn't even try bargaining for her life, telling Catelyn "I'll find another [wife].

There's a reddit theory that postulates Podrick is a decendent of Rodrick Greyjoy rather than a true Payne, but I don't see the series in any way bothering with Podrick given the limited time left. And, I don't see any imperative for Sansa to marry before the series ends.

17 minutes ago, Lady Dayne said:

There's a reddit theory that postulates Podrick is a decendent of Rodrick Greyjoy rather than a true Payne, but I don't see the series in any way bothering with Podrick given the limited time left. And, I don't see any imperative for Sansa to marry before the series ends.

Is it a theory coupled with another theory that suggests that Tyrion is Podrick's father via Tysha?

See here.

It's wishful thinking, but did I make a point? 

I wouldn't be too unhappy with Sansa winding up with Jon for the same reasons to be honest, except for the fact that they're cousins. But... the North isn't unwelcoming of cousin marriages; Ned Stark's own parents Rickard and Lyarra were cousins.

Of course, it depends on whether or not the Stark line should continue.

19 hours ago, Lady Dayne said:

I've never been a shipper, and I'm not advocating this, but I'm somewhat surprised no one has considered a Sansa + Jon scenario. Sansa's behavior towards Dany makes more sense if it's based in jealousy. 

It could happen... but Jon hates lies and tries to live up to his word... Sansa betrayed his trust.

Also be a bit weird thinking he was your half brother your whole life, then going into a full blown relationship 

Archived