NBA Off-Season 2019 - Bridge Over the River Kawhi

Relic

15 hours ago, Relic said:

Luka is one of the smoothest players I've ever seen. He's like...a top 8 player? Already? It's insane the shit this kid is doing out in the court. 

I'm starting to think he's higher than a top 8, I don't think there's 7 other guys right now I'd want over him for my team.

Mavs just gut punched the Rockets today in Houston https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401160877

These guys are looking super impressive and Doncic, Porzinga, Hardaway with a bunch of depth and roleplayers, they could go scary deep into the post season.

This thread is dead, NBA ratings are down, and i think i know why. Or at least  know why i care less than i ever have about the NBA (besides the Knicks being hilariously bad). I was watching Dallas/Houston last weekend with a friend and i was fucking BORED. Luka was a pleasure to watch but the game itself was basically a 3 point chucking competition. There's more passing in my pick up games IRL than there is in an NBA game these days. It all boils down to a swing on the perimeter, or a drive and kick with very little play making. Personally i dont like watching people heave jumpers every 10 seconds.  Anyone agree?

I think they need to move the 3pt line waaaaay back. It needs to be more of a rare skillshot that is very difficult instead of what it has become now, the central and dominant focus of every NBA offense. That would make NBA games way more entertaining for me anyways.

2 hours ago, Relic said:

This thread is dead, NBA ratings are down, and i think i know why. Or at least  know why i care less than i ever have about the NBA (besides the Knicks being hilariously bad). I was watching Dallas/Houston last weekend with a friend and i was fucking BORED. Luka was a pleasure to watch but the game itself was basically a 3 point chucking competition. There's more passing in my pick up games IRL than there is in an NBA game these days. It all boils down to a swing on the perimeter, or a drive and kick with very little play making. Personally i dont like watching people heave jumpers every 10 seconds.  Anyone agree?

For me it's more about the fact that all these players teaming up basically means small markets are irrelevant and it has killed my interest in the sport.

At least I got to see one title win, though.  Probably never gonna see another.

Personally, I've never really liked watching the full games. It gets dull a lot of the time as the intensity isn't there the whole game. I don't think its so much the 3 point chucking as them just going through the motions. I wonder if the quality of the games will improve if they change the quarters to sets instead. It might just be switching one set of problems for another though. I've read an article on a 3v3? league that plays to x points and whoever reaches it first wins. That concept sounds good as well.

Let's be honest here and say that no team gives anywhere near their 100% effort until the last 10 or 15 (20 at best) matches of the regular season when playoff spots are on the line. Combine that with the fact that a couple of teams are tanking each season and superstars are being rested more and more often and you end up with a pretty uncompetitive league for most of the season. It's no wonder that people are losing interest.

While I recognize the stat I’m about to cite is meaningless, it’s still fun to mock the Knicks.

Since the Fall of 2018, the Knicks have 21 wins.
Over that same time period, the Patriots also have 21 wins.

Who is going to be first to 22?

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

While I recognize the stat I’m about to cite is meaningless, it’s still fun to mock the Knicks.

Since the Fall of 2018, the Knicks have 21 wins.
Over that same time period, the Patriots also have 21 wins.

Who is going to be first to 22?

Fuck off. 

5 hours ago, Relic said:

Fuck off. 

Be grateful I didn’t include the playoffs. Oh, wait, that’s right, you’re a Knicks fan. Let me help:

play·off
/ˈplāˌôf/
noun
plural noun: playoffs
  1. an additional game or period of play that decides the outcome of a tied contest.
    "a sudden-death playoff was required to settle the tournament"
    • a series of contests played to determine the winner of a championship, as between the leading teams in different divisions or leagues.
      "Chandler was credited with taking his team to the playoffs"

If the Pats go on another run and with the Super Bowl, do you think the Knicks can cover those six wins over their next 61 games?

43 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Be grateful I didn’t include the playoffs. Oh, wait, that’s right, you’re a Knicks fan. Let me help:

If the Pats go on another run and with the Super Bowl, do you think the Knicks can cover those six wins over their next 61 games?

The play at the time stamp in this vid perfectly illustrates the last twenty years of being a Knick fan. (at the 54 second mark)

lol the Knicks fired another head coach. awesomeeeeee. How the FUCK can you blame the coach for this shitty ass bullshit fucking team? What the fuck are Bobby Portis, Marcus Morris, Taj Gibbson and Julius Randle doing on the same fucking team? 

Ugh FUCK YOU DOLAN FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FYCJ YOUFOIFJKSFJAEFDKVBACKDJBVAEGV KAEJV 

Yeah I really don't get firing your coach for losing when you're deliberately tanking.  Must be a prince of Pentos type thing.  Remember the Whoopi Goldberg movie where she became the Knicks coach?  They should just do that for real.

Eh don't worry Knickers Lamelo and Lavar will bring in the "Bigballers circus" next season and you will have deliverance!:bowdown:

They are gonna use old ABA basketballs with Lavars face printed on the balls. It will be so BIGLY.

ETA: Could tanking teams actually beat the Harlem Globetrotters? I have my doubts.

Archived