I don’t want to do this. I don’t. Some one knock me off of it. What’s happening 8/21 in Ireland? “Something carried on the Winds...of Winter?”

4 minutes ago, Winter Blues said:

I don’t want to do this. I don’t. Some one knock me off of it. What’s happening 8/21 in Ireland? “Something carried on the Winds...of Winter?”

Titancon is Aug 22nd in Belfast.  What have you heard about the 21st?

This is the post: 

George was so insistent that TWOW would be announced on notablog, though. . . 

Elio and Linda retweeted it, and I'd like to think that they wouldn't mess with our emotions like that, but I'm very reluctant to get my hopes up. 

7 hours ago, Winter Blues said:

What’s happening 8/21 in Ireland?

People began to say it is another Winterfell Festival. Castle Ward held one of these last september. And then Castle Ward just said in facebook: "PS. It's not Winterfell Festival". Fuck.

Posted (edited)

Well, we don't have long to wait to find out then.  Possibly, an announcement about the new prequel?

Edited by LynnS

Intriguing.I need to know should I take a day off and head there!

It has nothing to do with TWoW, I can say that much. I didn't really think about the wording being so unfortunate, as I was half way to bed when it popped up in my feeds.

It also does not seem to have anything to do with the Winterfell Festival that they have hosted at Castle Ward in the past, apparently. But I'm guessing it's some sort of event aimed at bringing in folks attending Worldcon and Titancon (and NI in general) to visit the site, which has hosted a lot of GoT filming.

I'm guessing this is about the Blood Moon/Long Night pilot episode.  I think they are finished their principle photography and in the editing stages.  If so, I hope we see some trailers. 

if this has ANYTHING to do with the &%!$*@# HBO bullcrap i will, seriously, be wroth.

I'd be cool if it was an announcement for a new Dunk and Egg prequel, or Fire & Blood Volume 2. 

The only thing I don't really have any interest in is the new TV Show prequel, so knowing my luck it will probably be about that. 

A new "Sample Chapter"?

8 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I would love it to be Dunk and Egg or Fire and Blood pt. 2, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Why wish for (even) more supplementary material/side stories when the main story isn't finished, though?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

A new "Sample Chapter"?

Why wish for (even) more supplementary material/side stories when the main story isn't finished, though?

Because we are junkies dude, we’ve been lured in with the cream stuff but now we’ve been held out on for so long that we are willing to sniff crushed up chalk off of a homeless mans dick to get some of that sweet, sweet NECTAR

Edited by FitzChivalry Fartseer

9 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

A new "Sample Chapter"?

If I recall right, GRRM said he will not publish any more Sample Chapters from WoW. Im happy for anything we get, but I don't expect anything tbh.

Who remembers the "advent calendar" thing in some december where everyday a new picture was posted and everyone hoped the last one would be with a release date.

Has to be some years past already, man we were summerchilds! :'D

On 8/7/2019 at 11:42 AM, FitzChivalry Fartseer said:

Because we are junkies dude, we’ve been lured in with the cream stuff but now we’ve been held out on for so long that we are willing to sniff crushed up chalk off of a homeless mans dick to get some of that sweet, sweet NECTAR

Well I guess I'm not. I haven't even read Fire and Blood 1 yet.

hey! 
i almost missed today ...

did the thing that was supposed to happen today happen?

and if so, who can report on it?

9 hours ago, Yaya said:

hey! 
i almost missed today ...

did the thing that was supposed to happen today happen?

and if so, who can report on it?

History of Westeros has pics of them in the castle with GRRM https://twitter.com/WesterosHistory