US Politics - I'm not orange I'mpeach

Which Tyler

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well sure, but from an ideological perspective Biden is rather different than Warren and Sanders. I had always just assumed that >90% of Sanders supporters would eventually go to her when he drops out.

Methinks it demonstrates the ideological divide among the primary electorate is not nearly as pronounced as it appears to be on these threads.

34 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Shep Smith is leaving Fox News. He was their one legitimate journalist (Christopher Wallace gets half credit). Is it a coincidence or an indicator that News division has chosen to join hands with Opinion?

And Barr was talking to Murdoch just yesterday. Coincidence?

35 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

What does your heart tell you? Before you answer, remember that they don't have a heart.

My heart tells me Tucker Carlson threw his applesauce at the wall and held his breath until they promised that Smith would be gone.

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

My heart tells me Tucker Carlson threw his applesauce at the wall and held his breath until they promised that Smith would be gone.

The cut up hot dogs and sippy cup were saved though, right? Right???

1 hour ago, fionwe1987 said:

Learn to read, will you please? 

And all of that to say, none of it is a big deal. It's race. That's the point. You're making a bad point. I won't stoop to what you're doing (insulting me to elevate your point), but I will point out that this is a typical method to employ when you're struggling. Harris had a terrible debate with Tulsi. She looked unprepared and her record was specifically laid bare for people to see as opposed to her talking point she threw at Biden. I may not be remember, because I don't remember anything Biden says or that happens with him, but consider if Tulsi had done the same to him. Would that impact him as much? Maybe not, but because he is an old white man and I don't think people would be too surprised.

If you articulate her point that people are more shocked because of her record as AG and her race/gender, fine. But you implicate race/gender as a way of passing her over.

There's no two ways about it--she came out looking terrible in that exchange with Tulsi, and she was incapable of defending herself. Her hype was that she's a prosecutor, and she'll run circles around Trump. That seems no longer likely. 

If Warren has a moment like that and doesn't drop in polls, I guess I'll cede your point...but everyone who has been heavily hit with legitimate questions about their record has seen big drops in the polls. Biden too.

Just now, sologdin said:

U.S. Military soldiers Kurds Turkey Syria allies heartbroken devastated angry

but at least the revenue stream from trump towers istanbul is safe, so there's that.

Liberals and their fucked up priorities. Amiright???

8 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Since Trump is throwing Guiliani under the bus anyway, do y'all think we can ask him to throw it in reverse to make sure the job gets done?

Although, the end of Guiliani would probably do more to hurt Democrats' impeachment inquiry than anything the Trump team could come up with...decisions, decisions.

At this point I think liberals should take whomever we can to string up from the lamp posts and not get greedy. The nominee can point to all of his associates who deserve the chair. That's the best case, 'cause he ain't leaving office.

Dem's get white house email 'talking points' memo on Ukraine.  Look fairly weak to me, though others here may differ. Second time this has happened in the past few weeks.  Isn't this where Trump starts ordering members of his staff executed?  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-accidentally-sends-ukraine-talking-points-to-democrats-again/ar-AAIE5lp?ocid=ob-fb-enus-580&fbclid=IwAR3RVmRcudPUdsySFRaWvVGj8W35ekQ1BX4zS1NJojguBB1pMnSXzkLGXGo

"We are not concerned with any information Yovanovitch might share, because the President did nothing wrong," the White House email meant for Republicans said. "But we are concerned that Schiff is putting her a precarious position by having her testify in secret without State Department lawyers be present."

"It raises serious questions about why Schiff is willing to put career officials in such risky situations while bullying them with legally unfounded threats of obstruction charges," the email continued.

It added that Schiff "is willing to ride roughshod over fair process and to use career officials to further a baseless political objective."

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well sure, but from an ideological perspective Biden is rather different than Warren and Sanders. I had always just assumed that >90% of Sanders supporters would eventually go to her when he drops out.

Look, those voters would totally vote for a woman. Just not Warren. Or Harris. Or Klobuchar. Or Hilary Clinton. They can't help that every single female candidate coincidentally happens to be totally unacceptable!

3 minutes ago, mormont said:

Look, those voters would totally vote for a woman. Just not Warren. Or Harris. Or Klobuchar. Or Hilary Clinton. They can't help that every single female candidate coincidentally happens to be totally unacceptable!

They're just not AUTHENTIC enough!!!

By the by, Monkey Man. Them Packers are looking good. I almost vomit at the very thought of that McVayan flunkie LeFleur hoisting the Lombardy but just this past spring Bestie and I were lamenting that Rodgers, in spite of his supreme status as the preeminent passer of his age, might retire with only one title to embolden his legacy. 

So be the results of this campaign, then. So be they.

3 minutes ago, Triskele said:

:lol:

Y'know I've never seen The Wire? I know it's a character flaw, but I've just never gotten to it. I've got one more episode of Cherynoble (which is delightfully dark) and then The Boys to get through and Active Jace might have to stump hard against that dreadful bitch Passive Jace to get The Wire onto the docket.

As for as that comment above, for whatever reason (vodka) I thought it was you who posted the comment to which I initially responded until my proof-of-posting review when I discovered that it was in fact that taciturn bear Mormont. At which point I decided not to edit my comment. Out of Free Speech concerns or some likeable consideration, the determination of which I will leave to the reader.

But on a serious note. I linked last week the 538 article mentioning that most Bernie supporters figure to go to Biden if he folds. That comment wasn't particularly remarked upon but I wasn't being glib when I stated that the plight of the worker doesn't seem to be Bernie's followers' main concern. Am I wrong?

Archived