MCUniverse Thread: Visualizing WandaVision

A True Kaniggit

21 hours ago, polishgenius said:

It sounds fake as shit if for no other reason than if Marvel were compiling a movie/series of movies based on Annihilation, Galactus may be in it but he should not be the main villain.

Yeah there’s a lot on that article that doesn’t add up and is based on old, old rumors.

I think the key bit of that article is where he says it’s in ‘the earliest phase of discussions’ which essentially means someone might have floated the idea once in the pub, but it never went further. I’m sure there are plenty of these ideas hanging around that never get worked up.

Cant say that Adam Warlock is getting my heart racing either

I mean, i can imagine a cosmic MCU film called annihilation would make sense but the article reads like me thinking it would make sense and then posting it as a scoop.

On 5/16/2020 at 8:21 AM, polishgenius said:

It sounds fake as shit if for no other reason than if Marvel were compiling a movie/series of movies based on Annihilation, Galactus may be in it but he should not be the main villain.

They had films called civil war, winter soldier and age of Ultron too that were hardly carbon copies of the comic material. Even though it would make the film title less clever, Galactus makes sense as a "big bad" especially when you've recently acquired the rights to use him. But you can't have Galactus without silver surfer so i agree it's still speculative fan fic.

• 2 months later...

Hmn... I hadn't heard he was being considered for Moon Knight, but:

As Iceman?

That'd work too. But wild freak that he is, mightn't Shia be better suited as Nightcrawler? Wolverine? Maybe as one of the hitters from the Hellfire Club?

I have zero issues with this, mind, and goody if they're looking for talent like this for the X-Men. It bodes well.

Sorry! 

Although I read somewhere that's being debated, I feel the same as you.

I'm just not sure after doing the production and marketing-to-date math that some of these studios might be willing to wait quite some time. 29.00 isn't much when a family or a bunch of buds have a viewing party in lieu of the sale of individual movie tickets. Makes you wonder what the theater take actually is. Maybe it's flush in certain circumstances.  

17 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Sorry! 

Although I read somewhere that's being debated, I feel the same as you.

I'm just not sure after doing the production and marketing-to-date math that some of these studios might be willing to wait quite some time. 29.00 isn't much when a family or a bunch of buds have a viewing party in lieu of the sale of individual movie tickets. Makes you wonder what the theater take actually is. Maybe it's flush in certain circumstances.  

Theatres make about 40%.  The studio makes 60% but that would be divided up with distributors, or whoever else gets a cut --- like directors and actors who negotiate for points.

On 8/10/2020 at 10:18 PM, RumHam said:

Aw, thread bump got my hopes up that they were finally caving and releasing Black Widow ala Mulan. 

I think they'll wait and see how Mulan performs first. Although I think the optics of making the first female marvel hero/director film straight to VOD would look bad. Especially for their most prominent female superhero.

It feels like the MCU have been hit quite bad by the effect on hollywood. Not only has it totally messed up their film slate but all the shows that were there to bolster Disney+ have been derailed as well. Luckily the channel seems to be doing fine anyhow (probably due to kids not being at school and needing entertainment).

I get the impression that Disney wants someone else to risk being the first tentpole film to be released before they risk it. But I don't think anyone else really wants to take the risk either. Which is strange as I'd think a lot of people would be quite keen on watching a big screen experience right about now. Not sure I'd do it for black widow but I would for "tenet" or "Dune"

58 minutes ago, red snow said:

I think they'll wait and see how Mulan performs first. Although I think the optics of making the first female marvel hero/director film straight to VOD would look bad. Especially for their most prominent female superhero.

Wasn't that Captain Marvel?

4 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Wasn't that Captain Marvel?

Captain marvel was co-directed. Plus black widow has been around since iron man 2 longer than pretty much all the avengers.

It's interesting they've changed directors for tge sequel but i guess it makes sense given it won't be an origin or set in the 90s. Plus there's quite a bit of heat around the new director and I'm all for seeing what up and coming directors can do with MCU budgets

They were pushing New Mutants commercials pretty hard during the NBA playoffs last night.

Interesting that they seem set to take advantage of the fact that all the tent pole movies are still holding off.  They either think there’s a niche they can take advantage of, or they’re saying “%#&$ it... lets just get the movie out there and wash our hands of it.”

These commercials are very clearly pushing a different angle than the early ones set to Pink Floyd music. :dunno: 

8 hours ago, Rhom said:

They were pushing New Mutants commercials pretty hard during the NBA playoffs last night.

Interesting that they seem set to take advantage of the fact that all the tent pole movies are still holding off.  They either think there’s a niche they can take advantage of, or they’re saying “%#&$ it... lets just get the movie out there and wash our hands of it.”

These commercials are very clearly pushing a different angle than the early ones set to Pink Floyd music. :dunno: 

It's the perfect test dummy/canary. If it bombs it's a fox film and was something Disney considered pulling or releasing on TV anyhow. If it does well then not only will they be releived it made money but more importantly that they can start releasing more important films (to disney and the viewing public). It seems a really good idea to me. The only potential flaw is whether cinemas will reopen just to show this film which would probably be relegated to a lesser screen.

Ideally they could do with a couple of films to entice people (at least have "logan" and "days if future past" back on screen. In the UK it would be good if they extended the "eat out to help out" scheme to cinemas as getting half price snacks and drinks would encourage folk to turn up and also help the cinemas as i believe most of their profits come from food and drink not ticket sales

Maybe it's a contract thing? It's required to have a theatrical release but Disney doesn't really care so why not use it to test the waters. 

I'm not going to a theater anytime soon, but I'm surprisingly hyped for it to hit Disney+. I love horror movies and those evil miners are straight out of My Bloody Valentine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chadwick Bozeman died today of colon cancer.  Article said he had it for four years.  I had no idea he has been sick.  He was only 43.

That really makes me sad.

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

Chadwick Bozeman died today of colon cancer.  Article said he had it for four years.  I had no idea he has been sick.  He was only 43.

That really makes me sad.

I'd noticed he was looking way less bulky in recent films but was hoping it was more his natural size. But the poor soul was fighting cancer all that time. 

I suspect Marvel will at least put the sequel on hiatus and have a rethink on how to go forward. Maybe they'll do some in story explanation/tribute. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone seen New Mutants?  I'm trying to decide when/if I can make time to see it.  Don't want to drag any of my family to it... but also trying to figure out when I can tell the wife I'm taking two hours to go see a bad movie.  :dunno: 

Archived