Do the old--and I do mean old--posters still post here?

MeanMrMustard

18 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Dead? lol - why dead?

You did just kind of randomly disappear after being a long time daily poster. When that happens with posters you're friends with, it does make you wonder. 

Yes, still in Hotlanta...and is it ever hot. 90 degrees and lots of humidity. 

It's 75 on this nice Murderapolis summer morning. 

24 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Yeah, I think there was a lot going on in my personal life (I got divorced from my second husband), and then the TV show started being a big deal and there were just so.many.people posting all the time that it just got to be a bit much. 

SO glad the TV series is over.

Jealous of your 10,000 lakes weather.

I think you bounced a fair bit after that, iirc. But it's irrelevant. I'm happy to see you back, as I'm sure many others are too!

On 7/5/2020 at 3:55 PM, Trebla said:

I think I had a 20 year anniversary a little while back though I didn't start posting regularly until late 2000. By '01 I was always on the board and even traveled to Philly to be a part of the first BwB Worldcon. My mother was afraid the weird internet people were going to harm me. :P

Trebla!  Just stuck my toes back in last week.  Trying to make it a more frequent occasion.  

On 4/27/2020 at 10:05 PM, Jeor said:

Coming up on 20 years now, I think I joined the ezboard back in 2000 sometime when I was in high school and now I'm 34 years old, how crazy.

I vaguely remember partaking in a lot of the wargames stuff on the Songs board. The board wargames were great fun but usually never finished properly because everyone usually resigned or packed it in before the final battles could be fought. I do remember playing on a Northern map once (where @Relic I think was leading the wildling team?). And LCT (Lord Commander Tollett?) created a random character called "Jon O'Beans" who was nowhere to be found but had extremely high Poison and Subterfuge skills, and everyone was freaking out about where he was on the map...

My recollection was that there was a meltdown that killed that game.  IIRC, that last one had @Relic as Cregan Stark - wildling at heart.  I'm running a pen and paper version of the same with my son and a number of his friends now.  

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You did just kind of randomly disappear after being a long time daily poster. When that happens with posters you're friends with, it does make you wonder. 

It's 75 on this nice Murderapolis summer morning. 

It’s been 90 a lot, though. Also aren’t you in the burbs? SLP is hardly murderapolis.

8 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Clearly you're not a numbers guy

Hah, my 2 career choices were accountant or police officer. Then I was involved in an armed robbery at 15 and had a sawn off shotgun stuck in my face and I knew I needed that excitement in my life. I have no idea how i ended up sat behind a desk every day anyway. 

When I was still in high school I wanted to be in the FBI.  There was a small group of us..like three or four...that the school arranged a visit to the local FBI office to discuss how to join up.  The agents we spoke to told us we needed to go to college first and told us the number one most valuable degree for work in the FBI was accounting.  Makes sense.

59 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Jesus, talk about killing the buzz. 

it's fun to charter an accountant
and sail the wide accountancy,
to find, explore the funds offshore
and skirt the shoals of bankruptcy!
It can be manly in insurance.
we'll up your premium semi-annually.
it's all tax deductible.
we're fairly incorruptible,
we're sailing on the wide accountancy!

5 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

It’s been 90 a lot, though. Also aren’t you in the burbs? SLP is hardly murderapolis.

Not at 10AM, and my mail still says Minneapolis :-P (I mean, I can see Uptown from my house). It's not like I'm one of those fucking Cake Eaters, after all.

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Jesus, talk about killing the buzz. 

Chats knows how to get things back to cracking.

But then again life could be a lot more fun without you lawmen, though I do appreciate you when you're needed.

(accounting and finance was what I initially went to college for as well)

3 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

When I was still in high school I wanted to be in the FBI.  There was a small group of us..like three or four...that the school arranged a visit to the local FBI office to discuss how to join up.  The agents we spoke to told us we needed to go to college first and told us the number one most valuable degree for work in the FBI was accounting.  Makes sense.

I was so bummed at a job fair for college seniors when the recruiter for the FBI told me they were only looking to hire vets. And that's how I found myself applying to be an intelligence officer in the Navy (I got accepted, but didn't go). 

December 4, 2007, so one of those middle boarders, neither Ezboard vet or floob. I just wandered over to see if anyone was still around and so this thread is an utter delight.

15 hours ago, hauberk said:

Trebla!  Just stuck my toes back in last week.  Trying to make it a more frequent occasion.  

Welcome back, Loin Cloth!!! :D

6 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

FaceBook. Urg. Sometimes I disable my profile for a while and take a break. The last time, I noticed that there are a TON more ads, when I came back.

I deleted it from my phone just prior to our shelter in place back in March.  Have not been on in any fashion since early May.  Aside from a few people that I really only hear from there, it's been much healthier for me mentally and emotionally.  I've had far too many positive impression of friends and family shattered by the ignorant garbage that they post or share.  

Totally, Haub. I completely dumped Facebook about three years ago and am still enjoying the subsequent uptick in quality of life. Twitter, which I joined shortly after shares some similarities, but imo it's more informative and easier to curate. 

Archived