Sign in to follow this  
Zorral

Covid 19 and Your Life #2: It's Personal

4 hours ago, The Great Unwashed said:

So, I haven't had a haircut in 4 months now, and my hair is the longest it's been since I was a kid. What I've discovered is that the hair at the nape of my neck, since it's naturally curly, naturally grows into almost a perfect duck's-ass. I'm unironically rocking a hairstyle that went out of style about 60 years ago.

Along that vein, I noticed today that I'm kind of rocking the masked look (don't get me wrong, I'm a C.H.U.D. unmasked). I'm wondering if I can still get away with the mask when this is all over. 

Went to three different sporting goods stores to try and buy some dumbbells to expand my workout at home now that my torn cartilage is finally starting to heal, and the pickings were fucking slim. I managed to put together a hodgepodge good enough to get me by for a while, but I'm going to have to figure out a better plan going forward.

My hair hasn't been this long in years. And since I'm only washing it once or twice a week, man, it's getting really curly. It always was on the side and back, but I've never seen it quite like this.

Also, I finally got my beard to fully connect. I've never really grown one, but hells yeah. 

As far as weight training equipment goes, we've been lamenting in the exercise thread the inability to buy certain things. I really want these. I'm buying a pair the moment I can find them in stock without being priced gouged.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

My hair hasn't been this long in years. And since I'm only washing it once or twice a week, man, it's getting really curly. It always was on the side and back, but I've never seen it quite like this.

Also, I finally got my beard to fully connect. I've never really grown one, but hells yeah. 

As far as weight training equipment goes, we've been lamenting in the exercise thread the inability to buy certain things. I really want these. I'm buying a pair the moment I can find them in stock without being priced gouged.

Those would be awesome, and a hell of a lot cheaper than buying them all individually.

14 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Those would be awesome, and a hell of a lot cheaper than buying them all individually.

Problem is everything is out of stock no matter what you're looking for. 

I was also looking at Peloton bikes, and the site is so goofy. I think I'd just rather buy a new bike than deal with that shit. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Problem is everything is out of stock no matter what you're looking for. 

I was also looking at Peloton bikes, and the site is so goofy. I think I'd just rather buy a new bike than deal with that shit. 

Yeah, I asked at all the places I went when they were expecting a re-stock, and none of them could say. 

The Peloton commercial irks me so badly I doubt I'll ever get one.

Imma about to try cutting Our Hairs.  Still haven't gotten up the juice, still looking at videos -- not that they will do my utter lack of intuition - talent in this area any good.  Or my partner's. Sigh.  But something needs to be done.

2 hours ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Yeah, I asked at all the places I went when they were expecting a re-stock, and none of them could say. 

The Peloton commercial irks me so badly I doubt I'll ever get one.

I'm just more bothered that I have to pay for the bike and a monthly subscription. 

That's why I really just want the weights, and a better adjustable bench. 

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

Imma about to try cutting Our Hairs.  Still haven't gotten up the juice, still looking at videos -- not that they will do my utter lack of intuition - talent in this area any good.  Or my partner's. Sigh.  But something needs to be done.

My hair is looking wild. It's similar to Jules in Pulp Fiction, but for a Jewish white guy. I don't even want to cut it. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I had a job interview with a mask on my face. No handshaking either. At one point, the interviewer (who herself was wearing a mask) asked me to take it off just for a minute to at least see my face. It is so weird talking to people with masks on, you cannot see their expressions at all.

Good luck! I had two rounds of panel interviews via Skype which was it's own kind of weird. Also very poor lighting in my kitchen. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm just more bothered that I have to pay for the bike and a month subscription. 

That's why I really just want the weights, and a better adjustable bench. 

My hair is looking wild. It's similar to Jules in Pulp Fiction, but for a Jewish white guy. I don't even want to cut it. 

I found a decent adjustable bench. I'm just bummed that I don't have room to set up a deadlift/squat rack.

Re: my new hairdo, I think I'm going to keep the length up top for a while, as soon as I can get the party in back sorted out.

Edited by The Great Unwashed

23 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I found a decent adjustable bench. I'm just bummed that I don't have room to set up a deadlift/squat rack.

Re: my new hairdo, I think I'm going to keep the length up top for a while, as soon as I can get the party in back sorted out.

Southern redneck! 

5 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Good luck! I had two rounds of panel interviews via Skype which was it's own kind of weird. Also very poor lighting in my kitchen. 

Thank you, and good luck to you too! I would be most scared of the Internet disconnecting if I had a Skype interview.

Boo, I might be on furlough awhile still. My work is reliant upon other businesses letting us come in to do our thing. I don't know that many businesses will want unnecessary outsiders roaming around too soon. I've got stuff I can keep busy with, an on-call job, and unemployment, so I can't really complain.

Quarantine has not really impacted my look, except I often wear updos that don't look cute on me since I'm just sitting in a lot anyway. I was already trimming my own hair, so that's still going on. I also wear a t-shirt about everyday with sweatpants or gym shorts, haha.

Edited by Lizard Queen

Nvm. Wrong time for that kind of post. 

Edited by Tywin et al.