Police #2: Burning down the house

Fragile Bird

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

No.  The second amendment is as arcane as the third, which is preserving the right against soldiers quartering within one's household.  Neither have much use in a state with a very large and armed police force.

Fuck you if you think I'll let anyone of those Eurocommies force themselves into my place!

13 minutes ago, DMC said:

No.  The second amendment is as arcane as the third, which is preserving the right against soldiers quartering within one's household.  Neither have much use in a state with a very large and armed police force.

I'm confused.  If the police are the devils, why are we so comfortable in letting them be the only ones who are armed?

40 minutes ago, DMC said:

The second amendment is as arcane as the third,

Don't discount the possibility that redcoats will come into your home, and then seize the remote control, forcing you to watch hours of Downtown Abbey, causing you to miss reruns of the Dukes of Hazzard.

Us third amendment rights activist are making sure that never happens. Don't discount the third amendment!

16 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Don't discount the possibility that redcoats will come into your home, and then seize the remote control, forcing you to watch hours of Downtown Abbey, causing you to miss reruns of the Dukes of Hazzard.

Us third amendment rights activist are making sure that never happens. Don't discount the third amendment!

Please,  GBBO   every episode from the very first season, and all the Extra slices.

its either that or Mrs Browns Boys,  in which case use your 2nd amendment to blow out your own brains,

@OldGimletEye

I just wanted to clarify something I said a while ago, about Minnesota having a law that put a positive obligation on police officers to stop another police officer from committing a crime.

I said that because someone on CNN stated that as a fact. That was incorrect - what they did was re-write the police manual to make it a clear duty for a police officer to step in to stop another officer doing something wrong. 

It may be their police act makes it a requirement to follow the rules in the police manual.

I have now seen people calling on Minnesota to take that obligation in the police manual and turn it into a law.

8 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

@OldGimletEye

I just wanted to clarify something I said a while ago, about Minnesota having a law that put a positive obligation on police officers to stop another police officer from committing a crime.

I said that because someone on CNN stated that as a fact. That was incorrect - what they did was re-write the police manual to make it a clear duty for a police officer to step in to stop another officer doing something wrong. 

It may be their police act makes it a requirement to follow the rules in the police manual.

I have now seen people calling on Minnesota to take that obligation in the police manual and turn it into a law.

Thanks. I think it should clearly be turned into a law.  That seems like a no-brainer. There should be no doubt that a police officer should be required to intervene when one of his fellow officers acts inappropriately.

If not before, by the time that Chauvin used an unauthorized procedure, one of them should have step in.

Anyway, even without an explicit statue on this particular matter, I think it quite possible that the police manual itself might be sufficient to have created an affirmative duty on the other police officers to act.

Also, I took a look at the Minnesota complicity statue and the relevant statue says:

Subd. 2.Expansive liability. A person liable under subdivision 1 is also liable for any other crime committed in pursuance of the intended crime if reasonably foreseeable by the person as a probable consequence of committing or attempting to commit the crime intended.

Now my understanding is that the particular hold that Chauvin used was not taught by the police department and not authorized for the very reason that it was known to be dangerous, and police officers were aware of that. So I think that meets the "reasonably foreseeable" requirement of the statue and because they took actions from stopping others from intervening.

Disregard. I fucked up on reading this. So what I said doesn't work.

1 hour ago, OldGimletEye said:

Believe it or not there was a third amendment case a couple of years back.  The SCOTUS held the third does not prevent police from commandering your home for a steak out.  It only applies to military occupation of homes.

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Believe it or not there was a third amendment case a couple of years back.  The SCOTUS held the third does not prevent police from commandering your home for a steak out.  It only applies to military occupation of homes.

Thanks. Its pretty scary to think the police can just commandeer your home.

15 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Also, I took a look at the Minnesota complicity statue and the relevant statue says:

Now my understanding is that the particular hold that Chauvin used was not taught by the police department and not authorized for the very reason that it was known to be dangerous, and police officers were aware of that. So I think that meets the "reasonably foreseeable" requirement of the statue and because they took actions from stopping others from intervening.

Disregard. I fucked up on reading this. So what I said doesn't work.

The reporting is spotty.

I saw on the news that like 250-300 people were chocked out by the police here and over 40 were brought in unconscious. 

33 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

OMG! Not the barbecue too!

8 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

https://twitter.com/robferdman/status/1267555994709655553?s=19

If this turns out to be true, that all the Louisville cops had their body cams off, they should all be fired immediately and all prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, as accomplices or co-conspirators or whatever.

I'm truly shocked to find that a potential source of information to corroborate or refute the police story in this incident was tampered with. Messing with your body cam needs to be treated as evidence of intent to break the rules.

29 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

https://twitter.com/robferdman/status/1267555994709655553?s=19

If this turns out to be true, that all the Louisville cops had their body cams off, they should all be fired immediately and all prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, as accomplices or co-conspirators or whatever.

All the cops in the NYPD are covering up their badges. 

Wouldn't shock me. The cops are having a riot. Giving us rubber bullet kisses and baton courtesies with a sadists smile.

Archived