Watch, Watched, Watching: I missed the last thread?

RedEyedGhost

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

You know, looking at this description, I don't think I have seen any of them barring 1-3, 5 and Hobbs & Shaw. The first three are nostalgic (although I agree with @Tywin et al. earlier description of those), five I saw because it was reviewed favorably and H&S because I wanted to see another dumb Rock movie. I think I only ever saw trailers on tv for the others, but it is marvelous how you can basically follow the entire franchise just from the trailers and occasional snippet. 

Oh it was a dumb Rock movie from the parts I saw. Oddly enough he's usually really good in his kids' movie roles. 

28 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

I don't recall if I've ever seen any F&F after Tokyo Drift?  I don't think so...and I know for sure I haven't seen Hobbs & Shaw.

Let me know when they're flying nuclear submarines between buildings and maybe I'll tune back in:P

Jumping from building to building in fast cars wasn't enough for you?

I'm just waiting to see how they'll get us to cars.....in space!!!!!

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nah...after seeing the first few F&F movies, jumping cars between skyscrapers doesn't stretch the laws of physics nearly far enough to hold my interest anymore:P

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think it is inevitable at some point in the franchise they will have to defend the Earth from aliens by driving really really fast.

8 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Nah...after seeing the first few F&F movies, jumping cars between skyscrapers doesn't stretch the laws of physics nearly far enough to hold my interest anymore:P

We're working our way there:

46 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

We're working our way there:

I barely remember the plot of that movie but it has so many great jokes. The whole thing about the the tuna getting a taste for lion and establishing a beachhead, Micheal Keton and his second job, the wooden gun, Dirty Mike and the boys, "if I want to hear you talk I'll shove my hand up your ass and work you like a puppet!" 

I fucking loathe wahlberg, but that movie is funny as hell. 

34 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

You guys should really just start a F&F thread. This is as bad as having to scroll through multiple pages of Harry Potter talk. :P

Hey, gotta do something while we're waiting for the extremely-messed-up-due-to-COVID NFL season to start:( 

28 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You deserve the Bengals. 

Now that's just mean!

On topic, I haven't watched anything good worth mentioning here in awhile (and what I have has already been mentioned anyway).  I do appreciate this thread for recs, though.  Mrs. PotN and Princess of the North keep telling me to watch The Umbrella Academy so maybe I'll give that try soon?  Been whiling away my free time more with video games lately.

28 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I barely remember the plot of that movie but it has so many great jokes. The whole thing about the the tuna getting a taste for lion and establishing a beachhead, Micheal Keton and his second job, the wooden gun, Dirty Mike and the boys, "if I want to hear you talk I'll shove my hand up your ass and work you like a puppet!" 

I fucking loathe wahlberg, but that movie is funny as hell. 

I really liked WF's character discussing his dissent into becoming a pimp drug dealer. 

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

In what world are some cheesy car movies and kids flying around on brooms on par with a Goodfellas or a Mean Streets? 

Not everyone has a taste for a certain genre, regardless of the quality of certain movies. This thread should have room for all.

Edit: I have no love for the FF franchise, but it was fun discussing how badly we all remember them.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Discussing great directors is one thing.  Discussing a ridiculous action franchise that has absolutely no discernible merit whatsoever is entirely another.

Don't judge people. And mocking a ridiculous action franchises for a few pages is exactly what internet forums exist for. :P

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Don't judge people. And mocking a ridiculous action franchises for a few pages is exactly what internet forums exist for. :P

So is judging people!

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

In what world are some cheesy car movies and kids flying around on brooms on par with a Goodfellas or a Mean Streets? 

I mean, this is America, where the all mighty $$$ is God, so technically the franchises about witches and flying cars and the franchise about cars falling gracefully in the sky are of more value than Goodfellas. :P

Archived