Watch, Watched, Watching: I missed the last thread?

RedEyedGhost

Tokyo Drift is Karate Kid with cars. Quite fun though.

2 and 4 are dreadful, 5 and 6 are the best though 8 is fun too. The defining factor of the series is that it's become essentially immune to shark jumping so it can do what it wants.  

15 hours ago, DMC said:

Any post devoted to Fast and Furious is too far.

It's the best big movie franchise going so pish tush. I was more hyped for Hobbes and Shaw than I was for Endgame. Was a better movie too even though it didn't have anything as cool as On Your Left.

I am nearing the end of season 2 of Lucifer.  Its preposterousosity is as extreme as the constant near nakedness of some its (many) very beautiful female characters, and the frequent near nakedness of some of its beautiful male characters. Some of which characters are extremely drawn to donning bondage garb, or at least bondage-type garb.  This show is entertaining, though ... maybe ... not extremely entertaining?  But it is reliably entertaining, if only due to near nakedness of very beautiful people?  some of them also drink a great deal of extremely appealing alcoholic beverages:whip:

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

Tokyo Drift is the only one I've seen most of too. Though I gotta say this thread has tempted me to watch the others. I get why they're going fast but remind me what are they so furious about? 

The series did get more fun (I'm not sure I'd necessarily say good) in the later films once it realised street racing isn't actually that interesting and decided to turn into a ludicrous blend of heist and spy movie.

16 hours ago, Isis said:

Last night I watched Lost in Translation for the first time and I though I fully expected it to be an anti-climax...it really was an anti-climax. I feel like I could have just turned off after the opening shot and not really have missed out on anything. It just felt weak and watery and and it didn't really have very much to say for itself. 

Now this is a movie that insists upon itself.

15 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Now this is a movie that insists upon itself.

Agreed.  I remember watching it with my longtime college girlfriend.  When it was over I was like "ugh" and she was like "wtf you talking about that was amazing!"  Shoulda broke up with her then, saved us both a lot of wasted time.

Never knew people hated Lost in Translation like that. I personally liked it. Bill Murray is always great in everything (he’s a national treasure as far as I’m concerned). I can’t remember if I saw LiT or Ghost World first, but it was evident ScarJo was going to be a star from very early on. 

I recall physically watching LiT, but remember fuck all about it. Murray and Johansen at a restaurant or something... in Japan... Raining? Idk... Not many highlights from what I remember besides ScarJo.

9 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Never knew people hated Lost in Translation like that. I personally liked it. Bill Murray is always great in everything (he’s a national treasure as far as I’m concerned). I can’t remember if I saw LiT or Ghost World first, but it was evident ScarJo was going to be a star from very early on. 

Just because there are good actors in a film that doesn't mean the film is necessarily good. I mean, it wasn't terrible. I just didn't feel like I took anything/s away from it which hasn't been done much better in other films.

57 minutes ago, Isis said:

Just because there are good actors in a film that doesn't mean the film is necessarily good. I mean, it wasn't terrible. I just didn't feel like I took anything/s away from it which hasn't been done much better in other films.

I mean, in a film like that, in which it’s basically about the relationship between two characters, strong performances and good chemistry counts for a lot. Which I thought it had. :dunno:

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

Finally watching the thick of it. Enjoyable, but I'm really disappointed in Malcolm Tucker. Not that he's bad, just that he is nowhere near as good as I was led to beleive. 

You may have missed the moment for it. Back when it started - around 2003? 2004? - I think the style of The Thick of It & Capaldi's portrayal of Tucker seemed more new and shocking. Especially since the sitcom that seemed the most obvious point of comparison Yes, Minister was such a genteel comedy of manners set alongside it. (Not knocking the latter - I love it to pieces). 

Still like Tucker grabbing two mobile phones so he could bollock both victims at once. Though that might have been In the Loop, the spin-off movie. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

I mean, in a film like that, in which it’s basically about the relationship between two characters, strong performances and good chemistry counts for a lot. Which I thought it had. :dunno:

Didn't take long for someone to play the good chemistry card, huh? :rolleyes: (I almost wrote this in my previous post) Yes, they are good actors and they had 'chemistry' in that they were convincing in their roles, but did I care about what happened to either of their characters? Fuck, no. It was all so bland and forgetable and unimaginative.

Started watching S2 of 13 Reasons Why last night. I can't even remember why I stalled after watching one or two episodes of it.

29 minutes ago, Isis said:

Didn't take long for someone to play the good chemistry card, huh? :rolleyes: (I almost wrote this in my previous post) Yes, they are good actors and they had 'chemistry' in that they were convincing in their roles, but did I care about what happened to either of their characters? Fuck, no. It was all so bland and forgetable and unimaginative.

You seem pretty worked up (which is strange over something you found so mediocre). I don’t really feel that strongly about it tbh. All I said was I liked it. Never claimed it was a masterpiece. 

Archived