7railer 7hread 7

SpaceChampion

10 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Very interested in this though and good to see Rebecca Ferguson again in something. I remember her in MI:5 and she really stole that film. Thought she'd blow up after that, but I can't claim that I remember a lot of big or prestigious films with her in it.

Dune might be one of the biggest films she's been in but of course that got delayed.

1 hour ago, williamjm said:

Dune might be one of the biggest films she's been in but of course that got delayed.

I checked her IMDB yesterday and she's been in quite a few things since MI. It just so happens to be projects I was either not aware off or shit I wouldn't touch with a 10 feet pole (Men in Black International). Good to see her in this and in Dune. She was a real revelation for me in MI:5 so I hope she gets around :) 

5 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I checked her IMDB yesterday and she's been in quite a few things since MI. It just so happens to be projects I was either not aware off or shit I wouldn't touch with a 10 feet pole (Men in Black International). Good to see her in this and in Dune. She was a real revelation for me in MI:5 so I hope she gets around :) 

She was great in Doctor Sleep.  And she'll be in the Wool tv series.

9 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

She was great in Doctor Sleep.  And she'll be in the Wool tv series.

I heard good things about Doctor Sleep. Will have to bump it up now that I know she plays a part in it :)

The Wool project seems interesting. I just finished Graham Yost's previous show Justified, so he's earned my attention.

4 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I heard good things about Doctor Sleep. Will have to bump it up now that I know she plays a part in it :)

If you can make sure you see the director's cut. HBO max has it under extras. It's much better. 

22 hours ago, RumHam said:

If you can make sure you see the director's cut. HBO max has it under extras. It's much better. 

So you are not a fan of the original? Quite surprised there is already a director's cut for such a recent film!

47 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

So you are not a fan of the original? Quite surprised there is already a director's cut for such a recent film!

I saw the director's cut only, it probably makes much more sense that the theatrical cut.

7 hours ago, Veltigar said:

The original wasn't bad just a little rushed. The director's cut has a few more scenes connecting to The Shining and the villains are explained better. 

24 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

What is much better about it? I thought the version i saw was pretty disappointing 

It's been a while since I've watched the original version, but this article goes over a lot of it:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2550195/doctor-sleep-directors-cut-key-differences-from-the-theatrical-cut

27 minutes ago, RumHam said:

It's been a while since I've watched the original version, but this article goes over a lot of it:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2550195/doctor-sleep-directors-cut-key-differences-from-the-theatrical-cut

Thanks, I can see how that would improve some scenes. Can’t say that it would improve my overall opinion of the movie however.. but I tend to fault Stephen King for that 

20 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Thanks, I can see how that would improve some scenes. Can’t say that it would improve my overall opinion of the movie however.. but I tend to fault Stephen King for that 

Why?

4 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Why?

Same conversation going on in the watched thread but essentially I think the story is bad, in the way that many of Kings stories are bad, and so I’m putting the movies problems down to the source material. 

I admire a lot of the technical effort gone into Doctor Sleep , but there is a lot I really don’t like.

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Same conversation going on in the watched thread but essentially I think the story is bad, in the way that many of Kings stories are bad, and so I’m putting the movies problems down to the source material. 

I admire a lot of the technical effort gone into Doctor Sleep , but there is a lot I really don’t like.

I guess I was more looking for an explanation for your "shitting all over the shining" comment which I didn't really get in the other thread in terms of blaming the story on King because the ending of Dr Sleep the movie is not the ending of Dr Sleep the book.  Dr Sleep the book is a sequel to the Shining the book, Dr Sleep the movie is a sequel to the Shining the movie.  If that makes sense without spoiling anything.

1 minute ago, Slurktan said:

I guess I was more looking for an explanation for your "shitting all over the shining" comment which I didn't really get in the other thread in terms of blaming the story on King because the ending of Dr Sleep the movie is not the ending of Dr Sleep the book.  Dr Sleep the book is a sequel to the Shining the book, Dr Sleep the movie is a sequel to the Shining the movie.  If that makes sense without spoiling anything.

I haven’t read the book, how is the ending different ?

Just now, Heartofice said:

I haven’t read the book, how is the ending different ?

Well the hotel doesn't exist in the book since it was blown up by Jack in the Shining. And of course Danny doesn't die in the book because he doesn't need to blow up the hotel to correct the movie version.

Archived