NFL 2020: Beckham and The Brownies

l2 0 5 5

Compound fracture for Dak.  Surgery tonight.  On the day Alex Smith returns from nearly losing his leg and his life to football.

If I ever begrudge a player for holding out instead of demanding every damn penny they deserve, I hereby give @Jace, Basilissa permission to flog me with a wet noodle while trapping me in the pit I feel certain she has dug in her basement.

7 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Compound fracture for Dak.  Surgery tonight.  On the day Alex Smith returns from nearly losing his leg and his life to football.

If I ever begrudge a player for holding out instead of demanding every damn penny they deserve, I hereby give @Jace, Basilissa permission to flog me with a wet noodle while trapping me in the pit I feel certain she has dug in her basement.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

To me, he's doing all the things you want to see your head coach doing, and none of the things I am used to seeing Browns head coaches doing.  He's managing the clock well, not burning timeouts stupidly, getting his play calls in on time (something Kitchens had a huge issue with last year), coming into games with a game plan that works, and generally making good play calls.  He's also got the team playing with discipline.  They were one of the most penalized teams in the league last year, but that hasn't been an issue at all this season.

Right now the limitation is Mayfield.  He's missing a lot of throws he needs to make and he had one really bad pick today, along with another pass that should have been picked.  I'm not going to blame him too much for the second interception, though, as he got hammered while he was throwing.  Shit happens.  

Stefanski has built an offense that fits the team he has, though, and that's not something I've been able to say about a Browns coach since, well, ever?  At least in my life.  

The long-suffering folks in northeastern Ohio deserve some glimpses of competence after decades of stupidity.  Good for them.

Archived