NFL 2020: Beckham and The Brownies

l2 0 5 5

4 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I think it was incomplete, but it was called fumble on the field and was ridiculously close. Call stands.

They recovered the ball with two seconds as everyone screamed timeout. The refs ignored it even though it was already a bad call then just didn't even look at it. It was clear they were ready to end the game. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

They recovered the ball with two seconds as everyone screamed timeout. The refs ignored it even though it was already a bad call then just didn't even look at it. It was clear they were just ready to end the game. 

Eh, with the fumble recovery it's not like the guy stepped out of bounds. There were people fighting for the ball. A 2 second delay while they see who has it is perfectly normal to me. They didn't start blowing the whistle until the clock hit 0

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Eh, with the fumble recovery it's not like the guy stepped out of bounds. There were people fighting for the ball. A 2 second delay while they see who has it is perfectly normal to me. They didn't start blowing the whistle until the clock hit 0

The key is they didn't even bother to look. They made two mistakes and decided to add a third by not even checking themselves. That's pretty shitty.

I'm not sure about the call you all are talking about because I was listening on the radio and couldn't see it.  Vikings...I'd far prefer Seattle smoke every team by a hundred points but it seems that isn't to be.  Ah well.  Seattle won so all is right with the world of football. 

Seattle were so bad in the first half.  Vikings had a good game plan and worked it well but Seattle were slow to adapt.  The OL struggled to protect even with Vikes playing a conservative coverage.  The DL couldn’t stop Cook.  But it seemed obvious that Seattle needed to make some passes to TEs and slot to vary the depth and disrupt the safeties helping the CBs, and they needed to bring a couple of ILBs more aggressively into pass rush and run blocking. 

Great that they eked out a win, and nice to see Metcalf make some really good TD catches, even if he struggled with some missed catches too (as did others).  I’m worried that Bobby Wagner looked slow to the ball.  He still tackles really well and reads the game well, but several times he didn’t reach Cook in time.  Barton showed much better speed at LB.  They have enough talent to stroll into the play-offs but it’s hard to be great if you’re getting dominated at the line in both directions.

The biggest problem with this game is that watching on Hulu Live is absolute garbage.  I started the game late but could not fast forward through the ads, and then it started randomly jumping my view backward by 10-20 minutes to redo the last ad break.  

Another week and another shit show from Dallas and now lost Dak for who knows how long. The only saving grace is that we have a competent back up in the red rocket. 

I wouldn't mind a tank job at this point to get a QB in the draft since you don't know Daks future but Dallas will win just enough to get a mid round pick again.

10 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Another week and another shit show from Dallas and now lost Dak for who knows how long. The only saving grace is that we have a competent back up in the red rocket. 

I wouldn't mind a tank job at this point to get a QB in the draft since you don't know Daks future but Dallas will win just enough to get a mid round pick again.

Red Rifle. Or as JJ Watt called him the “Red Ryder BB gun” :lol:

11 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Herbert lighting it up against the Saints. This could end up being a very good QB class along with Burrow and Tua. 

Really the only thing I'm worried about with Burrow is the Bengals breaking him.  Drafting a QB first overall and then doing absolutely nothing to shore up the offensive line was just irresponsible.  The Browns did the same thing to Mayfield last year and it ended...poorly.

6 hours ago, briantw said:

Really the only thing I'm worried about with Burrow is the Bengals breaking him.  Drafting a QB first overall and then doing absolutely nothing to shore up the offensive line was just irresponsible. 

Name ONE time that's happened.

[this is a joke]

Archived