NFL 2020: Vanity of Vanity; All is Vanity

Jace, Extat

29 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

He can still throw from a clean pocket! Good for him, this game might get him a job next year. The other two were abysmal, I legit thought he was toast. But the Pats have no pressure so he's looking good. Real good.

Has any American athlete parlayed one good month into more than Flacco?

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I guess I played myself because @briantw will just retort with, "Wiggins was never good for a month and got a $150m contract out of it."

Honestly forgot Wiggins even existed, although I didn't really follow the NBA at all this year.  Didn't watch a single playoff game.

17 minutes ago, briantw said:

Honestly forgot Wiggins even existed, although I didn't really follow the NBA at all this year.  Didn't watch a single playoff game.

Why? The quality of play in some series was excellent. 

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

Really was.  

Best playoffs I can remember in a long time.

I'm still curious to see a statistical breakdown. This is the incredibly rare chance to really see what home court advantage really means.

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why? The quality of play in some series was excellent. 

When the Cavs are bad I tend to check out on the NBA.  It's not like the NFL for me where I watch most of the games, although that's probably more due to fantasy football than anything.  Never got into fantasy basketball.  Too much micromanagement required. 

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So Big Ben has COVID and both his knees are injured. There goes that undefeated season.

Close contact with COVID. Five day quarantine and can play if he doesn’t test positive. The knees a real problem either way. 

I wonder if Tom "I just lost by the biggest margin in my career" Brady and Bill "I have a losing season for the first time in 400 years, barely beat the Jets and virtually no chance at the playoffs" Belichick are wishing they'd hired a counselor instead of breaking up.

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I wonder if Tom "I just lost by the biggest margin in my career" Brady and Bill "I have a losing season for the first time in 400 years, barely beat the Jets and virtually no chance at the playoffs" Belichick are wishing they'd hired a counselor instead of breaking up.

As if Tom should be expected to put up with Bill's wandering eyes! He's more than the Bucs deserve.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

As if Tom should be expected to put up with Bill's wandering eyes! He's more than the Bucs deserve.

Those rebound things never work,.  Already, I think? that Arians has called Tom out publicly more in 1/2 a season than BB did in all the years they were together.. 

Dallas finally gets their starting safety back after being out 7 weeks and now our rookie CB Diggs is likely out the rest of the season with a broken bone in his foot.  C'mon high draft pick and take the best CB in the draft

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Those rebound things never work,.  Already, I think? that Arians has called Tom out publicly more in 1/2 a season than BB did in all the years they were together.. 

While Belichick was famous for mocking Brady for his mistakes in team meetings, I don't think he ever criticized him publicly. I wonder how Tommy Boy feels about that.

15 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

While Belichick was famous for mocking Brady for his mistakes in team meetings, I don't think he ever criticized him publicly. I wonder how Tommy Boy feels about that.

Probably just recognizes that if Bruce Arians was 2/3 the coach Belichick is the Bucs would go 25-0, then gets back to being the greatest ever on a stacked team.

Archived