US Politics - Count All The Posts

Relic

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I. Can't. Resist:

While using a "Legal Defense Fund" to pay off one's debts is quite likely unique, losing candidates employing their remaining influence to settle campaign debts in one way or another is decidedly standard operating procedure.  Hillary famously leveraged her endorsement and email list in order to get Obama to assume her debt in 2008.

18 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Provisional ballots in PA seem to be going Trump and are more like election day ballots, according to NBC.

Just found the quote in your NBC video. As that analyst acknowledges provisional ballots have only be counted in smaller red counties at the moment. And they're breaking pretty much exactly the same as the county margin they're from.

A large portion of them (40k+) are in Philly and haven't been touched, the election day vote there was still extremely blue. If those go red (and they'd have to be going 70%+ Trump to flip the state) there's a problem. Until then looks like they're basically a wash - which is a win if you're ahead.

The elections chair in Erie County, Pa., said about 1,500 provisional ballots were cast there, and they’ve been about evenly split Trump-Biden. Biden’s lead will change little. See Pennsylvania results ›

A good data point for a county that is not Trump leaning but almost equal (slightly shaded Biden). I like this new drop

15 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

The Election That Broke the Republican Party
By lashing themselves to the president’s desperate conspiracies of fraud, GOP officials have undermined their own legitimacy.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/11/06/the-election-that-broke-the-republican-party-434797

Also, by putting forward unqualified morons as presidential candidates for the last, what, two decades plus, the GOP officials have undermined their own legitimacy.

By ascribing to Lee Atwater's hateful lust for power, the GOP officials have undermined their own legitimacy.

Who was the last Republican presidential candidate who was an actual Republican and also qualified to be President, Bob Dole?  The GOP leadership has been in fail mode for a long time.

Donald Trump - A carnival barker

Mitt Romney - A trust baby failson

John McCain - One of the Keating Five

George Bush the Younger - Nice, dim guy who surrounded himself with power-hungry evildoers

If the Republican leadership want to do some serious introspection, they might consider this sort of thing as a negative trend.

Just now, Mindwalker said:

Unfortunately, MSNBC doesn't have a livestream on YT. I don't have a VPN (except for the built-in one of Opera, which doesn't work for me), so I can't watch streams on the networks' websites.

Im in Prague and I've been watching the live vid on CNN.com, if that helps

4 minutes ago, Relic said:

CNN is hurting my brain. Awful to watch, and I've watched waaaay too much of it.

For at least the past decade they've kinda been like the political media equivalent of the common GoT critiques - lost of flashing lights, graphics, and stimuli to mask the vapid content.

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

For at least the past decade they've kinda been like the political media equivalent of the common GoT critiques - lost of flashing lights, graphics, and stimuli to mask the vapid content.

These seated panel-heads or whatever they are called nowadays are just repeating the same shit, over and over. Honestly, it's mind numbing. I haven't spent a single minute watching CNN in years, until Tuesday, and I can't wait to turn this shit off for another 4 years. 

Mark Meadows has tested positive for Covid-19, lol! Couldn’t happen to a better person. I’ve seen him so many times being a jerk on CNBC or CNN, giving reporters a hard time for wearing masks.

eta: hey, another WH superspreader event? The Election Night party?

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Mark Meadows has tested positive for Covid-19, lol! Couldn’t happen to a better person. I’ve seen him so many times being a jerk on CNBC or CNN, giving reporters a hard time for wearing masks.

Fake News!  Perfect excuse to "quarantine" one's self from Trump right now.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

While using a "Legal Defense Fund" to pay off one's debts is quite likely unique, losing candidates employing their remaining influence to settle campaign debts in one way or another is decidedly standard operating procedure.  Hillary famously leveraged her endorsement and email list in order to get Obama to assume her debt in 2008.

No shit. Have some fun mother fucker! 

I have never posted on Twitter before today, but I’ve been on there for the past few hours now calling elected government officials horrible names and challenging them to hypothetical fist fights. It’s incredibly cathartic.

49 minutes ago, Relic said:

These seated panel-heads or whatever they are called nowadays are just repeating the same shit, over and over. Honestly, it's mind numbing. I haven't spent a single minute watching CNN in years, until Tuesday, and I can't wait to turn this shit off for another 4 years. 

There really isn't enough news to fill a 24 hr news channel, so everything has to be recycled multiple times in a day, and when there is only one thing the news channel wants to talk about everything gets recycled multiple times in an hour.

Archived