College Football: We're Seriously Still Doing This?

Tywin et al.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

I wish Northwestern could have held on.

Yeah I had a feeling that Ohio State would have a comeback. They generally have our number and I was not impressed by Northwestern's play vs their season ranking earlier in the year.

12 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I've been weighing the pros and cons of Illinois hiring Bret Bielema. While he's an Illinois native that has familiarly with recruiting in B1G territory from his time at Wisconsin, he got fired for being a .500 coach in the SEC.

Which means he ought to win about 80% in the Big 10.

:smug: 

From an ESPN FBS article-

"If Clemson and Alabama end up meeting in the national championship, it would be their fifth playoff meeting in the past six years." 

"Talk about a lack of competitive balance across a sport with 130 FBS teams." [endquote]

I think the article mentions that the usual 4 (includes the Irish and Buckeyes) picked for this year's playoff have been the selects for 20 of 28 slots since the latest playoff format has been instituted.

NCAAF stayin on snoooozzzzze.

• 2 weeks later...

Suppose anyone would struggle if their top four receiving targets weren't playing, but yeah... that was rough.

Its one of the things that I dislike most about the playoff system.  It has made playing in "secondary" bowl games an afterthought for most teams.

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Its one of the things that I dislike most about the playoff system.  It has made playing in "secondary" bowl games an afterthought for most teams.

If we're being honest, it was an afterthought for a lot of teams before the playoff too. 

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

If we're being honest, it was an afterthought for a lot of teams before the playoff too. 

For some, but there wasn't quite the "We just lost the conference championship and our chance at the playoffs... so #$&% it" mentality that there is now.

I haven't watched a single minute of college sports since March, because the greed and exploitation of college sports combined with COVID risks was just a bridge too far for me. 

And I'll be honest, I don't miss it much.  The NCAA can fuck right off. 

Glad the families of the Fighting Irish could be present to see this.

1 hour ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

Down with College football forever:

The lawsuits in the years to come are going to be crushing if there's any justice. 

Archived