US Politics: Autogolpe big or golpe home

Kalbear

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Twitter saying four people died in yesterday's insurrection. One from shooting, three from 'medical emergencies.'

What does that mean?

Heard one from falling off scaffolding, the other is a suspected heart attack from tasing himself, and the other unknown.

2 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

People remember Watergate but not COINTELPRO. They can tell you about that time Clinton got a blow job from an intern but not the bombings of Afghanistan and the Sudan. Iran Contra has virtually been erased from the public consciousness. Even Watergate and the blowjob are largely forgiven it seems. I'm supposed to believe that Jimmy Carter was out of his depth as president yet the last two republican presidents are both strong contenders for worst president ever. The last guy was such an obvious disaster that GW Bush is starting to look good in comparison.

I hope you're right, but history has a habit of rehabilitating the reputations of these monsters. This is why removing trump or impeaching him before he leaves office is so important. Shit, even the crap he's pulled off in the last six months seems like ancient history to me. 

Hmm, amongst Democrats I think Bill's reputation has deteriorated.  What happened with Lewinski, others, and his actions on social welfare and law and order are all completely ideologically opposed to where the party is now.  

The longer things are stuffed in Iraq & Afghanistan, the worse that is for Bush.  He obviously has improved in comparison with Trump, but that's not a high bar.  

9 minutes ago, Makk said:

For the woman who was shot, have they revealed who shot her? Was it security? Her own gun accidentally? 

It was reported that the police shot her. Footage seems to support it, as she was trying to clamber through a broken window into a secured area, and an officer can be seen with gun pointed in the hallway she was trying to get into.

Archived